Help me day dream about our next camper - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-18-2018, 11:35 PM   #21

Name: Mike
Trailer: Escape 21 & Jeep GC 5.7 (Previous 2012 Casita FD17 & 2010 Audi Q5)
Puget Sound, WA
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
Deceptive sales people are not unusual.
I still contend that you have to start somewhere, and that is dry weight. And, buyers need to inform themselves or they'll find themselves towing 17-foot Casitas with a Honda Element.
Good gracious Glenn! If we let consumers get educated and make rational decisions, you'll ruin the world economy! Only impulse buying and a constant stream of ill-informed decisions to purchase completely unnecessary things stand between where we are now and a massive global recession!

Civilguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 11:45 PM   #22

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Old 07-19-2018, 05:31 AM   #23

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
Quote:
And, buyers need to inform themselves or they'll find themselves towing 17-foot Casitas with a Honda Element.
How about pulling an Escape 19?

OK, I use the Element to just park our Escape in our backyard. Hooked it up in a parking lot next door just for laughs. You can see our regular TV in the background.

Escape 19 Behind Element by wrk101, on Flickr
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 08:52 AM   #24

Name: Dave
Trailer: Scamp
Colorado
You guys win I give up...
the_fixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 10:23 AM   #25

Name: Howard and Kim
Trailer: Escape 17B:former Scamp 13
California
We went from the 13' Scamp with the big bed to the 17' Escape. On paper the bed dimensions are the same, but we were pleasantly surprised at how much bigger the bed is in the Escape. The corners of the trailer aren't rounded like the Scamp so the person in the back has the full length of the bed. It makes all the difference. We love it!
hrewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 10:26 AM   #26

Trailer: 17 ft Burro Widebody / 2007 Ford Ranger
How about a Burro wide body? That width makes a much longer bed. Ours, which is a 17-foot and yes, for sale, has a 54-inch bed in the back. There's a good five inches beyond the end of our mattress. We've never used that as a dinette. Instead, our front dinette can also be put down easily and has cushions to make it into a couch. We've travelled as long as six months in it, quite happily. To make some of the storage easier (under the bed, for instance) hubby added outside hatches to make access much easier. We've had 14 years of joy in it but time to get a bit bigger since neither hubby nor I can really get down on our knees (and get back up!) anymore.
Ian-Vicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 11:22 AM   #27
Commercial Member

Name: Mike
Trailer: Boler13/trillium4500/buro13
Ontario
Quote:
I have no interest in putting my trailer together every time I head out or stop at a campground or in moving modules in and out of the trailer at camp. Had enough of that with a tent trailer.
I don’t think Gilda was referring the HC1 for you . Unless you see one in person you may have to rethink how the HC1 works. While you may think it is idifacult to move things in and out, some find the space in a 13 foot trailer difficult to deal with fixed cabinetry and closets that you are hauling everywhere and never using.Most HC 1 owners also find the way they will typically use the trailer and keep it that way until they may have a different use or amount of people using it and then have the option to change accordingly.
Mikmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 04:46 PM   #28

Name: Kathleen (Kai: ai as in wait)
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16 1973 "Peanut"
Greater Seattle Metropolitan Area, Washington
Registry

"Deceptive sales people are not unusual.
I still contend that you have to start somewhere, and that is dry weight. And, buyers need to inform themselves or they'll find themselves towing 17-foot Casitas with a Honda Element. Glenn Baglo"

Um...do you mean "trying" to tow 17-foot Casitas with a Honda Element?

BEST
Kai
Old 07-20-2018, 09:24 AM   #29

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrewer View Post
We went from the 13' Scamp with the big bed to the 17' Escape. On paper the bed dimensions are the same, but we were pleasantly surprised at how much bigger the bed is in the Escape. The corners of the trailer aren't rounded like the Scamp so the person in the back has the full length of the bed. It makes all the difference. We love it!
As you say... the "carton" is never as rounded as the "egg".
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 09:59 AM   #30

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
I know Alf (Escape Artist) pulled first an Escape 5.0 and then an Escape 5.0TA with his Frontier for 10 years. But like any vehicle, it's how a 'particular' vehicle is built. Just saying 'Frontier' isn't enough. What is the payload of YOUR particular 'Frontier.' That would be the deciding factor, if its even possible.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 09:08 AM   #31

Colorado
Donna,

The specs posted in my first post are specific to our truck, match the manual and sticker on the door.
Old 07-24-2018, 10:47 PM   #32

Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot Deluxe B19 19 ft / 2007 Nissan Frontier V6 NISMO 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_fixer View Post
Donna,

The specs posted in my first post are specific to our truck, match the manual and sticker on the door.
Have you considered a Bigfoot B19? I tow mine easily with my 2007 Nissan 4x4 Frontier, which because of the Bilstein shocks has just a 6,100 lb. tow rating. I posted mods done after purchase which made the bed much wider... Of course, they're harder to find, but I love mine. [emoji4]
V'sGlassSleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 11:50 AM   #33

Colorado
Thanks it looks like we could make that work and they seem to be decently priced so bonus there.

It is just the wife and I so if we were to get one I think we would just frame the bed in permanently and used the couch for sitting.