Harbor Freight Generator on Sale! - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV

Old 08-10-2016, 10:35 PM   #29

Name: Dale
Trailer: 2010 EggCamper, 2002 Highlander 3.0L, 1999 F250 7.3L Diesel
Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
Plus it was useless in snow!!
I had a totally different experience, Steve! I grew up high in the Colorado Rockies and went to graduate school in the Appalachians of West Virginia, and my little '71 Super Beetle was one of the best "snow goers" I ever owned! Having the weight of the rear engine right over the rear drive wheels gave that little car tons of traction. That said, steering on ice and snow, with the light front end, was sometimes a challenge! Now, what was the thread topic again?

Old 08-11-2016, 08:51 AM   #30

Name: JD
Trailer: Scamp 16 Modified (BIGLY)
Florida
I have several HF inverter generators.
One at work where is is in the mix with Honda EU2000s and EU3000s and while the HF is heavier than the Honda 2000s on our db meter they measure about the same at normal operating loads.
The secret is cutting off the fuel when you shut down and using stabilizer in the fuel and if possible use only "pure" gas if possible.
At home I run mine or RUL with (maybe 10% ethanol) no problems.
Also run the generator for maybe 10 hours and change the oil. We use Royal Purple 30 wt in all of our generators.
Several of my maintenance men bought the HF units after we tested them side by side.
Somewhere on the threads her I posted a short item on making an intake silencer for the HF unit. And with this intake silencer the HF is as quiet as the Honda, Heavier, but as quiet.
How much is the weight worth to you and add that the difference in cost and decide what you want.
The HF unit does not have an ECO mode, but it puts out more power than the EU2000.
Mine has served fairly well.
The only time I have had any problems starting is when I forgot to turn the fuel valve under the pull cord off.
We exercise out generators regularly and this helps keep them reliable.
We rely on these (and have spares) for outage power and emergencies.
One note we have had one of our Hondas stolen, but the HF is still here.
Now that speaks to the discernment of the thief and the fact that we have more Hondas.
I bought the HF just to compare it to the Hondas and bought one for myself after trying it at work and comparing to the Premium Hondas.

Old 08-11-2016, 09:00 AM   #31

Name: Darral
Trailer: Scamp Standard 13' 2010
Tennessee
GOOD write-up Red! And Marky...will be watching/waiting/anticipating your epxeriences with the HF gen!

[QUOTE=redbarron55;603128]I have several HF inverter generators.
One at work where is is in the mix with Honda EU2000s and EU3000s and while the HF is heavier than the Honda 2000s on our db meter they measure about the same at normal operating loads.
Old 08-11-2016, 09:22 AM   #32

Name: Huck
Trailer: ParkLiner
Virginia
When I look up the generator, it says $449. I tried entering the coupon # from 1st page, but it's not accepted. I wonder if this is only certain stores?
Old 08-11-2016, 09:43 AM   #33

Name: Jack L
Trailer: Bigfoot B-17 CB
Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huck View Post
When I look up the generator, it says $449. I tried entering the coupon # from 1st page, but it's not accepted. I wonder if this is only certain stores?
Same here.
Old 08-11-2016, 11:32 AM   #34

Name: JD
Trailer: Scamp 16 Modified (BIGLY)
Florida
Sometimes the sales are sent to inside track members in a mailed flyer.
This could be where he saw the sale.
My guys were talking about it this morning and this is probably where they saw the sale price.
We bought in a previous sale where there was coupon that reduced the price to 399 from 499.
Old 08-11-2016, 07:06 PM   #35

