Happy Thanksgiving - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-04-2012, 06:25 PM   #1

Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
Registry
Happy Thanksgiving

hello! i'd just like to wish all canucks a VERY happy Thanksgiving this weekend!

may we be thankful for a wonderful camping season and also for our fiberglass friends on both sides of the border.

this spring we met many new friends at vivian's eggfest held in kingston, ontario....and we also renewed friendships with some wonderful people who we met up with again. it is wonderful to put names from this forum onto actual faces!

we hosted ed and marje shook and also alf and mary anne stacey----this whole concept of hosting is a fantastic way to connect with some truly wonderful people.

again, happy thanksgiving from someone who is truly thankful.
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:24 PM   #2

Trailer: Trillium
Registry
Happy Thanksgiving weekend to you and Dennis, Theresa. And to all our other Canadian FGRV'ers!
Attached Thumbnails
DSC01519.jpg  
Noreen Bradshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:24 PM   #3

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
I think that we should also wish our American friends a Happy Columbus Day.
Not sure why, but they get to celebrate it twice. They also have a Thanksgiving later on.
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:35 PM   #4

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
We don't get turkey on Columbus day, in fact we're lucky to even get the day off work . Columbus day celebrates Columbus landing in the Americas (though Native Americans certainly don't feel that this is anything to celebrate.)
Here's the Official Thanksgiving Definition:
  1. legal holiday: a legal holiday marking the feast given in thanks for the harvest by the Pilgrim colonists in 1621.
  2. legal holiday in Canada: in Canada, a legal holiday observed as a day of giving thanks for the harvest and other good things received.
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:48 PM   #5

Trailer: 1977 TM14 Surfside / 2007 Toyota Tundra V8 2wd
Registry
Happy Thanksgiving and Columbus Day. Off camping this weekend for the last time this year. My friends and I
also celebrate Halloween this weekend by carving pumpkins and putting them around our campsite. Lots of fun
and good food.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:10 PM   #6

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
Happy Thanksgiving to all. I am rushing back from a couple weeks in Southern Utah, and am right now an hour south of the border. Home tomorrow to reload the trailer. Not going to miss going camping with family and friends this weekend. It is usually our last trip of the year in the trailer too.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:37 PM   #7

Name: Ron
Trailer: 2008 13' Scamp
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by theresa p View Post
hello! i'd just like to wish all canucks a VERY happy Thanksgiving this weekend!

we hosted ed and marje shook and also alf and mary anne stacey----this whole concept of hosting is a fantastic way to connect with some truly wonderful people.

Is this hosting similar to a home exchange? Only exchanging some driveway space instead of homes? From what I can gather home exchanges etc. seem to work well for a lot of people and I've wondered in the past about "driveway exchanges" I know I'd rather stay in a fellow egg owner's driveway for a couple of days, close to a city that I wanted to see, than in a commercial trailer park. In my case, my driveway is minutes from some major attractions and there aren't really many alternatives for visitors that are close to the city. Didn't want to hijack the thread but was wondering about the term "hosting".

Our turkey is in the fridge defrosting. Can't wait, I love turkey dinner.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 04:22 AM   #8

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Quote:

may we be thankful for a wonderful camping season and also for our fiberglass friends on both sides of the border.

this spring we met many new friends at vivian's eggfest held in kingston, ontario....and we also renewed friendships with some wonderful people who we met up with again. it is wonderful to put names from this forum onto actual faces!

Hi: theresa p... Happy Thanksgiving and thanks again for the wonderful BBQ party in Moncton. It really was great to see you and Dennis again.
No turkey here!!! We're having 20-25 people for locally raised Prime Rib on the spit. It just fit across the bottom of the 5.0 fridge with a few 1.9ltr. growlers of local IronSpike Copper Ale on the rack above.
We're doubly thankfull this year for all the friends we've met and forty years together too!!!
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Attached Thumbnails
40th. Ann. Still togerther!!!.jpg  
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 04:29 AM   #9

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Celebrate! Give thanks and be grateful.

Happy Thanksgiving day to all my Canadian friends.
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 06:32 AM   #10

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape
Michigan
If we all celebrated our own Thanksgiving AND our northern (or southern) neighbors, we could have turkey twice. How could that hurt?
rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 06:45 PM   #11

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrugg View Post
If we all celebrated our own Thanksgiving AND our northern (or southern) neighbors, we could have turkey twice. How could that hurt?
Just our waistlines?
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:22 PM   #12

Registry
ron---in response to your queries regarding hosting----there is a thread on this site that speaks to the idea of allowing fellow FGRV members to "camp" in one's driveway/yard/lot/whatever is available on offer.....so far we've done it 4 times ( twice for alf and mary anne!!). we've met fantastic people, had lovely dinners and great conversations and most importantly, made "connections" with fellow like-minded new friends.
if you are interested, add your info to the thread and see what happens. from our perspective, we, too, think it's much nicer than a campground.

and alf---your beef-on-a-spit party sounds terrific! and congratulations on your 40 years together with mary anne.
Old 10-05-2012, 07:51 PM   #13

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
I'm planning a upper New York camping trip at a converted ski slope turned into a campground, hopefully with snow and a turkey dinner at a old time railroad station turned into a restaurant in nearby town. This cg has full hookups that are winterized with underground faucets below the frost line.I also have a heated water hose. Did I mention they are also Passport America member?
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:54 PM   #14

Registry
hey jim---what's the name of that campground? sounds like one to keep in my bookmark for future reference. have a great time!!
Old 10-05-2012, 07:59 PM   #15

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Quote:
hey jim---what's the name of that campground? sounds like one to keep in my bookmark for future reference. have a great time!!
Frost Ridge Campground - Le Roy NY - Fun Family Camping
here is the restaurant http://www.dandrdepot.com
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 05:45 AM   #16

Trailer: 13 ft Boler 1986
Registry
Happy Thanksgiving to all our friends around the world, no matter if they get Turkey or not. We try to remember to give thanks every day but busy goes the time.
Just returned from our last camping trip (boo hoo) to Kiosk (in the NW corner of Algonquin) and the all colours were just amazing. We had the place pretty much to ourselves too.
Hope to see you at EggFest next May. It's in Peterborough next year at Beavermead Campground the American Long Weekend (May 24/25/26).
Vivian & Paul
and the boogie boler
Vivian L is offline   Reply With Quote