Have Ordered 17 ft. Casita SD - yipee! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-04-2012, 10:32 AM   #1

Name: Jo
Trailer: have ordered Casita SD 17
Massachusetts
Have Ordered 17 ft. Casita SD - yipee!

Hi all,

I am SO excited! We just ordered a 17 ft Casita SD and will pick it up in November when we head over to the States (for those of you who don't know....we're in Spain).

Now, in addition to being tiny 12-foot TT campers here in Europe, its official.....we'll be "moving up" to a bigger 17 ft. FG TT when we come back over to the States.

We have so many things to do to get ready for it ...... I may be asking a lot of questions, so beware!

Just can't wait!!!!! Yipee!!!!
Jo Agrafojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:36 AM   #2

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Congrat's! I am sure your excitement is only starting.......... Enjoy!
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:50 AM   #3

Name: john
Trailer: scamp 13
Michigan
very cool!
Old 09-04-2012, 01:05 PM   #4

Massachusetts
Thanks Robin and John! We're SUPER excited and starting to get "the ball rolling" so we can get over there and start enjoying it!
Old 09-04-2012, 01:49 PM   #5

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape
Michigan
Do you get to order a new tow vehicle, too? Don't you "need" a new tow vehicle? I bet you can talk yourselves into one.
rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 02:03 PM   #6

Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrugg View Post
Do you get to order a new tow vehicle, too? Don't you "need" a new tow vehicle? I bet you can talk yourselves into one.
My husband's been looking into the tow vehicle. He's been alternating between a Nissan Pathfinder, Toyota 4-Runner, and Dodge Durango... He's looking for a used vehicle - not too expensive nor too many miles... I guess we'll have to see which of his "favorites" is available and which one we can get the best deal on when we get over to the States.
Old 09-04-2012, 02:08 PM   #7

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape
Michigan
When he decides which vehicle is his favorite contact a dealer for that brand and ask about getting vehicle just off lease. We've bought several that way (two year leases) and have saved at least $10,000 compared to the price of the same thing new. All dealers have access to these. Whatever he decides, make sure to get one with a factory tow package.
rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 06:05 PM   #8

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Congratulations. Now you get to anticipate the hatching!!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 11:50 AM   #9

Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Congratulations. Now you get to anticipate the hatching!!
Thanks Donna! We're VERY excited. Now we have our work cut for us - getting everything set to go pick up our egg... but it will be worth it once we're out and about with the freedom it will give us to explore!
Old 09-06-2012, 03:42 PM   #10

Trailer: 13 ft 2000 Scamp
You are going to love it, we picked up our Casita 17 in July. The trip to get it was exciting. We now have over 20 nights in our new trailer. Congrats on your new purchase.
Steve M K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 03:51 PM   #11

Trailer: Trillium 4500
Registry
Congrats on the new rig! As for tow rigs I'd stay away from the durango, horrible fuel economy.
Steve Hammel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 05:02 PM   #12

Massachusetts
Thank you Steve M. K! I know we are going to enjoy it! The anticipation and planning is part of the fun!

Steve Hammel: Yes, my husband has come to the same conclusion. I think he's narrowed it down to the Nissan and the Toyota. We'll see which one we can get the best deal on when we get over to the States in a couple of months.
Old 09-06-2012, 06:43 PM   #13

Trailer: Chalet
Send a message via Yahoo to Lynn Musgrave
Congrats on the new Casita ...and glad it will be ready when you get home.

Now let me think ( hard for me to do sometimes) seems like I remember something about shipping home one of those cheap ,ugly (joking of course) screen rooms from Spain. Now that kind of thing just want do with that nice new "Egg" so you need to have it drop shiped to my house and I will use it for you ..Oh wait I ment take care of it for you. We camped in Germany years ago...loved the screen rooms then...I just know they have improved with the chaging times.

Congrats again...you will be so very glad you got the Casita and the new screen room too....you will be the hit of the campground.

Have a safe trip home and Happy Camping
Lynn Musgrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 02:00 AM   #14

Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn Musgrave View Post
Congrats on the new Casita ...and glad it will be ready when you get home.

Now let me think ( hard for me to do sometimes) seems like I remember something about shipping home one of those cheap ,ugly (joking of course) screen rooms from Spain. Now that kind of thing just want do with that nice new "Egg" so you need to have it drop shiped to my house and I will use it for you ..Oh wait I ment take care of it for you. We camped in Germany years ago...loved the screen rooms then...I just know they have improved with the chaging times.

Congrats again...you will be so very glad you got the Casita and the new screen room too....you will be the hit of the campground.

Have a safe trip home and Happy Camping

Lynn,

The screenrooms HAVE improved in looks. They are actually very, very nice and much sturdier than anything in the States. No wind or rain is going to take the screenroom down!

I guess with the "egg" and the screenroom we'll definitely get a lot of curious campers taking a look. ...

If you hear a thud on your roof, you'll know I've instructed the airplane pilot to drop the screenroom out for you "to take care of for me".

Once we get settled with the Casita and the screenroom, I'll post a photo.

Here's the brand of screenroom we're getting:

Avancés Inaca: Cocinas para camping; complementos para avancés;estructuras avancés;suelos para camping
Old 09-07-2012, 05:38 AM   #15

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo Agrafojo View Post
Thank you Steve M. K! I know we are going to enjoy it! The anticipation and planning is part of the fun!

Steve Hammel: Yes, my husband has come to the same conclusion. I think he's narrowed it down to the Nissan and the Toyota. We'll see which one we can get the best deal on when we get over to the States in a couple of months.
Hi: Jo Agrafojo... Here's a pic of our camp site on the Bay of Fundy in Nova Scotia. We use our awning 98% of the time and if the bugs are bad we have a screen room to attach to the awning as well as a free standing one for the BBQ. Usually we don't put them up as we really use our Escape 5.0 and Nissan Frontier 4dr.V6 for travelling distances. This last trip from Ontario to Nova Scotia thru the US via NY. VT. NH. and ME was 5320kms. for two weeks.
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Attached Thumbnails
Up close and personal.jpg   The view from here.jpg  

Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 07:43 AM   #16

Massachusetts
Nice photos, Alf! We're anxious to see the Nova Scotia area. Our daughter lives in northwestern Massachusetts (near the New Hampshire border), so we'll probably do a lot exploring up in New England and into Nova Scotia too. We will basically double our living space with a screen room, since we'll be traveling a few months at a time.

Tags
casita