Headed to visit Parkliner - Page 6 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-15-2013, 12:57 PM   #101

Name: Betty Lou
Trailer: Ready to purchase.
Delaware
Heading to Parkliner

Hi everyone! We (two sisters from Del) are newbie. Prior to this post I have been researching by reading some of your wonderful posts...for which we thank you.Last week we sold and parted with our beloved 25' Sunline.So glad she went to a great hm.After reading several posts and reality of NC being 7 hrs drive vs other fib glass mfg we are heading down to check out Parkliner this Fri 20. As others have mentioned we too have had challenges of getting in touch w/ anyone at PL. We appreciate that they are a bussiness going through growing pains so are trying to be patient and supportive of them.Very best to each of you and again heartfelt thanks from two sisters who still have a lot to learn. Realize now since the sale of our beloved Sunline we now need to learn the language of 'Eggs' and the political correctness so not to offend any of you eggceptional folks that make this such a great and informative website. Betty Lou and Bev
BL Chiffons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 01:08 PM   #102

Name: Keith
Trailer: Not yet
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by BL Chiffons View Post
Hi everyone! We (two sisters from Del) are newbie. Prior to this post I have been researching by reading some of your wonderful posts...for which we thank you.Last week we sold and parted with our beloved 25' Sunline.So glad she went to a great hm.After reading several posts and reality of NC being 7 hrs drive vs other fib glass mfg we are heading down to check out Parkliner this Fri 20. As others have mentioned we too have had challenges of getting in touch w/ anyone at PL. We appreciate that they are a bussiness going through growing pains so are trying to be patient and supportive of them.Very best to each of you and again heartfelt thanks from two sisters who still have a lot to learn. Realize now since the sale of our beloved Sunline we now need to learn the language of 'Eggs' and the political correctness so not to offend any of you eggceptional folks that make this such a great and informative website. Betty Lou and Bev
On my way back from the Parkliner factory I was near Columbia on I26 and stumbled onto another fiberglass egg maker Lil Snoozy. Since your making such an effort to check your purchase out I would recommend you checking out Lil Snoozy also. I have visited Casita in Tx, Scamp in Mn. Parkliner in NC and Lil Snoozy in SC. I haven’t made it out to see the Escape in Az in person but that could happen. Anyway I had seen the Snoozy and was not considering it initially, but after my visit and actually seeing one in person it is very high on my list.
Flharleycop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 01:45 PM   #103

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
Lil Snoozy doesn't have electric brakes or propane stuff. While we loved the trailer, we want electric brakes and propane! On the other hand, Lil Snoozy is perfect for TV's that only have a 4 pole flat connector.

Frank
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 02:45 PM   #104

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2013 Lil Snoozy #161 (SOLD)/2010 Tacoma
NE Oklahoma
They will fix a person up with electric brakes and plumb for propane
and solar if requested. They just won't hook up the propane. You'd
have to do that yourself or have a propane tech do it.
carlkeigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 06:08 PM   #105

Name: Marky
Trailer: Casita
Texas
I just wanted to thank you Flharleycop. My wife just retired and I'll retire in a few years. We are also looking at getting a FGRV we just don't know which one. Your posts have been very helpful in our decision. We're leaning towards the 16" Scamp layout 6 because of the its weight and its hitch weight. We have a sticky for now but we are going to sell it when we decide which FGRV were going to get. I'll let you know what we decide on when we do. Thanks again.
MarkyVasquez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 07:18 PM   #106

Delaware
Hi Flharleycop thanks for menti
Old 09-15-2013, 07:52 PM   #107

Delaware
Heading to Parkliner

Hi Flharleycop thank you for mentioning Lil Snoozy in SC not certain if time will permit to check out lil Snoozy factory at this time. Really do appreciate everyone's input and feedback. Certainly want to make a well informed decision. My sister and I are not in a position nor equipped to make changes or repairs so really see the value of what others share prior to our purchase. Did see a 13' Scamp while camping in our Sunline. The owners were very nice and let us eowwww and ahhhhh over their adorable Scamp but we end up over at our campsite for appetizers b/c we all couldn't fit in the Scamp. Do like the layout that PL offers. Had not heard of Lil'Snoozy until visiting this forum. Actually had a deposit on a new R-Pod non fg TT but did not purchase b/c when we turned on roof mounted a/c it literally sounded like a rocket engine. So disappointed a/c so loud and with further inspection noticed places where trim was coming off already. Also considered A-framed folding by A-liner. It's our opinion that a fg rv will suit our needs fine. Just didn't think deciding on which fg rv to purchase would be such a challenge. Again thank you everyone for your willingness to share your knowledge and experiences. I know Two Sisters in Delaware who can't thank you enough! BL and Bev
Old 09-15-2013, 08:05 PM   #108

