Hello! Anyone in the Minneapolis area want to rent us their rig for a week in August? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-19-2017, 04:18 PM   #1

Name: Clay and Cait
Trailer: Escape 5.0
Florida
Hello! Anyone in the Minneapolis area want to rent us their rig for a week in August?

Clearly, I'm getting desperate here!

We are full-time RVers in our Escape 5.0, currently up north and working our way west. My awesome, wonderful parents are flying into Minneapolis on August 5th to hang out with us for a week, and we are so excited to introduce them to the full-timing lifestyle as they're getting close to retirement and are looking to do the same.

Four people in our Escape, however, is going to be tight, so I've been looking at camping alternative accommodations for them. The problem? It's prime camping season and I am struggling to find an affordable option within 2 hours of Minneapolis for them to enjoy camping with us. I've tried those cute little one room cabins that some campsites/state parks have - no dice. I've also tried finding RV rentals and I am shocked at the $200/night ballpark rental fees that most are charging, and that's not including the campsite fees!

So I thought before I give up and book them a hotel, I'd reach out here and see if anyone was interested in renting our their camper to us for August 5th-12th. If you're interested, send me a message!

For you Minneapolis locals, I'm also all ears to campground suggestions and activities. There is a lot of last-minute scrambling here to plan out the week!

Mods, if this post isn't allowed, my apologies. Feel free to delete.

Thanks tons,
Caitlin
TwoplusLu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 06:08 PM   #2

Name: Sandra
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13' Std.
Minnesota
Minneapolis camping

Three Rivers parks (suburban Hennepin county) looks like they a few campsites available for 7 nights from 8/5. Elm Creek near Maple Grove even has camper cabin #1 for a few nights (starting on Sunday - not the weekend).

https://www.threeriversparks.org/activity/camping

Editing to add other county campsites in the Twin Cities:
Washington - https://www.co.washington.mn.us/1820/Camping
Anoka - https://www.anokacounty.us/811/Camping
raster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 06:21 PM   #3

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
There are two KOA's near Minneapolis that have cabins, did you try them?
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 06:34 PM   #4

Name: Neto
Trailer: Scamp
Virginia
We have stayed in the KOA Cabins and they are Great. Better than a Hotel/Motel and better than the camper.
Neto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 07:55 PM   #5

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
We do a rally twice a year at the KOA in Brattleboro Vermont, they have cabins and a couple permanently set travel trailers that they rent. Don't know if any other KOA's do the trailer rental thing.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 09:26 AM   #6

Name: Clay and Cait
Trailer: Escape 5.0
Florida
Thank you all for these great suggestions. KOAs are both full, unfortunately, and I just called about the Elm Creek Cabin and we wouldn't be able to bring our RV to that location Man, I didn't expect this to be so difficult!
TwoplusLu is offline   Reply With Quote