Hello, New here/ Two Trillium companies? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-23-2007, 07:25 PM   #1

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Bath (full of kids!)
Hello Everyone,
We have been reading the Fiberglass list for a few days since getting home from our first trip in a 13' Boler.
We borrowed it from my brother and had a nice trip to Montana from Oregon. It was sure fun to see that with a van and a small trailer we had plenty of room for two adults and four kids.
Now were hooked and looking for a trailer of our own.
We missed a great one in Canada that Brenda (Vintage RV) pointed me towards and looked at another that was a bit too much of a project for us. I think we will just take our time looking and learning with the goal of making it to Bandon next year.

As I have been searching the net I have been learning a bunch.
One tid bit is that the Burro trailers will soon be produced again. The molds and equipment are being licenced to another company. No word on when or who.

Also, I stumbled onto two different Trillium companies. I though there was only one.
www.trilliumrv.com
www.trilliumtrailers.com

The Trilliumrv people sure have a nice sink/stove one piece unit.

Click image for larger version

Name:	KramerOpen.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	9697

Does anyone know what brand these sink/stoves are? Can they be purchased online?

Thanks for making such a great list! It looks like a fun group of people here.

Best regards,
Nolan
Nolan Scheid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 08:04 PM   #2

Trailer: Burro 17 ft Widebody
Registry
Nolan:

Welcome to the Forum!

If that turns out to happen (about the Burro) maybe we should give you credit for the scoop. Eggciting news it would be!
Per Walthinsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 08:12 PM   #3

Trailer: Bigfoot 25 ft / Dodge 3500HD 4X4 Jake Brake
This company (www.trilliumrv.com) in California is a dealer of the Canadian company
Bigfoot Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 08:14 PM   #4

Quote:
Nolan:

Welcome to the Forum!

If that turns out to happen (about the Burro) maybe we should give you credit for the scoop. Eggciting news it would be!
Thanks Per.
I would accept a pat on the back since it took some real digging to find. I finally tracked down the guy listed for the Burro site with a whois search and contacted him. He was being less than helpful about sharing details of what is upcoming other than someone has been licenced to carry on with the molds. If I find out more I will share the details.

I was actually more excited to find the second Trillium company with the classic Trill molds. That is really neat that these rigs have such staying power.

Take care,
Nolan
Old 08-23-2007, 08:20 PM   #5

Quote:
This company (www.trilliumrv.com) in California is a dealer of the Canadian company
Hi Mike,
TrilliumRV lookes like it is doing the clasic trill.
http://www.trilliumrv.com/models.htm
These guys also say thier new plant will announce this month:
http://www.trilliumrv.com/contactus.htm

While the other one in Canada is marketing their Outback. Are you sure they are the same?
http://www.trilliumtrailers.com/outback.php

Regards,
Nolan
Old 08-24-2007, 06:08 AM   #6

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
While the other one in Canada is marketing their Outback. Are you sure they are the same?
Welcome to FiberglassRV Nolan. From what we understand the guy in California is buying stripped brand new Trilliums from Canada and outfitting in the U.S. Success is in the eye of the beholder.

We've heard the same info about Burro... a couple of times. Don't hold your breath if you're waiting to purchase a new one. But it's an exciting idea anyway and who knows what the future can bring.

Since you're in Oregon, be sure to check out this link for a gathering occurring just south of Portland in October. Come on up for a visit!
Northern Oregon Gathering - Fall Event

Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 06:45 AM   #7

Name: Brenda
Trailer: 1974 Boler 1300
British Columbia
Welcome to the forum Nolan!

This is the place to be. All these good folks are a wealth of knowledge and guidance. We'll all be celebrating when you get your egg.

Brenda Novakovski
Saskatoon, SK
Brenda Novakovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 09:11 AM   #8

Quote:
Welcome to FiberglassRV Nolan. From what we understand the guy in California is buying stripped brand new Trilliums from Canada and outfitting in the U.S. Success is in the eye of the beholder.

We've heard the same info about Burro... a couple of times. Don't hold your breath if you're waiting to purchase a new one. But it's an exciting idea anyway and who knows what the future can bring.

Since you're in Oregon, be sure to check out this link for a gathering occurring just south of Portland in October. Come on up for a visit!
Northern Oregon Gathering - Fall Event

Good morning Donna.
Thanks for the heads up about the oregon gathering. It would be fun to connect faces to teh names I have been seeing on the list. We might just stop by and say hello.
Can you give me a guess on how many kids/families will be there? Last night we watched some Utube videos of other egg gatheringas and didn't see any kids in the vids.
We are a rowdy bunch that likes splashing in water and making smores over camp fires.

October might be a little late for the splashing part.

All my best ,
Nolan
Old 08-24-2007, 09:15 AM   #9

Quote:
Welcome to the forum Nolan!

This is the place to be. All these good folks are a wealth of knowledge and guidance. We'll all be celebrating when you get your egg.

Brenda Novakovski
Saskatoon, SK
Thank you for all the help Brenda, both on and off the list.
Our whole family is looking forward to the adventure. I'll keep you posted as we move forward.

Take care,
Nolan
Old 08-24-2007, 10:27 AM   #10

Trailer: Boler 1984
Welcome to the site.
If you think that you're hooked now then just waite until you've picked up your own trailer. You won't be able to keep from doing "projects", "updating", and "remodelling".
Almost as much enjoyment as going out there".
Jim
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 02:32 PM   #11

Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
While there is some sort of initial cooperative arrangement between the two companies, they are certainly distinct businesses; the California people are not simply a dealership for the Calgary product. The California people say their early units will be built by the Calgary company, but they are not identical, and I have seen no indication of any plan for a long-term association.