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2013 Lil Snoozy #161 (SOLD)/2010 Tacoma
NE Oklahoma
Here's you a photo tour of the Snoozy Two Sisters in Delaware.

Backyard Photo Shoot

They also have a (2) twin beds version.

And some factory shots:
http://lilsnoozyclub-com.webs.com/ap...bumid=14183253

You're right, making a FG decision can be really challenging.
I think most of us have had each brand at the top of the list
until we finally settle on one.

And, to the Forum.
carlkeigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 08:50 PM   #109

Florida
I go back and forth, I had some of the same concerns as you both mention BL and Mark, one I would like to avoid roof mounted AC, no real good reason except hight and airflow. That is what drew me to the 16 Casita over the 17 or the Scamp 16. Then the bed was also a concern, that puts me back at a 17 Casita with roof air or a 16 deluxe scamp (larger bed than standards) I like the side dinette in both forms. Then the weight is also an issue for me so the 17 Casita is getting a bit close. Then the Parkliner came up and it has the real queen bed and no roof AC, would be perfect but I didn’t get a warm and fuzzy with the organization of the company itself (they are new and still working through start up issues). Then I bumped into the Snoozy which other than being electric only seems to be leading my pack right now (queen bed, no roof ac, light). But I still like the Scamp for the reasons stated and the 16 Casita (just not the bed size in the side dinette). Good luck in your hunt and keep us posted and maybe soon I will get off the fence and into a camper.
Old 09-15-2013, 10:37 PM   #110

Name: Dale
Trailer: 2010 EggCamper; 2002 Highlander 3.0L; 2017 Escape 21'; 2016 F-150 5.0L Fx4
Colorado
Betty Lou and Bev, While you're looking, don't overlook the EggCamper (made in Grandville, MI). The layout is almost identical to a ParkLiner but stretched out two more feet to 17 feet (which we appreciate). There is a whole separate chat room on the FiberglassRV Forum for the EggCamper with owner photos. Some say the finished fiberglass white interior looks sterile, but we say it's bright inside, super easy to clean and wide open to decorate any way we want (what doesn't go with white?). The carpet pulls up easily to take out for quick cleaning (convenient for those of us with dogs). We bought our EggCamper used, and it's still new to us, but we're loving every inch of it so far. So as long as you're still looking, check it out. BTW, isn't it great that everyone loves the fiberglass RV they have and recommends theirs to every one else?! It's all good! Just get something soon and start enjoying! Dale
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 08:36 AM   #111

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Eagle View Post
Betty Lou and Bev, While you're looking, don't overlook the EggCamper (made in Grandville, MI). The layout is almost identical to a ParkLiner but stretched out two more feet to 17 feet (which we appreciate). There is a whole separate chat room on the FiberglassRV Forum for the EggCamper with owner photos. Some say the finished fiberglass white interior looks sterile, but we say it's bright inside, super easy to clean and wide open to decorate any way we want (what doesn't go with white?). The carpet pulls up easily to take out for quick cleaning (convenient for those of us with dogs). We bought our EggCamper used, and it's still new to us, but we're loving every inch of it so far. So as long as you're still looking, check it out. BTW, isn't it great that everyone loves the fiberglass RV they have and recommends theirs to every one else?! It's all good! Just get something soon and start enjoying! Dale
War Eagle,
Is the Egg all electric like the Lil Snoozy? If so how has that been for you?
Old 09-16-2013, 11:04 AM   #112

