Help me learn - Page 8 - Fiberglass RV


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-06-2017, 12:46 PM   #99
Senior Member
 
Name: bob
Trailer: 1984 u-haul ct13; 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Posts: 4,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushin View Post
Another question. Its crazy that these little solar panel on the roof! had no idea. Do they even work? I am sure efficiently on these is like 5%. Is it even doing anything? is there an easy way to upgrade it?
The original solar panel was only intended to maintain a charge and prevent the battery from sulfating when the trailers sat on the rental lots. Some people have installed larger and more efficient panels and controllers. I removed ours to fix a leak in the roof seam, never put it back.
__________________

__________________
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 12:52 PM   #100
Senior Member
 
Jon in AZ's Avatar
 
Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 Std
Arizona
Posts: 5,216
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary and bob View Post
Is it Dexter that has the adjustable spindle arms, or a separate company that sells under the Flexride name and is actually the Universal Group company. The Flex Ride spindle arms mount on a spline so the ride height can be adjusted.
I thought it was part of Dexter but could certainly be wrong. I didn't look it up. Either way, it is worth consideration as an alternative to a traditional, non-adjustable torsion axle.
__________________

__________________
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 01:13 PM   #101
Member
 
Name: Taras
Trailer: Currently shopping for Burro, scamp or casita
Colorado
Posts: 50
called a local place to see cost on axle replacement with dexter and it sounds like $1000 is what it would cost. Not too bad. I guess we will see how bouncy this thing will actually be when on the road. I bet par of it is low tire pressure and the case that it was totally empty.

BTW, why does this thing have a garden hose water hook up? The only thing in here is a fresh water tank that is operated with a hand pump.
__________________
Rushin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 01:23 PM   #102
Senior Member
 
Jon in AZ's Avatar
 
Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 Std
Arizona
Posts: 5,216
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushin View Post
...BTW, why does this thing have a garden hose water hook up? The only thing in here is a fresh water tank that is operated with a hand pump.
Sounds like the sink drain. In the old days you attached a short piece of garden hose and ran it into a bucket. Poured it on the ground when full. In these environmentally enlightened days it's considered better to run it into a closed, vented container with a fitting on both ends (some places require it). There are also different rules about what to do with the grey water when it's full. Best to ask.
__________________
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 01:39 PM   #103
Member
 
Name: Taras
Trailer: Currently shopping for Burro, scamp or casita
Colorado
Posts: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon in AZ View Post
Sounds like the sink drain. In the old days you attached a short piece of garden hose and ran it into a bucket. Poured it on the ground when full. In these environmentally enlightened days it's considered better to run it into a closed, vented container with a fitting on both ends (some places require it). There are also different rules about what to do with the grey water when it's full. Best to ask.
I am talking about the city water hookup next to the electrical plug.
__________________
Rushin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 01:44 PM   #104
Senior Member
 
Jon in AZ's Avatar
 
Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 Std
Arizona
Posts: 5,216
Registry
Then I'm stymied. In my Scamp the city water hook-up connects to a separate cold-water-only faucet next to the sink. If it's not that, another U-Haul owner will have to chime in, or you can try to trace where it goes inside the trailer.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Scampy Faucets.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	317.1 KB
ID:	107052
__________________
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 02:03 PM   #105
Senior Member
 
Glenn Baglo's Avatar
 
Name: Glenn
Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B '08 RAV4 SPORT V6
British Columbia
Posts: 4,188
Pictures help.
__________________
What happens to the hole when the cheese is gone?
- Bertolt Brecht
Glenn Baglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 02:18 PM   #106
Member
 
Name: Taras
Trailer: Currently shopping for Burro, scamp or casita
Colorado
Posts: 50
Here is what i got.
Attached Thumbnails
uhaul city water.JPG  
__________________
Rushin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 03:01 PM   #107
Senior Member
 
likeair2me's Avatar
 
Name: KAY
Trailer: 1981 SCAMP 13
Missouri
Posts: 364
Registry
Best of both worlds

You have the capacity to fill from a source, into a fresh water holding tank (right), or connect to a city water source (left). Some sites and locations do not have water hookups. Some only have hose bibs scattered around the campsites. You are good either way. This puts you in a good place for when you are in an electric outlet only site. You can always fill before you get set up.
I don't yet have this capability in my camper, but will be setting up to do so very soon.
__________________
likeair2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 03:09 PM   #108
Member
 
Name: Taras
Trailer: Currently shopping for Burro, scamp or casita
Colorado
Posts: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by likeair2me View Post
You have the capacity to fill from a source, into a fresh water holding tank (right), or connect to a city water source (left). Some sites and locations do not have water hookups. Some only have hose bibs scattered around the campsites. You are good either way. This puts you in a good place for when you are in an electric outlet only site. You can always fill before you get set up.
I don't yet have this capability in my camper, but will be setting up to do so very soon.
So when connected to city water do i still need to pump the handle on the faucet?
__________________
Rushin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 03:13 PM   #109
Senior Member
 
likeair2me's Avatar
 
Name: KAY
Trailer: 1981 SCAMP 13
Missouri
Posts: 364
Registry
You should have city water pressure doing that work for you.
__________________
likeair2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 03:15 PM   #110
Member
 
Name: Taras
Trailer: Currently shopping for Burro, scamp or casita
Colorado
Posts: 50
so would i just pull up on the faucet and the water would flow?
__________________
Rushin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 03:21 PM   #111
Senior Member
 
likeair2me's Avatar
 
Name: KAY
Trailer: 1981 SCAMP 13
Missouri
Posts: 364
Registry
Yes the pressure should be sufficient. You will need a proper hose. Camco TastePURE Drinking Water Hose
Shown for reference, not as an endorsement.....

Sure, you drank out of the hose off of your house and didn't die, but you will want to make sure your hoses aren't contributing to your early demise. Use a good hose to fill the tank and for regular service. If the camper has a filter in the line, go ahead and change it too. Who knows what kind of bacteria might have set up camp in there.
__________________
likeair2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 03:23 PM   #112
Member
 
Name: Taras
Trailer: Currently shopping for Burro, scamp or casita
Colorado
Posts: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by likeair2me View Post
Yes the pressure should be sufficient. You will need a proper hose. Camco TastePURE Drinking Water Hose
Shown for reference, not as an endorsement.....

Sure, you drank out of the hose off of your house and didn't die, but you will want to make sure your hoses aren't contributing to your early demise. Use a good hose to fill the tank and for regular service. If the camper has a filter in the line, go ahead and change it too. Who knows what kind of bacteria might have set up camp in there.
Yeah.... i dont think i will be drinking out of that lol. Closest this water will get to being inside of me is to may wash my mouth when brushing teeth. But most likely not lol.
__________________

__________________
Rushin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Here to learn and help Runt Trailers Hi, I am.... 0 03-19-2014 10:23 AM
16 Things That It Took Me Over 50 Years To Learn: Benita Jokes, Stories & Tall Tales 1 12-04-2005 12:44 PM
What did you learn by this hacking Chester Taje General Chat 18 11-17-2005 09:34 AM
Learn more about Dexter axles Legacy Posts Care and Feeding of Molded Fiberglass Trailers 1 11-11-2002 09:30 AM
I have to LEARN to use my brake controller??? General Chat 0 12-31-1969 07:00 PM

» Upcoming Events
No events scheduled in
the next 465 days.
» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.