Name: Marky
Trailer: Casita
Texas
I agree with Darry, really great write up Red. I got an email from HF with their flyer. It didn't come in the mail. I bet if you took it to the store it would work.
I bought the HF generator and filled it with oil and gas. I have it running right now. It says in the manual to run it for 24 hours, and change the oil before putting a full load on it. I connected a 300 watt light to it and it didn't even hiccup. It is noisier thank a Honda, but I expected that. It's about as loud as the 3000 watt Honda, but not as loud as two EU2000s. It also has a bigger 125cc engine than Hondas 98cc and puts out more power. So it has to be heavier. It could be an alternative for some, to carrying two generators. If all that is needed is a little more power. Hondas are great generators but for the cost of repairs, this just might be something to think about.
It is heavier but than again, bigger engine and more power. The HF generator has a two year warranty. 90 days for exchange at the store and the rest is repair. They have an extended exchange for one year, for $79, two years for $129. This is also something to think about. If your traveling an your generator breaks down, just take it to any HF store and have it exchanged and you're off to enjoy your vacation.
I'm going to lookup your HF intake mod Red. I get it when people say they don't like generators. I also get it when they say to camp in cooler areas. Those are not an option, as we can't move the ranch! Lol! I'm also posting a picture as to why this generator is a necessary evil! You can imagine how hot it is in the Casita!
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByFiberglass RV1470963970.649761.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	98433

Sent from my Nexus using Fiberglass RV
Old 08-11-2016, 07:13 PM   #36

Texas
I was just thinking, the coupon might be exclusive to my email. For those of you who want an HF generator, try getting on their mailing list so they can send you the flier. Then cancel when they do.
Marky

Old 08-12-2016, 08:18 AM   #37

Texas
Harbor Freight Generator on Sale!

Update, the HF generator has been running for about 15 hours and it's kept a constant 120 Volts of AC loaded and unloaded. I plugged in a 300watt work lamp on it for an hour and it kept a constant 120.5V.
I measured the voltage at my house and it's 124.5 volts! The generator has better voltage regulation!

Name:	ImageUploadedByFiberglass RV1471011485.233595.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	119.1 KB
ID:	98436

Happy Camping!
Marky
Old 08-12-2016, 08:24 AM   #38

Tennessee
When you're signed up with HF, they do/will send exclusive coupons. And -from what they've told me- EVERY coupon printed is "serialized"...meaning once that number is "scanned" in at HF, it can no longer be used. Just be glad someone didnt take your advice, print the coupon and beat you to HF!!!

Thanks for the update...sounds like you have a REAL winner there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyVasquez View Post
I was just thinking, the coupon might be exclusive to my email. For those of you who want an HF generator, try getting on their mailing list so they can send you the flier. Then cancel when they do.
Marky

Old 08-14-2016, 05:54 PM   #39

Texas
The HF generator worked great! It powered the Air Conditioner without a hiccup. When the AC turned on it just accelerated with no problems. I couldn't even hear it running in the Casita at all!
I'm having problems with my refrigerator on propane and switched it from gas to AC. The generator just accelerated a tiny bit. It ran both with no problems, in 108 degrees! It used about the same amount of gas as my Honda 2000.
The Honda 2000 seemed to struggle a little when the AC compressor kicked in, but the HF generator with its extra 500 watts had smooth startups. Even with the fridge running on 120v.
I turned off the compressor on the AC using the thermostat, to use the 800 watt microwave. I ran the AC on low cool all the time. It was colder than I needed.
With a two year warranty, yes I would recommend the HF generator.
Marky

Happy Camping!
Marky
Old 08-15-2016, 09:26 PM   #40

Texas
Harbor Freight just came out with a lower price on the generator today! $349! I just bought mine for $369. This is an even better deal!

Name:	ImageUploadedByFiberglass RV1471317938.836525.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	98561

Old 08-15-2016, 09:36 PM   #41

Tennessee
I guarantee you that if you go back they'll refund you the difference. About $22! Most will within 30 days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyVasquez View Post
Harbor Freight just came out with a lower price on the generator today! $349! I just bought mine for $369. This is an even better deal!
Attachment 98561

Old 08-15-2016, 09:38 PM   #42

Texas
I going to do that tomorrow Darryl. My generator isn't even a week old. Thanks!
Marky

Tags
generator