The Team Trillium Trailers (Calgary) site makes no mention of the California company, but that site has not been updated for years.

The California site has provided various descriptions of the production arrangement... see their About Us page, and note that they barely acknowledge the existence of the Calgary company, and generally declare themselves to be the "real" Trillium. Like Boler, "Trillium" has become essentially a design pattern, used by many manufacturers; I think that who is the "real" Trillium is a question for trademark lawyers.

The cool kitchen appliance appears to be a Dometic. I've never seen it in the Dometic USA product lists, but a similar model does appear main Dometic RV site, under "cookers" as the Combination CE01-Kombi840-DF-HI-2G. That one doesn't have the faucet, like the one in the Trillium photo.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 06:59 AM   #12

Quote:
Can you give me a guess on how many kids/families will be there?
Sorry Nolan, I can't. But looking at the list of attendees... Unless Sharon brings her two boys and I bring my daughter, I'm thinking there's a chance "zero kids." But bring yours and come anyway It will give you the best opportunity to not only meet a bunch of very nice people, but to view in person a bunch of different brands of trailers. Which is always helpful if you're looking to make a purchase.

As far as Champoeg Park, there's lots and lots of places for kids to ride bikes... hey, wait I'm an adult and I'm taking my bike
Old 08-25-2007, 10:29 AM   #13

Quote:
The cool kitchen appliance appears to be a Dometic. I've never seen it in the Dometic USA product lists, but a similar model does appear main Dometic RV site, under "cookers" as the Combination CE01-Kombi840-DF-HI-2G. That one doesn't have the faucet, like the one in the Trillium photo.
Thanks Brian,
Your clues helped me find this store on Ebay:
http://stores.ebay.com/Nordmobil_W0QQcolZ4...3QQftidZ2QQtZkm
They sell several different versions of sink/burner combinations. I like the two burner model better than the 3. I can't imagine a time that we would would ever use 3 burners at the same time.

Take care,
Nolan
Old 08-25-2007, 03:52 PM   #14

Trailer: none as yet
The California company is being started up by a former VP of the original Trillium. He happened to find out about the Canadian company. The California company is not, repeat not a dealer for the Canadian company. They both have copies of the original Trillium molds. The California company will be manufacturing basically the same trailer as the original except with updated appliances and other items. Manufacture will start in October in Sacramento, CA. I got no information that the first units made in California will be made by the company in Canada; they will be made from the original Trillium molds as I said. I have talked with Tom, the head of the California company and also exchanged emails with him. He is very nice and very knowledgable. The phone number is listed on their web page, the http://www.trilliumrv.com. Also, I sent an email to the Canadian company requesting a brochure; so far have received nothing. There were some questions on other forums as to whether the Canadian company is still in business. I gues I could phone them, but I didn't. I am planning on getting one of the new California Trilliums as soon as they are available.
Dorothy
Dorothy McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 04:55 PM   #15

For more information, read this topic: Outback vs Trillium. Especially the posting by Carl O., he has some interesting information from Tom Young... who also is a member of this forum: Tom Young Profile

You'll find Tom's topic where he is asking for information here: Trillium Owners near San Francisco, Looking for Owners of 1300 or 4500

In his post Tom says:
Quote:
The Outback & Trillium trailers will be different, [b]but share the same body. We are entering into a joint marketing/manufacturing agreement.
Now is everyone totally confused
Old 08-26-2007, 02:42 PM   #16

Quote:
He happened to find out about the Canadian company.
If I were about to manufacture a trailer, I think I would make a point of "finding out" about the competition... especially when there are only a handful of companies, and one is building the same product. How serious is this new business?

Quote:
I got no information that the first units made in California will be made by the company in Canada; they will be made from the original Trillium molds as I said.
That information was directly from the Trillium RV (California) web site. They said the first units would be made (presumably moulded) in Calgary and finished in California. Changing plans and miscommunication, perhaps? I suspect that Trillium RV either doesn't really have a set of moulds, or they just can't use them yet because their factory is not ready, and getting unfinished shells from Calgary was (and maybe is no longer) the solution.

Quote:
There were some questions on other forums as to whether the Canadian company is still in business.
As of a few weeks ago, Outback trailers were in stock in the Edmonton area dealerships and members of a different forum were discussing the level of service from this company. I suspect that they're still around, but not good at answering e-mail - we know that they have not been updating their web site, while at the same time making lots of trailers.
Old 08-27-2007, 10:39 AM   #17

Quote:
There were some questions on other forums as to whether the Canadian company is still in business.
... and the answer has recently been posted in a related thread. They're alive and have just moved their facility.

(Just information for those not following the other thread and still interested in the Outback)
Old 08-27-2007, 02:01 PM   #18

Trailer: none as yet
Quote:
... and the answer has recently been posted in a related thread. They're alive and have just moved their facility.
I read the other post. I'm glad to hear that the Outback is still being manufactured. I would be tempted to get one; however, Canada is a lot further away from me than Sacramento, CA. As i said in an earlier post, of all the "egg" or "teardrop" lightweight trailers that I investigaged on the web, I liked the Outback best until I found the CA Trillium company. I am planning to get one, also as I said befoe, as soon as they are available and I hope it is soon.
Dorothy
Dorothy McKay is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trillium