Has anyone used one of these before? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-17-2008, 11:30 PM   #21

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler and 1987 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Registry
Another idea....

I 'm thinking of using one of these;
http://www.target.com/Reliance-Hydroller-W...r/dp/B000FI6SDK

with one of these;
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=1795858

instant solar shower that can also be used as a water tote.
Old 12-18-2008, 11:53 AM   #22

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp 1983
That looks like a good idea to have a roll around water container, even if you don't use it to shower. I filled our 6 gallon container the other day, and could barely pick it up. I like your shower idea, too!
April Wilcox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 03:39 PM   #23

Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
I went to smaller water containers in boating for that reason (when I have to carry them). The typical 6-gallon "jerry jug" is a killer when it's full.

I looked at the Reliance carrier that was linked to. It looks good, although of course it made me think of yet another option

I was just thinking that if one were to use more than one jug, then it might make sense to have non-wheeled jugs, and one single foldable cart or dolly that could be used on all of them interchangeably. Then you'd have the option of larger wheels too, if you tend to camp at places with unpaved terrain.

Raya
Raya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 03:51 PM   #24

Trailer: 1974 Trillium 13 ft
Quote:
I was just thinking that if one were to use more than one jug, then it might make sense to have non-wheeled jugs, and one single foldable cart or dolly that could be used on all of them interchangeably. Then you'd have the option of larger wheels too, if you tend to camp at places with unpaved terrain.
I like that idea, especially if both the jug and cart are foldable/collapsible. Space is always a concern, and in my case I use such jugs mainly for non-drinkable water, so not having to store a tank full of air while travelling is always a plus.

Edit: Here's one that folds down, with retractable wheels, 150lb capacity.
Old 12-18-2008, 05:05 PM   #25

I couldn't get that link to work, but here is one that holds 150lbs and folds flat. Not very expensive either.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Folding-Hand-Truck-Car...0QQcmdZViewItem
Old 12-18-2008, 05:30 PM   #26

Trailer: 1974 Trillium 13 ft
Quote:
I couldn't get that link to work, but here is one that holds 150lbs and folds flat. Not very expensive either.
Same one, "Magna Cart". Also here and here, or use any Cdn postal code (H0H 0H0) on the first link.
Old 12-19-2008, 07:29 AM   #27

Name: Marjie
Trailer: Trillium 4500
New York
Hi all,

While checking out the info. on April's Zodi shower, I found that the company also makes a simple shower stall. I kind of liked it because it doesn't have a roof. It has always perplexed me, why a roof on a shower stall? I would think that without a roof the stall would dry faster, and the sun would feel great.
Anyway, another thought. Are these stalls (any brand) made to withstand the weight of a sun shower? I've only used my sun-shower for simple sponge baths and washing dishes, but my husband is thinking a stall would come in handy.
What brand do you all have, how do you like it, and how sturdy is it???

Thanks, and Happy Holidays, Marjie
Rarebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 01:09 PM   #28

We have been taking "practice" showers with the new 2 1/2 gallon tank to make sure it will actually suit our needs, and I have found that if you do a fast first rinse to get wet, soap up and shampoo, then rinse, you still have just enough water to slap a dab of conditioner in, and get one more good head to toe rinse off before the water taps out. Definitely adequate for camping needs. I also found a 3 1/2 gallon tank for sale on line, it was about $90 or so, if you don't mind splurging for another gallon. Definitely worth having!