Has this happen to you? - Fiberglass RV

Old 07-21-2015, 10:48 PM   #1

Name: Monte
Trailer: Perris Pacer
California
Registry
Has this happen to you?

So I was checking out Craigslist looking for windows for my Perris Pacer when I came across a dealer who I thought had one of the windows I was looking for! I called him up and he said that he would let me have it for a great price! I told him what I was doing with it and in passing that they have one of them little trailers ( 13 foot Casita ) they were trying to sell for a customer that had left the state ( California )! I gave it one of those Homer Simson's ARRU! I talk to my wife and asked what she thought if this trailer was in great shape and us buying it and to my surprise she said ( go for it ). Can't tell you how much I love my wife!!!! I drove two hours to get the window and LOOK at the trailer. I am now happy to say I am the happy owner of two trailers. This thing is in mint condition. I now can take my time restoring my Perris Pacer and enjoy my Casita on the north coast for diving. Has this happen to you?

All the best, Monte

Old 07-21-2015, 11:34 PM   #2

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006
California
GOOD job Monte, I've had a few things drop in my lap like that but nothing as sweet. Was in a car club years ago and through a friend found out about a one owner car in great condition for sale cheap. One of only 935 made. My wife wasn't as agreeable as yours and I had to pass. Lost out on 5K in my pocket on a flip.

Old 07-22-2015, 07:24 AM   #3

Name: Sally
Trailer: Scamp 19' Fifth Wheel
Florida
I feel so much better. Thanks Monte for making me feel like we are not the only ones with this disease. We had no truck and no scamp when we went to just look thru the scamps at scamp camp 2015.

1 month later we had a truck and a 19 footer! Both were cases of nah, not ready to buy yet and so here they sit 3 years ahead of schedule.
Old 07-22-2015, 01:45 PM   #4

Name: Tim
Trailer: boler
Ontario
same same

walking around town one day and ran into a guy that had an old trailer that hadn't moved in eons. asked if he was fixing it, making a hunt camp or ice fishing hut. he said none of the above. that he was gonna take it to the dump. I said huh? then he said if your interested. you tow it away, its yours. So I towed it away. Not knowing what I was in for to fix it up. for less than $500.00 I used it this year for a summer holiday. still needs work but it allows me to finish the restoration on my 76 Boler. My wife said roughly what yours did. Go for it. If its not worth it, we'll take it to the dump. I thought if thats the case I'll keep the fridge and converter if it works etc and put it in my Boler.
Old 07-22-2015, 08:33 PM   #5

California
Registry
Has this ever happen to you

Tim, got to love our wife's when they back us up! It's very rare for us boys when it comes to our toys!
Old 07-22-2015, 09:17 PM   #6

Name: bob
Trailer: 1984 u-haul ct13; 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
We seem to totally function on dumb luck. Daughter found a vintage teardrop on craigslist that needed restoration. Day after looking and rejecting it wife decided she wanted it, so offered $500 and we owned it. Restored it and use it. Then a couple years later on a trip to pick blueberries wife spots a Uhaul camper in a little RV lot. It was there being sold on consignment. Couple days later and $2000 we own it. Then a couple years later as we're looking at a Casita 17 that friends bought, wife says "let me know if you ever decide to sell this". Five months later we own it too, but nothing to pull it with and only a month before heading south for the winter. After frustrating search for a pickup I say "I give up, we're out of time, we'll have to take the Uhaul south again" and wife says what about this Dodge dealer we are driving by. So I pull in there and end up with a 2012 Ram that has only 17,000 miles on it. So now we have 4 campers, including the '73 Starcraft pop-up that wifes father found for us at a great price in 1977.
Old 07-28-2015, 07:53 AM   #7

California
Registry
Glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks like this! Now this is how bad I've become! I'm in the coffee business and have accounts all around northern California and as I'm driving, I'm now looking for these trailers on people's property to buy another one to fix up down the road! I know that I'll find one that time has forgotten and needs some love to come back to life. Am I sick?
All the best
Old 07-29-2015, 05:11 PM   #8

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1977, 1978 (2), 1300 - 1977, 1973, and a 1972
Alberta
Registry
I have six Trilliums. None more then $3100 cdn. Enough said.