Help!! Found one! Need advice! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-17-2010, 09:54 PM   #1

Trailer: 2007 Casita Spirit Deluxe
Okay, I'm trying to be calm and rational - I was cruising the Casita Club for sale forum and saw an ad for a 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe for 11,500. It's listed by Tom Ryan and has been posted since November 7. Asked if it was still for sale and he said it was. Now, I can only go up to 10,000. So first of all, when I go to the Casita web site, it doesn't show me the difference between a 16 ft and a 17 ft (unless I'm not doing something right) so what is the difference?
Does it have bunk beds and full bath? Second, is 11,500 a fair price? Third, do I offer without seeing it?

joy
joy mccalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 10:17 PM   #2

Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2001 Casita Spirit Deluxe (I'm down to 2!)
Quote:
Okay, I'm trying to be calm and rational - I was cruising the Casita Club for sale forum and saw an ad for a 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe for 11,500. It's listed by Tom Ryan and has been posted since November 7. Asked if it was still for sale and he said it was. Now, I can only go up to 10,000. So first of all, when I go to the Casita web site, it doesn't show me the difference between a 16 ft and a 17 ft (unless I'm not doing something right) so what is the difference?
Does it have bunk beds and full bath? Second, is 11,500 a fair price? Third, do I offer without seeing it?

joy
Joy
Breathe........

It looks like it is 17'SD which means it is the taller one,has a standard RV door and screen and the layout has the Side Dinette which turns into a single bed and of course the Table that makes the Full size bed in the rear.

It looks nice to me.
If you want to talk about it I would be happy to if you want to PM me your number?
I don't really think we should talk publicly about the value of another members rig if you know what I mean.

Ed
Ed Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 11:21 PM   #3

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Ok, Joy, Breath! LOL...

I am gonna go try and check out the ad, then I will come back and comment.
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 12:17 AM   #4

Ok, Joy you probably have seen this but want to make sure you remember to copy it, and work your buy from it.
Buyers Check list

From what I am seeing it looks like a good price, but also it never hurts to make an offer. My one question is why it's been for sale for so long? I get that the economy has something to do with slower sales, but still makes me wonder especially since it's in a beautiful winter weather state. (call me a skeptic) I just say be careful and find out exactly what your buying.

From the pics it looks like a great trailer, but I would have the seller send more pics, of things like the bathroom, the underside, all sides of the outside, the roof, etc etc etc. The seller needs to understand you are driving a distance and you want to know exactly what your buying before you ever drive out the drive way.

Here's a link to the schematic for the 16 and 17 footers, just click on either length and it will show you the difference.
Schematic for 16 and 17 ft Casita Spirit Delx

I did find something that said some Spirit Delx can have bunks but I am thinking it's a option so I would say you will need to ask the seller if he had that option. Which I doubt cause if I remember right the his Ad said standard and then gave the options the trailer had added. But again, ask him.

Joy, how far are you from FL? I wonder if he would be willing to meet you part way?

OK, hopefully others will jump in with their recommendations, hints, on what to look for when buying.

Calm down, I know your heart is racing. Its a great feeling, But please don't send money to anyone, till you are sure you are finding the perfect trailer. I personally wouldn't send any one money, but I know there are others that have so it's up to you. I have gotten burned tooooooooo many times, I got to see what I am buying with my own two eyes . Just me, You are gonna do what is comfortable for you but just want to throw out a word of caution.

All caution aside, I want to say Whoo Hoo ! Keep us up on how the purchase is going.
Old 01-18-2010, 12:43 AM   #5

Trailer: 2007 Casita Spirit Deluxe
I'm gonna back off - worried about the price and was wondering too why it has been on market so long. Just doesn't feel right - gonna keep looking. Will keep y'all posted...

Thanks!

joy
joy mccalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 07:46 PM   #6

Trailer: 2010 17 ft Escape B ('Cafe Egg')
Registry
Hi Joy,

Holding off sounds like a wise condition if it does not feel right! The right egg will come!
Gerda, H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 08:38 PM   #7

Don't hold off on my account, just arm yourself with questions for the seller and from the sellers response, pictures then you make your decision. And actually it's best to make the decision once you see it for yourself but that can't always happen. Or if a "kind" forum member in the area of the seller wouldn't mind going and taking a look and giving you their opinion. That would be super helpful. Before you put a ton of time into something that is not the perfect trailer for you. Let us know what you decide.

Joy, sorry I didn't get your Pm about the ball size till tonight. hope all went well.
Old 01-19-2010, 05:44 PM   #8

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
I always make this cautionary statement, Joy, when people are looking at trailers and asking lots of questions. It is kind of a situation where "You snooze, you loose." While one guy was asking questions of people on this forum about our UHaul when it was posted on ebay, I slipped in and paid the "Buy It Now" price. And, while it took around 1500 dollars to fix up as we like it, we would not give it up for anything now.

CindyL