Headed to visit Parkliner - Page 6 - Fiberglass RV

Old 08-29-2013, 07:53 PM   #71

Name: Kinga DeRode
Trailer: For Sale Or Rent
Rooms to Let 50 Cents
Quote:
Originally Posted by deryk View Post
...and unfortunatly everywhere you go, quality control seems to be mostly lacking. My mom bought back in 1988 a nice new Oldsmobile 88, was their top model with all the gizmo's...well had it a day went with my dad for a daytrip to the delaware water gap. She lowered her window and it fell off the track and almost out of the car......... .
I think I see your point, but 1988 was a quarter century ago. That is a whole career span for many people.

Old 08-29-2013, 08:04 PM   #72

Name: Glenn ( second 'n' is silent )
Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B '08 RAV4 SPORT V6
British Columbia
There would be next to nothing on the web if it weren't for anecdotal evidence.

Old 08-29-2013, 08:40 PM   #73

Name: Thom
Trailer: Chevy AWD Van Conversion
Astoria Oregon
Registry
Frank thanks for sharing and being bold and courageous!

One note on the rear table and the 2"x4"... i was actually quite impressed by the design and robustness. Personally i can't think of a more simple and elegant solution to support our folding rear "magic table".

On the wheel to well clearance... mine looks nearly identical to Brian's photo with the new 185's ,( plus a bit of fiberglass missing!

I would still pick a PL even with all this craziness going on. The form got me over function. LOL !

Cheers,
Thom
Archive: Parkliner #35 build thread
accrete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 09:46 AM   #74

Name: Ken
Trailer: No Trailer Yet
US
Quality control lacking.... A bit ironic, this is the first thing that cpaharley2008 reported back to the forum here. Way back when these just came out and we were asking for anyone who had seen one up close yet. In any event, Frank, thanks for sharing all your information with everyone.
Old 08-30-2013, 10:09 AM   #75

Name: jim
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape19 Prairie Schooner pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
It was noted on the prototype brought to a rally in Tennessee I think in 2012 and Cameron explained that these "rough" edges and that it just came off the assembly line and that some of my concerns I mentioned and pointed out would be eliminated in later production. The wires were a rats nest, not bundled and attached out of the way, water lines were not straight and neat but went straight thru empty storage areas. I pointed out that Parkliner could double the storage if it merely took the time to neaten up the wiring and plumbing installations. The propane line was not properly attached, the batteries were not wired in parallel properly. The 12v switch was exposed in shower, on and on the list went. I did see some improvements in some of the pictures posted later.
Old 08-30-2013, 10:25 AM   #76

Name: Kinga DeRode
Trailer: For Sale Or Rent
Rooms to Let 50 Cents
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
It was noted on the prototype brought to a rally in Tennessee I think in 2012 and Cameron explained that these "rough" edges and that it just came off the assembly line and that some of my concerns I mentioned and pointed out would be eliminated in later production. The wires were a rats nest, not bundled and attached out of the way, water lines were not straight and neat but went straight thru empty storage areas. I pointed out that Parkliner could double the storage if it merely took the time to neaten up the wiring and plumbing installations. The propane line was not properly attached, the batteries were not wired in parallel properly. The 12v switch was exposed in shower, on and on the list went. I did see some improvements in some of the pictures posted later.
We all have our areas of genius. Chandler's seems to be overall design. Yours seems to be systems organization and packaging. I see a second career on your horizon.
Old 08-30-2013, 10:34 AM   #77

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
We're in oscillation mode....
Old 08-30-2013, 12:26 PM   #78

Name: Keith
Trailer: Not yet
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_a View Post
We're in oscillation mode....
LOL I am right there with you.
Casita, Snoozy, Scamp…. Snoozy, Scamp, Casita… Scamp, Casita, Snoozy… and on and on.
Old 08-30-2013, 12:28 PM   #79

New York
It's a bit easier for us, as our intent (if we buy new) is to buy from a place that is relatively close! Casita and Scamp are not. And we want at least a queen size bed. Casita offers a king in one of their models, but we don't like the layout. So
Snoozy or ParkLiner?

Frank
Old 08-30-2013, 01:16 PM   #80

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
Well any trailer that Iwas buying new I would go over it with a fine tooth comb taking photos if something was done half assed and make them fix it properly or they don't get paid the balance. ParkLiner is far from being the only company that has quality control issues...

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 01:35 PM   #81

New York
Just for grins & giggles, we're gonna run 10 miles south today and check out a new Livin Lite 13QBB at Boat N RV Warehouse...

Frank
Old 08-30-2013, 02:31 PM   #82

Name: Herschel
Trailer: Casita
Arkansas
Registry
Quote:
Just for grins & giggles, we're gonna run 10 miles south today and check out a new Livin Lite 13QBB at Boat N RV Warehouse...

Frank
here is a link Camplite 13QBB Gallery | Livin' Lite RV
Old 08-30-2013, 02:35 PM   #83

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMA & Pachyderm Posse View Post
Thanks! Already checked that page out. Thought it was cool the 2nd pic shows it being towed with a tug that looks just like the Outback we have up for sale. The Escape we just bought has lots more power. I still think I'd rather have an egg, but these folks are literally just down the road, nice thought if ya needed warranty work.

Frank
Old 08-30-2013, 02:46 PM   #84

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2017 Escape 21
Oswego, NY
Registry
Quote:
Only problem there is Escapes are made in western Canada. That's a long, long ways away.

Frank
Hey, picking one up makes the start of a great trip! 2011 Cross Country Trip.

Seriously, there are quite a few scattered around the east and it has been a wonderful trailer. I've shown my 17B a number of times. While not everyone has posted a location, here is the Owner's Map.

Jon Vermilye is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
parkliner