Headed to visit Parkliner - Page 10 - Fiberglass RV

Old 09-17-2013, 04:27 PM   #127

Name: Marky
Trailer: Casita
Texas
I just checked the Casital Spirit 17' and it has a dry weight of 2480 hitch weight of 385. The Scamp 16' Deluxe (wood) has a dry weight of 2200-2600 and a hitch weight of 165 to 255. They weigh about the same but the Casita is 17' but the hitch weight is about 175 lbs more give to take a few. Then there's the price difference. If I'm not mistaken the Scamp is more expensive. I can't find my the price list. I also like the idea of having the AC in the Trailer and not on the roof. I'm confused!

Old 09-17-2013, 05:29 PM   #128

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Mark, I believe the Casita 17's AC s roof mounted.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 06:22 PM   #129

Name: Marky
Trailer: Casita
Texas
Yes Honda the AC is mounted on the roof. I was noticing it is mounted behind the axel of the trailer. Can you imagine the hitch weight of you ordered it without the AC! I'm more inclined to buy the Scamp 16' for now. We're going to the "Rally In The Valley" next month so we'll take another look. I really appreciate all the information everyone has posted. I've seen your amazing upgrades and repairs Honda. I know someone who has an 1985 13' Casita that's really rundown and selling for a low price. I know that everyone on the forum is very helpful but I don't know if I have the skills.
Old 09-20-2013, 07:12 PM   #130

Name: Thom
Trailer: Chevy AWD Van Conversion
Astoria Oregon
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by BL Chiffons View Post
...Also considered A-framed folding by A-liner. It's our opinion that a fg rv will suit our needs fine. Just didn't think deciding on which fg rv to purchase would be such a challenge...
Greetings you two, no matter what you pick...best wishes!

My wife and i are EX A-Liner owners [Link to image]. I would not recommend the folding design unless you spring for the electric assist roof lift...raising that roof up/down gets OLD by the end of the first season!

Fiberglass is a sweet way to go!!

Cheers,
Thom
Archive: Parkliner #35 build thread
accrete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 12:29 PM   #131

Name: Linda
Trailer: Chinook
Washington
A 17ft. Escape is a possible option for a small dinette at one end and a dinette that can be made into a double bed at the other end. Customizing (as long as it doesn't affect structure) is very much an option, so even though the specs show a smaller sized bed, you can work with Reace (the owner) to create a trailer more to your liking. The quality of Escape trailers is superb and the service is incredible! We have owned 4 Escapes as well as many other molded fiberglass and stick-built trailers.
Old 09-29-2013, 10:35 PM   #132

Name: Dale
Trailer: 2010 EggCamper; 2002 Highlander 3.0L; 2017 Escape 21'; 2016 F-150 5.0L Fx4
Alabama
Hey Betty Lou and Bev, have you two narrowed down your choices any, yet? Keith, have you talked yourself into a Lil' Snoozy yet or still looking around? Inquiring minds want to know. Spring rallies will be here before you know it! Dale
Old 09-30-2013, 01:11 PM   #133

Name: Keith
Trailer: Not yet
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Eagle View Post
Hey Betty Lou and Bev, have you two narrowed down your choices any, yet? Keith, have you talked yourself into a Lil' Snoozy yet or still looking around? Inquiring minds want to know. Spring rallies will be here before you know it! Dale
I am waiting to see if I get a contract (work) , if I do I will put off my purchase as my time will be reduced for a bit. If i donít get it, I have pretty much decided on the Snoozy.
Old 09-30-2013, 01:23 PM   #134

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
Once we sell my GMC Canyon (my "new" '01 F-150 is in the shop getting headers put on this week), we will be visiting ParkLiner in NC to take a look, and if we like what we see, make a deposit and order the one we want.

Frank

Tags
parkliner