Head room - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-14-2014, 08:57 AM   #1

Name: Jeff
Trailer: in the market
Nevada
Head room

Hi all. New to the forum so if this isn't the right place to ask, please move it. My question is, how much headroom do these trailers have?? Lokking at 16 to 17 foot units. Probably Scamp or Casitas, but if a good deal falls in my lap I'm open to anything. I'm 6'1" in my sox and will not purchase an rv I can't stand up in. Made that mistake on a boat once and still have knots on my head from it. Thanks for any input. Regards, J.D.
jeff sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 09:16 AM   #2
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
Hello Jeff and welcome to the forum. Here's an old thread that might help. Raz

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ion-52092.html
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 09:18 AM   #3

Name: David
Trailer: Former 13’Scamp, now Snoozy
Arizona
Registry
Welcome to the FGRV forum/family. The Lil Snoozy has 6'6" of interior head room. Here is a contact to their website. Trailer Specifications: Camper: Smoakin Concepts Composites
Other fiberglass trailers that are known to fit taller people are Egg, and Parkliner.
Good luck with your search
Dave & Paula
David B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 10:03 AM   #4

Name: Fran
Trailer: None now - had 2 Scamps and 1 Escape
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by David B. View Post
Welcome to the FGRV forum/family. The Lil Snoozy has 6'6" of interior head room. Here is a contact to their website. Trailer Specifications: Camper: Smoakin Concepts Composites
Other fiberglass trailers that are known to fit taller people are Egg, and Parkliner.
Good luck with your search
Dave & Paula
And Escape trailers too.
Fran L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 04:48 PM   #5

Nevada
Thanks for the link Raz, was a good read. Thanks for the other input. I realize you don't spend a lot of time standing in your camper. My deal is i don't want to be bent over cooking or prepping meals. I really need to find one local I can look at. Thanks again folks. Regards, J.D.
Old 05-14-2014, 05:30 PM   #6

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 16
Michigan
The 2014 rally map might show a rally in your area where you can check out bunches of FGRV's. Most rallies have an open house period for checking out each others rigs. And to let the curios see what is up with all the "eggs" in the campground.

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...aps-61844.html
RogerDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 06:03 PM   #7
Commercial Member

Name: Charlie Y
Trailer: Escape 21 - Felicity
Oregon
I'm same size. The 17 ft Casitas have the headroom except where the Air hangs down an inch and a half - 16s are not as tall.

Charlie Y

Don't drill holes, try custom storage you design: https://RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 08:23 PM   #8

Name: Tom
Trailer: none
Minnesota
Registry
Jeff, I'm 5-11 and can wear my baseball cap in my Scamp, door is another issue, have to duck to get out. Also length of the bed in these trailers might be a issue if you like to stretch out, I can sleep with head halfway on pillow but if I straighten toes they will touch the wall.....
Hambone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 10:12 PM   #9

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 16
Michigan
I'm 6'1'' and the older scamp bed only fits me because the pillow raises my head so I'm no longer a my full height straight across and I don't wear fuzzy socks to bed. I don't touch walls but it is close.

One of our considerations for adding memory foam mattress is what is the width of the camper 2 inches higher up where I will be if we add that foam. Also the bed length toward the inside is shorter in the corners. Wife is petite so she fits fine. Two of me would not.

I think the Scamps were wider and a little taller after a certain year. Not sure what year that was. Only thing that gives me problems with standing (at least in the center) is the roof vent closure chain, just out of vision, I bump that chain all the time. No pain just annoying.

We don't cook inside, just sleep or sometimes sit around so it works for me.
RogerDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 11:29 PM   #10

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Check out EggCamper. Great interior height and the bed is huge compared to my Casita bed.
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 09:48 AM   #11

Nevada
Once again, thanks for all the support. Roger, thanks for the link. Unfortunately, all the ones remotely close me are already past. The one in Quartzsite they held in February, so if they do it at the same time next year, I can go. Don't plan on leaving till April, maybe May so will still have time do find one. I check Craigslist and Fiberglasrv for sale every day. Have seen several for sale in the Phoenix area, some is southern Cal, one maybe here in Vegas. Not really ready to buy yet, but if a screamin deal comes up, I'll be on it. Thanks again for the input and support. Much appreciated. Regards, J.D.
Old 05-16-2014, 12:39 AM   #12

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Just on the funny side Jeff, the Casita with 6' 1" and a carpet interior, it won't hurt as much if you hit your head...except for the door and AC , don't ask me about clearing the door.
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote