Headed to visit Parkliner - Page 4 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-29-2013, 03:49 PM   #61

Trailer: 2006 17 ft Casita
Registry
ask a lil snoozy owner yourself just ck on this link HOME
Old 08-29-2013, 03:50 PM   #62

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_a View Post
Okay, but I'm not positing the email, just the points that were raised. Actually I copied this from the email I sent ParkLiner:

1. Batteries have been moved outside and wedged between the propane tanks with terminal & wiring exposed to the elements? Ok Cameron told me they are fabricating a fiberglass box for the batteries to go into. I honestly couldnt believe that they were not put into some sort of battery box...I find this a bit iffy.

2. There is only 1" of clearance between the tire & wheel well? Im not sure, never measured mine and its not stored here by me... perhaps with the different axle I have but have no rub marks and I tow my ParkLiner off road alot.

(I really don't understand why this problem isn't taken care of with the mold. I have at least 2" of clearance with my Sunline, which by the way, just got sold).

3. They said refrigerator lines were hanging down and the workers jacked & jammed it up into the undercarriage? What lines are they talking about? Propane? AC/DC?

4. Tow chains were too short? Now with the original receiver I had that had a 6" rise on it the tow chains were snug so I added another foot onto it but when I added the wdh with a little less rise it was fine...I also loop the crossed chain through ring on either wide of the hitch and use a closeable link vs an "S" hook that some people have. I dont want a chain to ever pop off.

5. Rear taillight unit & the thermostat were both bad? This stuff isn't checked before a customer comes in? My right turnsignal at the TV plug wasn't inserted right everytime I put the right turnsignal on the 4 way flashers came on...took 5 minutes and fixed it... guess that got through quality control

6. Divider between the electrical panel & storage area is made of cardboard? Dont have this... doubt it was cardboard, perhaps a composite paper/wood product. I would have went with fiberglass myself if I was doing it.

7. Stabilizer for the table extension is a plain 2X4? The large dinette has a plywood board that slides in to make the queen sized bed. Under the marine plywood board(same material as the cabinet doors are made out of and varnished the same colour it has 2 2x4's for strength.

I don't know what to think Cameron. Are these all lies or 1/2 truths? Why souls someone anonymously email me stuff like this? It really just leads to more questions. Please understand I am NOT just trying to give you a hard time, it's just I have no clue as to what is going on with the company.

Good luck!

Frank
yeah would be nice if they responded.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 03:56 PM   #63

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMA & Pachyderm Posse View Post
ask a lil snoozy owner yourself just ck on this link HOME
Thanks BAMA, that's great there's a club for such a new trailer! Very cool...

Frank
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 04:12 PM   #64

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2013 Lil Snoozy #161 (SOLD)/2010 Tacoma
NE Oklahoma
FRANK: "While I would rather have an indoor shower, I'm willing to think about the outside one. We'll see what the wee lass thinks of that."

I guess I forgot to mention the Snoozy comes standard with an inside shower.
The outside shower on mine was something I asked them for. We've only used it
to rinse our feet off before we go inside. Just wanted to clear that up.....
carlkeigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 04:15 PM   #65

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlkeigley View Post
FRANK: "While I would rather have an indoor shower, I'm willing to think about the outside one. We'll see what the wee lass thinks of that."

I guess I forgot to mention the Snoozy comes standard with an inside shower.
The outside shower on mine was something I asked them for. We've only used it
to rinse our feet off before we go inside. Just wanted to clear that up.....
I missed that, so thanks. It's one of the reasons I mentioned it above! It looked like I could see a hose in one of the bath pics, and I wondered...

Frank
Old 08-29-2013, 04:32 PM   #66

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2013 Lil Snoozy #161 (SOLD)/2010 Tacoma
NE Oklahoma
When I was ordering ours, I was 25 pounds heavier and I was a bit concerned about
being able to use the shower.......LOL So I asked Alan if he could have an outdoor
shower installed and they did. He told me another had ordered the same thing only
he would make me look like a bean pole. As I could expand my personal budget I
kept emailing Alan and asking him for upgrades and extras.

I wanted it all but didn't want to add it later as my health was worse then.
So I thought if I could I would have it all added at the factory. Especially
as I'm a 1,000 miles away.
carlkeigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 04:49 PM   #67

Name: Mark
Trailer: Parkliner
Alabama
3. They said refrigerator lines were hanging down and the workers jacked & jammed it up into the undercarriage?
They likely meant the propane lines. They do hang down. I have attached a picture. I worry about these dragging the ground, coming lose without my knowledge, and creating an open propane leak. If the workers did jack on the unit it that area, it could cause the damage indicated.

5. Rear taillight unit & the thermostat were both bad? This stuff isn't checked before a customer comes in?
I had several items that needed fixing or replacing on my new unit. And that was after I walked through it with PL before I drove away, and discovered several items during that process.

6. Divider between the electrical panel & storage area is made of cardboard?
Yep, carbboard. I attached a picture.
Attached Thumbnails
20130829_173726.jpg   20130829_173800.jpg  

Birmingham1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 04:57 PM   #68

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Boondocking

Frank,

Just some thoughts.....

In our case we never expected to be boondockers when we started out 13 years ago, not surprising because we had never spent a single night in an RV. Now it's a capability I would not be without and as a result continually move my trailer towards being a more capable boondocker.

There are so many wonderful and/or inexpensive places to camp where there are no services, or alternately generator use is restricted. Personally I would never buy a trailer without a propane alternative, minimally recognizing that I would have to install propane at a later date like some have done in their all electric campers.

One of the benefits of electric brakes over surge brakes is the ability to activate the trailer brakes without activating the tow vehicle brakes. This is the most direct way to stop a trailer sway situation. As far as I know this is not possible with surge brakes.

As to 40 lbs, I know what you mean as we move from 70 to 80. Our back up collapsible water bottles are 2.5 gallons just for that reason. It is a small thing but reality is always only a short way away.

As to a King size bed, I personally have never seen one in a fiberglass trailer, though they may be possible. It seems that it is the defining requirement and propane or whatever may be totally secondary to bed dimensions.

Not attempting to be critical of Lil Snoozy or any other trailer. I would feel comfortable in any of them, probably because I feel, like owning a home, that one in time makes it their own.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 05:13 PM   #69

Name: Mark
Trailer: Parkliner
Alabama
2. There is only 1" of clearance between the tire & wheel well?

If they have an inch, they are doing well.

As you can see from my picture, I have a little over .5 inches, and this is after the tire replacement. You can also see where the tire has started rubbing the fiberglass again.
Attached Thumbnails
20130829_180628 (1).jpg  
Birmingham1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 06:48 PM   #70

New Jersey
Registry
...and unfortunatly everywhere you go, quality control seems to be mostly lacking. My mom bought back in 1988 a nice new Oldsmobile 88, was their top model with all the gizmo's...well had it a day went with my dad for a daytrip to the delaware water gap. She lowered her window and it fell off the track and almost out of the car. 2 recent threads of new scamp owners with new scamps with "issues". Sadly its why people say camp in the area for a night to test stuff out. Not saying its right, but seems to be the norm now adays.

We are in our crunch time getting the school ready for next week. The woman doing the floor waxing had caution tape up and signs on it saying wet wax. Well twice, in 2 days an outside contractor (could be fire supression, camera installers, fire inspectors... ) walked on the wax before it was dry...and not just stepped on it...walked across a large section of it. seems people dont pay attention...or just dont care.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
Old 08-29-2013, 06:53 PM   #71

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by deryk View Post
...and unfortunatly everywhere you go, quality control seems to be mostly lacking. My mom bought back in 1988 a nice new Oldsmobile 88, was their top model with all the gizmo's...well had it a day went with my dad for a daytrip to the delaware water gap. She lowered her window and it fell off the track and almost out of the car......... .
I think I see your point, but 1988 was a quarter century ago. That is a whole career span for many people.
Old 08-29-2013, 07:04 PM   #72

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
There would be next to nothing on the web if it weren't for anecdotal evidence.
Glenn Baglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 07:40 PM   #73

Name: Thom
Trailer: Chevy AWD Van Conversion
Astoria Oregon
Registry
Frank thanks for sharing and being bold and courageous!

One note on the rear table and the 2"x4"... i was actually quite impressed by the design and robustness. Personally i can't think of a more simple and elegant solution to support our folding rear "magic table".

On the wheel to well clearance... mine looks nearly identical to Brian's photo with the new 185's ,( plus a bit of fiberglass missing!

I would still pick a PL even with all this craziness going on. The form got me over function. LOL !

Cheers,
Thom
Archive: Parkliner #35 build thread
accrete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 08:46 AM   #74

Quality control lacking.... A bit ironic, this is the first thing that cpaharley2008 reported back to the forum here. Way back when these just came out and we were asking for anyone who had seen one up close yet. In any event, Frank, thanks for sharing all your information with everyone.
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 09:09 AM   #75

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
It was noted on the prototype brought to a rally in Tennessee I think in 2012 and Cameron explained that these "rough" edges and that it just came off the assembly line and that some of my concerns I mentioned and pointed out would be eliminated in later production. The wires were a rats nest, not bundled and attached out of the way, water lines were not straight and neat but went straight thru empty storage areas. I pointed out that Parkliner could double the storage if it merely took the time to neaten up the wiring and plumbing installations. The propane line was not properly attached, the batteries were not wired in parallel properly. The 12v switch was exposed in shower, on and on the list went. I did see some improvements in some of the pictures posted later.
Old 08-30-2013, 09:25 AM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
It was noted on the prototype brought to a rally in Tennessee I think in 2012 and Cameron explained that these "rough" edges and that it just came off the assembly line and that some of my concerns I mentioned and pointed out would be eliminated in later production. The wires were a rats nest, not bundled and attached out of the way, water lines were not straight and neat but went straight thru empty storage areas. I pointed out that Parkliner could double the storage if it merely took the time to neaten up the wiring and plumbing installations. The propane line was not properly attached, the batteries were not wired in parallel properly. The 12v switch was exposed in shower, on and on the list went. I did see some improvements in some of the pictures posted later.
We all have our areas of genius. Chandler's seems to be overall design. Yours seems to be systems organization and packaging. I see a second career on your horizon.
Old 08-30-2013, 09:34 AM   #77

New York
We're in oscillation mode....
Old 08-30-2013, 11:26 AM   #78

Name: Keith
Trailer: Not yet
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_a View Post
We're in oscillation mode....
LOL I am right there with you.
Casita, Snoozy, Scamp…. Snoozy, Scamp, Casita… Scamp, Casita, Snoozy… and on and on.
Flharleycop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 11:28 AM   #79

New York
It's a bit easier for us, as our intent (if we buy new) is to buy from a place that is relatively close! Casita and Scamp are not. And we want at least a queen size bed. Casita offers a king in one of their models, but we don't like the layout. So
Snoozy or ParkLiner?

Frank
Old 08-30-2013, 12:16 PM   #80

New Jersey
Registry
Well any trailer that Iwas buying new I would go over it with a fine tooth comb taking photos if something was done half assed and make them fix it properly or they don't get paid the balance. ParkLiner is far from being the only company that has quality control issues...

Tags
parkliner