Trailer: 2010 EggCamper; 2002 Highlander 3.0L; 2017 Escape 21'; 2016 F-150 5.0L Fx4
Colorado
Keith - Yes, our EggCamper is all electric, and at this point we're happy that way. I should add that the original owner upped the on-board electrical capacity considerably for boondocking by adding two more deep cycle batteries (three batteries total wired in parallel) powering a 1000W AC inverter (mounted over the sink) in order for them to run a couple medical devices through the night. So we have plenty of on-board auxilliary battery power. As for no propane, My wife and I both grew up in cold climates and enjoy cooler weather, and now we're in Alabama, so we're more worried about keeping our A/C running to stay cool than we are worried about staying warm. Although we haven't used it yet, the little built-in heater acts like it will put out a ton of heat, and I've heard others say a little ceramic heater with a fan will keep a small egg toasty warm. So we're more likely to just throw on a jacket and another blanket on the bed or just stay home if the weather is predicted to get really cold. As for eating, as long as we have the little frig plus a good ice chest and the microwave, we're good for breakfast and lunch. For dinner, we'd prefer to grill outside if the weather is nice or fall back on the microwave and eat a light dinner if not. Again, if the weather looks like it's going to keep us inside the camper, we'll just stay home and wait for better weather. So at least for now, we're perfectly happy not having to mess with propane - inside or outside the camper. Dale
Old 09-16-2013, 11:23 AM   #113

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
wareagle,
(Your Three batteries total wired in parallel), do you use the stock converter that came from the factory to charge these or an aftermarket one? In general, when the battery bank is low, how long to charge them back up? Thanks.
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 12:04 PM   #114

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Eagle View Post
Keith - Yes, our EggCamper is all electric, and at this point we're happy that way. I should add that the original owner upped the on-board electrical capacity considerably for boondocking by adding two more deep cycle batteries (three batteries total wired in parallel) powering a 1000W AC inverter (mounted over the sink) in order for them to run a couple medical devices through the night. So we have plenty of on-board auxilliary battery power. As for no propane, My wife and I both grew up in cold climates and enjoy cooler weather, and now we're in Alabama, so we're more worried about keeping our A/C running to stay cool than we are worried about staying warm. Although we haven't used it yet, the little built-in heater acts like it will put out a ton of heat, and I've heard others say a little ceramic heater with a fan will keep a small egg toasty warm. So we're more likely to just throw on a jacket and another blanket on the bed or just stay home if the weather is predicted to get really cold. As for eating, as long as we have the little frig plus a good ice chest and the microwave, we're good for breakfast and lunch. For dinner, we'd prefer to grill outside if the weather is nice or fall back on the microwave and eat a light dinner if not. Again, if the weather looks like it's going to keep us inside the camper, we'll just stay home and wait for better weather. So at least for now, we're perfectly happy not having to mess with propane - inside or outside the camper. Dale
Yea, we had a pop up and never cooked inside the only time we used the gas was to head the shower so that can be done on electric. We always cooked on a portable grill outside or ate something like PPJ anyway. Thanks for the info.
Old 09-16-2013, 06:34 PM   #115

Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
I was in a Snoozy that they had upgraded the AC to, I believe, a 12,000 btu wall unit. I was surprised and pleased with its low sound volume. It seemed much quieter than the 5,000 btu wall AC in my KZ.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 06:47 PM   #116

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
I thought I wouldn't be cooking inside either and low and behold I've made many tasty meals inside lol. I guess anything too greasy I will cook outside on my rocket stove.

I don't regret buying a generator...for the maybe 5 notes this summer that I used it to sleep. Iget aabout 9 hours on 1.6 gallons of gas well worth it. During the day I don't mind the heat and humidity but want it comfortable to sleep. The 5000 but in the ParkLiner doesn't make it an icebox....but takes away the humidity to make it comfortable.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 07:49 PM   #117

Name: Marky
Trailer: Casita
Texas
We are looking for exactly the same things Flharleycop. We want the side dinett so we can leave the bed made. We also want propane because on a rainy day or if you don't feel like starting a fire outside we can cook inside.
We also want a minimum full size bed. When we're out hiking or bike riding we want to come home and get a full nights rest. We don't want to take turns sleeping on our side or sleep head to feet. I know that Scamp has now improved their 13 ft to include a full size bed in the fiberglass or standard interior. I'm just waiting for them to do the same to the 16 ft.
We looked at the Casita Liberty but we don't like the idea of having to squat around the table when getting out of bed. We can take the table down but if one of us get up early and puts it up we run into the problem of squatting around the bed. We could turn it into twin beds but we would end up with 20 inch beds.
48 inch beds were ok 30 years ago but things change. If you look at the new kids on the block they all have big beds. I just don't understand why Casita and Scamp haven't caught on. I have yet to talk to someone that says they wish they made them with smaller beds. We want to go to a smaller TV and trailer.
MarkyVasquez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 09:08 PM   #118

Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken C View Post
wareagle,
(Your Three batteries total wired in parallel), do you use the stock converter that came from the factory to charge these or an aftermarket one? In general, when the battery bank is low, how long to charge them back up? Thanks.
Ken, there is no stock DC to AC inverter on our EggCamper. Ours was added aftermarket by the original owner. However, there is a stock AC to DC battery charger located under the false floor of the closet for charging the deep cycle battery(ies) when you're plugged into 110V shore power. But back to your question, we don't know because we haven't tested the system yet. As I mentioned, the original owner added the two additional deep cycle batteries in parallel along with the primary batter and the 1000W DC to AC inverter connected by dedicated boat grade 4 gauge tinned electrical leads (see attached photos) primarily to power a couple needed medical apparatuses through the night when boondocking. He pulled with a trailer-prepped Hyundai Santa Fe (4 cylinder!) which I believe he said had a 130 amp alternator. They used the EggCamper more like a travel trailer - drive a few hours, sightseeing, drive a few more hours, stop for the night, then on the road again the next day. He said the 2-4 hour stretches of driving through the day was enough for the Sante Fe's alternator to fully charge the batteries for the evening. Interestingly, they also used the DC to AC inverter to power a crockpot in the trailer while they were driving. His wife would put whatever she wanted to cook in the crockpot, set the crockpot down inside the sink, plug it into the inverter and turn it on just as they were hitting the road. Once they got going, the Sante Fe's alternator basically powered the inverter and crockpot. When they stopped, they'd have a hot meal ready to eat in the crockpot, and the bank of batteries would still be fully charged to take them through the night. Again, we haven't tested it out yet, but that's what they told us, and I have no reason to doubt them. Dale
Attached Thumbnails
DSC03686.jpg   DSC03681.jpg  

Old 09-16-2013, 09:24 PM   #119

Colorado
Ken, I should have mentioned in the top photo of the previous post - that's an Ultra-Fab electric tongue jack the original owner also installed to help lift the extra weight of the batteries on the tongue. Since we don't really need a third battery for now, I removed the blue top battery to lighten the tongue weight, but even with all three batteries on board, our 2002 Highlander with towing package holds up just fine to the additional tongue weight. Also, I may have misunderstood your original question a bit, but yes, the factory on-board battery charger does just fine charging all three batteries connected in parallel from shore power - according to the original owner. Dale
Old 09-16-2013, 10:27 PM   #120

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyVasquez View Post
We are looking for exactly the same things Flharleycop. We want the side dinett so we can leave the bed made. We also want propane because on a rainy day or if you don't feel like starting a fire outside we can cook inside.
We also want a minimum full size bed. When we're out hiking or bike riding we want to come home and get a full nights rest. We don't want to take turns sleeping on our side or sleep head to feet. I know that Scamp has now improved their 13 ft to include a full size bed in the fiberglass or standard interior. I'm just waiting for them to do the same to the 16 ft.
We looked at the Casita Liberty but we don't like the idea of having to squat around the table when getting out of bed. We can take the table down but if one of us get up early and puts it up we run into the problem of squatting around the bed. We could turn it into twin beds but we would end up with 20 inch beds.
48 inch beds were ok 30 years ago but things change. If you look at the new kids on the block they all have big beds. I just don't understand why Casita and Scamp haven't caught on. I have yet to talk to someone that says they wish they made them with smaller beds. We want to go to a smaller TV and trailer.
Look at the Scamp 16 with the wood package, the bed is larger than the standard and bigger than the Casita. Its not a full queen like the LS, PL or Escape but its larger. When I visited Scamp the sales guy had me sit in one, it was nice and the bed was larger I just don’t know if you can find it in the pamphlet yet and the wood is a bit heavier and more costly.

Tags
parkliner