Help me learn - Page 9 - Fiberglass RV

Old 06-06-2017, 03:24 PM   #113

Name: KAY
Trailer: 1981 SCAMP 13
Missouri
Registry
The best thing you can do for yourself is to learn all the quirks of your camper. Chase those hoses and electrical lines. They are probably exposed for the most part. Older campers have a history of modifications without documentation.

Old 06-06-2017, 04:01 PM   #114

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 Std
Arizona
Registry
I had to do some checking on this one. I found this statement in another forum: "A common water pump in many Popups is the manual pump but if you push down on it it will run the city water but if you pump it pumps the water." There was also a mention of two-way pumps in this thread: Hand pumps anyone?. I learned something!

Looks like U-Haul may use one of that type, but I'm still hoping for a U-Haul owner to clarify how the U-Haul hand pump works. Looking at your photos and other CT13s it looks like yours is OEM or an identical replacement.

You will want two devices between your city water connection and whatever comes out of the spigot at a campground: (1) a pressure regulator, so you don't damage lines and fittings with too-high pressure, and (2) as mentioned, a filter, mostly so you don't get sediment in your plumbing.

Old 06-06-2017, 04:49 PM   #115

Name: Floyd
Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
IllAnnoy
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrifty bill View Post
Forgot to mention, Scamp and Casita both have a gazillion rivets which can be leak sources
Common myth, greatly exaggerated!
Old 06-06-2017, 05:40 PM   #116

Name: bob
Trailer: 1984 u-haul ct13; 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
We removed the water tank, faucet, and all lines from our Uhaul so can't comment on just how it works. Those old water tanks can get nasty inside so we decided we didn't want it. However we do like the plumbing in our Casita, city water, hot and cold faucets, and flush toilet.