Haven't logged in since 02/05/2011 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-15-2018, 03:45 PM   #1

Name: TravelRN910
Trailer: 2017 17' Casita Spirit Deluxe
California
Registry
Haven't logged in since 02/05/2011

Funny how time seems to just get past a person. I've been RVing for about 10 years across the country and it was in 2010 that I bought a Casita 16' and joined this website. I sold it in early 2011 and bought a 40 tri-axle motorhome and had that for many years. This week I downsized again and bought a 2017 Spirit Deluxe that was used for only 6 months and then covered and stored in a warehouse. The people that I bought it from upsized to a motorhome. Been there, done that....

I'm very happy to be back in a Casita and the first night sleeping in it, I slept like a baby. I plan on making the proverbial "Alaska" trip in the spring. Many people have done it and I need to scratch it off my bucket list. This past year, I bought a Toyota Tacoma and had an elevated topper made for it to match my vehicle paint color and also ordered and installed my truck vaults for extra security storage.

I guess that about wraps it up for now. I just wanted to take the time to say hello and "Happy Trails" to everyone on the road fulltiming.
TravelRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 10:11 PM   #2
M_C

Name: Mike
Trailer: Scamp
California
Welcome back from the dark side.
M_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 09:00 AM   #3

Name: Frank
Trailer: Casita
Pennsylvania
TravelRN......

Welcome! Funny how we take different directions during different phases of our lives! Most of us have been down similar paths many times....sometimes with delight, sometimes with regret. But here we are, enjoying ourselves and hoping to make the most of our futures. What goes around.....

Hope to meet you somewhere down the road.

Frank
NASA42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 10:08 AM   #4

Name: David
Trailer: 1998 Casita 17 SD
Alberta
Registry
welcome back! We did the trip up to the Yukon with our Casita 17 a few years ago and had a good time! The roads are generally in good shape. We went in June and the bugs were not bad at all. the Yukon parks are a steal at $12 a night and were clean and very well maintained. Gas was expensive especially in remote areas. Try to gas up in towns only. Liard hot springs is a must stop but get there early or book a site as it does fill up. There is overflow parking as well as a commercial campground across the road from the park.
Dudley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 12:20 PM   #5

Name: Tom
Trailer: Sprinter 'til I buy
Denver, CO
"Keep your Daydream" is one of the best RV travel channels on YouTube. Marc & Trish with 3 teens are from AZ, and have completed 5 seasons somehow in about 3 years. Season 5 is AZ to AK and back. The season 5 is 25 episodes, Just AK is 15. Nope not fiberglass, still great. You maay also enjoy "Less Junk, More Journey" & their Alaska episodes.

Tom 72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 12:33 PM   #6

Name: Tom
Trailer: Sprinter 'til I buy
Denver, CO
A Very Entertaining Alaska Trip

Here's Kombi Life, aka Hasta Alaska, a very unusual trip to Alaska in an old broken down, burned out VW bus. Highly entertaining. They started in Chile. Not sure how they got that dog to sit atop the sign?

Tom 72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 01:10 PM   #7

Name: Kathleen (Kai: ai as in wait)
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16 1973 "Peanut"
Greater Seattle Metropolitan Area, Washington
Registry
Welcome back!
Old 12-26-2018, 08:49 AM   #8

Name: John
Trailer: 2019 Oliver Elite II
Texas
Nothing has really changed, Casita's are still built in Rice, Texas, have good resale value, and are popular for the fiberglass market.

trainman
trainman is offline   Reply With Quote