Have some fun looking - Fiberglass RV

Old 03-25-2010, 06:28 PM   #1
Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
I was on Flickr looking for something. And you know how one thing leads to another and then leads to another? Well, found some really cool trailer/tug combination's. It a lot of cases the trailer is made from half of the same model vehicle and then painted to match. Check out the Isetta pulling the one wheeled trailer... that trailer looks big enough for a six-pack of your favorite beverage... providing they're cans!

Extra points if you can find the salmon colored hotrod that's hooked to the Boler with what looks like a working chimney! And the really neat trailer hooked to something called an Estate car.... that's all I'm going to tell you... ya gotta go look for yourself... all 18 pages worth

Flickr Groups - Matching Tugs and Trailers

Donna D.
Ten Forward - 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Double Yolk - 1988 16' Scamp Deluxe
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 08:21 PM   #2
Name: Rachel
Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)

I totally know how that happens - fun, isn't it?

I will have to go take a look.

PS: "Estate" is what the Brits call a station wagon (so that's one possible meaning of "estate car").

Raya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 08:31 PM   #3
Name: james
Trailer: Boler 1984
There must be a whole bunch of cars with a lot of parts missing!

Don't know if that's a Boler. The windows don't seem quite right.
The funky looking International is correct but is towing the wrong trailer. It should match the back of the tow.
The Estate Car is a 1954 or 1955 with a paint job for a 1956-7. They made them for two years, back then, before changing things. I still have a set of hubcaps out in the garage.
How about the one with the Corvair? I thought that they had made a half sized car at first.
I think that our FG people can match these pretty well. We have some nice combinations out there.

james kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 11:33 PM   #4
Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Thanks Donna, do you realize that at least 8 of the rigs on the first page were shot at the Vintage Trailer Ralleye in Demimg Wa??
Nice to see some set ups I've not seen for a while, I guess I godda attend the N.West Vintage Meets. I know some of our members have in the past.
Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 06:26 AM   #5
Trailer: Bigfoot
Certainly a fun look-see. So what's with the matching trailer phenom? Persons all revved up and just can't quit when the car is done? Some amazingly creative work.
Cam A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 09:36 AM   #6
Trailer: 2007 Casita
Donna and Raya, FYI it's not the national secret that you two like to search out anything glass/camping related. I fondly refer to the two of you as the resident forum detectives.

You guys always find the best stuff...........
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 01:53 PM   #7
Trailer: Casita 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
PS: "Estate" is what the Brits call a station wagon (so that's one possible meaning of "estate car").
The Brits also refer to their "Estates" as "Shooting Brakes"....or "shooting Breaks"...I don't know which spelling and I don't ask me why, but they do.

Mike Price is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 07:44 PM   #8
Trailer: 2010 17 ft Escape B ('Cafe Egg')
Quite some fiberglass knowns hidden in there. And I was totally taken by surprise finding a Mercedes Bus with trailer from a to me personally known travel agency back in northern Germany, in Wittmund (Janssen Reisen)!!! WOW!!

And indeed, that chimney on the salmon pink fiberglass looks like a working one!

Gerda, H is offline   Reply With Quote