Height restrictions? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-18-2015, 03:42 PM   #1

Name: Jerry
Trailer: in the market-due diligence
Washington
Height restrictions?

Is there a manufacture(s) that builds a FGRV with interior height dimension for a person >6'-6" (1.98m)? Most seen are 6' to 6'-4" not accounting for any ceiling HVAC details.
Jerry Cavens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 03:59 PM   #2

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Cavens View Post
Is there a manufacture(s) that builds a FGRV with interior height dimension for a person >6'-6" (1.98m)? Most seen are 6' to 6'-4" not accounting for any ceiling HVAC details.
Long before you got to be 6'6" tall you started to learn to cope with an ill fitting world. This looks like one of those times once again, like when you learned that the recliner on sale would only fit a child!
What car do you drive?
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 04:00 PM   #3

Name: jim
Trailer: Escape 21 Nov.2016
Florida
Registry
interior height

Parkliner 6ft 5 in

Lil Snoozy 6 ft 4 in
jennykatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 05:26 PM   #4

Name: Jason
Trailer: 2007 Eggcamper & Homemade Tear Drop
New York
Registry
Eggcamper-----6' 7"
LIGHTWEIGHT FIBERGLASS TRAVEL TRAILER
Old 12-18-2015, 07:48 PM   #5

Name: Eric
Trailer: Scamp 13
Michigan
Eggcamper is 6'7"
Escape 5th wheel is 6'4" to 7' because of the sloped ceiling.
Escape 19' and 21' are both 6'5".

Good luck with the search.
ericw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 02:21 AM   #6

Name: Thomas
Trailer: 22' Home Built
Ohio
Registry
The Oliver Legacy Elite2 is listed as 6'6".
OhTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 04:12 AM   #7
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
Like many specifications provided by manufacturers, it's always best to see for yourself. While a it may be 6' 3" somewhere, it may be only 5' 9" where you would want to stand. Raz
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 04:53 AM   #8

Name: Peter
Trailer: G30 Elite Class C
British Columbia
Can you work with FG if you can then why not

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Cavens View Post
: Do what Okanagon and some others did by cutting a section of the roof in the centre or walkway area build it up and form it properly so there is no wind resistance, Make it strong enough to support a AC unit or cut out for 3speed F/R fan. Once you have that all done if you cannot do it hire someone to do it but make sure this is a unit u can live with forever.
Remember to do the yearly mtnce. so that it lasts for ever.
Stude
stude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 07:45 AM   #9

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
Escape 5.0TA - Interior height is 6'-5" to 7'.
The Escape 5.0TA

Their 19 and 21 are 6'-5".
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 09:16 PM   #10

Trailer: Y2K6 Bigfoot 25 ft (25B25RQ) & Y2K3 Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
I'm 6'5" tall, usually 6'6" in shoes. I've had several Scamps, a Burro, two Bigfoot trailers and several other molded fiberglass trailers. What I've found over the years is that the ceiling height isn't nearly as important as the bed length. The last trailer I had was a Bigfoot 25RQ. I replaced the 76" mattress with an 80" full-length queen. You don't spend that much time standing in a trailer. You spend a LOT of time sleeping in one.
Roger H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 07:12 AM   #11

Name: Jason
Trailer: 2007 Eggcamper & Homemade Tear Drop
New York
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger H View Post
I'm 6'5" tall, usually 6'6" in shoes. I've had several Scamps, a Burro, two Bigfoot trailers and several other molded fiberglass trailers. What I've found over the years is that the ceiling height isn't nearly as important as the bed length. The last trailer I had was a Bigfoot 25RQ. I replaced the 76" mattress with an 80" full-length queen. You don't spend that much time standing in a trailer. You spend a LOT of time sleeping in one.

I agree on the bed length but not with the interior height. I'm 6' 6" and I really in joy being able too stand up straight in my eggcamper I had a Uhaul and after 3days of rain it got old having to slouch all the time. The main reason I bought a eggcamper was the height and width. It is a lot nicer having the extra space being a big guy! 😀👍🏼

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
Old 12-23-2015, 03:27 PM   #12

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Eggcamper / Chevy S-10
Registry
My 21' Escape is advertised as 6'5" but it really measures a bit less than that, and the AC brings that down a LOT more - and the AC is right in the middle of the kitchen area where I am most prone to bang into it. We used to have an EggCamper and I really miss the 6'7" of headroom, (plus the AC was mounted in the wall, not the ceiling). The EggCamper also had a side-to-side bed that gave over seven feet of length for sleeping. The Escape bed does have plenty of length for me, (I'm a bit over 6'4"); and the open area at the foot of the bed could be utilized for those who need even more.

I'm another one who doesn't enjoy having to hunch over while standing in the camper, but I enjoy the other advantages of the 21' Escape so much that I wouldn't go back to anything smaller.
Ray N is offline   Reply With Quote