Hello everyone, I've returned from the Philippines - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-09-2012, 05:51 PM   #1

Name: Nick
Trailer: OutdoorsRV
Texas
Hello everyone, I've returned from the Philippines

I've been back for a wee bit but have been busy with a variety of things since I returned. Don't know how many (if any) will remember me but that's unimportant. What's important is that I now start my quest for my home all over again.

Before leaving last September I was considering a Lil Snoozy and a Scamp. Have been busy reading about the Lil Snoozy and am still intrigued. I'm still liking the Scamp as well (though I had to disqualify the 5er due to my rail height on my truck). But, I've also been looking at the ParkLiner as well and I'm really liking what I see there. So I need to take a trip I guess. My problem is that I'm soon heading West and won't be back out this way for some time and all 3 mfrs are out this way.

As I was reading I came across the Lance topic. I've since been out looking at those and I must say I like what I see. No their not FG but if I'm going to be living and traveling in it FT I'm thinking that 1685 with winterizing is the cats meow. Oh the decisions to be made.

Glad to be back with my feet firmly planted in the United States and also ready to get settled into a little home and start doing some full time traveling. After all the time in the Philippines anything I live in is luxury and beyond comfortable.

So the quest begins again.

Cheers.

Oh I wish you already had your Snoozy Bill since I'm right here in Mt Lebanon practically in your back yard. Would love to see it. Alas, I won't be here in April.

Nick
Rvicsvol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 06:47 PM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Hi Nick welcome back.. we left the light on for you! Whether you purchase a sticky or a molded trailer, I feel confident you'll make the right decision for YOU. We know, molded isn't for everyone just as a sticky isn't for everyone. Hang around, check out what's happened while you've been gone.

Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 07:12 PM   #3

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler and 1987 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Registry
Welcome back Nick! I hope you had a productive time in the Philippines.
Old 03-09-2012, 08:09 PM   #4

Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
We are glad to see you back, safe and well. I hope you can get around to the factories to look at your top FG egg candidates, and compare them to what you saw in the Lance. Each brand and each floorplan have their advantages and disadvantages. Get as much info as you need.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 09:53 PM   #5

Trailer: Aliner
Hi, Nick. Hope your time in the Philippines went well. Welcome back.

You've done enough studying on the different trailers that I feel confident that whatever you choose will be the right one for you.

Looking forward to hearing which one you finally decide on!
Sharon G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 09:25 AM   #6

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape
Michigan
Since you're heading west you could stop in Grandville, Michigan at the Egg Camper factory. It's a fairly open floor plan so you don't get the closed in feeling. A bit taller and wider inside. Quite a wide aisle. Good luck with your search for the right trailer.
rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 09:59 AM   #7

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Nick, I have had an "EggCamper" and now own a "Lance" so any questions, feel free to p/m me.
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 10:08 AM   #8

Name: Bill
Trailer: Lil Snoozy / Jeep Cherokee
Pennsylvania
Registry
PITTSBURGH SNOOZY
You did not mention when you would be returning to PGH, but you are welcome to stop by on your return. I am close by in Sewickley. I will return from SC with my Lil Snoozy on April 7 and will be home periodically through the summer when I'm not traveling.
Happy Travels!
Bill in Pittsburgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 01:33 PM   #9

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill in Pittsburgh View Post
PITTSBURGH SNOOZY
You did not mention when you would be returning to PGH, but you are welcome to stop by on your return. I am close by in Sewickley. I will return from SC with my Lil Snoozy on April 7 and will be home periodically through the summer when I'm not traveling.
Happy Travels!
I probably won't be back in Pittsburgh for at least a year. My son lives here. If I'm still here around that time I'd certainly be interested in seeing your Lil Snoozy. Will save me a trip down especially since I have little time available. I'm planning to leave the first week of April and no later than April 10th. It might work out. I touch base as it gets closer one way or another. Thank you.
Old 03-10-2012, 01:37 PM   #10

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Nick, I have had an "EggCamper" and now own a "Lance" so any questions, feel free to p/m me.
I will do that. I did read your posts here on the Lance which actually got me interested in it. Since I intent to full time I like the idea of a little more room and especially that it's a 4 season trailer. I don't know that I'd still want to be in the northern parts of our country in the winter time but this winter wouldn't have been bad. At least here in Pittsburgh it was pretty mild.

I haven't actually set eyes on the real thing yet. I was planning on a trip by the factory on the way west or after I get there.

Thanks and you may just hear from me over the next 2-3 weeks.
Old 03-10-2012, 01:39 PM   #11

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrugg View Post
Since you're heading west you could stop in Grandville, Michigan at the Egg Camper factory. It's a fairly open floor plan so you don't get the closed in feeling. A bit taller and wider inside. Quite a wide aisle. Good luck with your search for the right trailer.
I don't know at this point whether I'll be taking the northern route or angle down 70/44/40 and across. I'll eventually wind up in Oregon but my son/grand daughters are in California. Thanks for the heads up though.
Old 03-10-2012, 01:41 PM   #12

Texas
Thank you all for the welcome back. I hope to get to the factories here on the east side of our country but time is very limited before I need to head west. I might have to settle for just attending a campout (perhaps in Oregon) as an alternative. I know I won't see a Lil Snoozy or ParkLiner there but others will be.
Old 03-10-2012, 03:02 PM   #13

With Lance of course you don't have to go to the factory, as they have dealers. There's one in West Virginia, for example.
Old 03-10-2012, 03:48 PM   #14

Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
Registry
welcome back, nick! good luck on your search. keep us in the loop.
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 07:09 PM   #15

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Magee View Post
With Lance of course you don't have to go to the factory, as they have dealers. There's one in West Virginia, for example.
Yes I understand that. But I'll be returning to the West coast in just a few weeks and will pass within a short distance of the factory so I might as well take a swing by and get the tour. Thanks.
Old 03-10-2012, 07:10 PM   #16

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by theresa p View Post
welcome back, nick! good luck on your search. keep us in the loop.
Thank you. I will
Old 03-10-2012, 07:14 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikljones View Post
Yes I understand that. But I'll be returning to the West coast in just a few weeks and will pass within a short distance of the factory so I might as well take a swing by and get the tour. Thanks.
Well, it doesn't get any better than that! Happy shopping.