Help me learn - Page 4 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-31-2017, 10:27 AM   #61

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushin View Post
Can you please elaborate a bit more on this? Not sure what you talking about.

Thanks!
Weiscraft makes molded fiberglass trailers in Colorado. Little Joe is one of their models. They're really small, but well-made.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 11:14 AM   #62

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Help me learn

Quote:
Originally Posted by madjack View Post
...the whole thing seems like the tajmahal to us...for goodness sake, INDOOR PLUMBING...
Um... Isn't the Taj Mahal a tomb? Why on earth would it require indoor plumbing?
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 11:26 AM   #63

Name: Taras
Trailer: Currently shopping for Burro, scamp or casita
Colorado
Yeah i just looked at the Little joe campers. Pretty close to where i live. Might take a look at them.
Rushin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 09:14 AM   #64

Colorado
Hey Guys. So we are pretty close to buying the U-haul the neighbor is selling. I negotiated with him but he wont go lower than $5500. The camper is in a pretty good shape over all but by no means its in a great shape. The wood inside the door for the hinges is rotten and will need to be replaced. there was some previous damage in the front right corner that was fixed and it looks fine.

The fridge/ice box is missing but it all wired for a 3way and had a vent for it.

Do you guys thing its worth $5500?
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20170604_193000.jpg   IMG_20170604_193104.jpg  

IMG_20170604_193055.jpg   IMG_20170604_193034.jpg  

Old 06-05-2017, 09:30 AM   #65

Name: KAY
Trailer: SCAMP
Missouri
Registry
Take yourself down the checklist and think about your skills in repair or willingness to pay someone else to do them.

The Fiberglass RV Community
likeair2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 09:53 AM   #66

Colorado
Its more of just seeing what these things worth. Wiring has been redone with all new components, inverter, battery and LED lighting. Furnace works and there is a new thermostat. The only issue is the door is falling off. It has a new and a really nice ceiling fan.
Old 06-05-2017, 09:54 AM   #67

Colorado
floor is totally solid. Frame is solid as well. Windows are in a good shape. Stove needs to be painted but works.
Old 06-05-2017, 11:54 AM   #68

Colorado
Checked the floor very carefully and it looks good. No bad spots at all. The table is fine.
Old 06-05-2017, 12:28 PM   #69
JBB

Name: Jan
Trailer: 2017 Lil Snoozy
South Carolina
Has your neighbor listed this for sale or is he just stating a price because you asked him if he would consider selling it? If he's in no hurry to sell and you can go to a rally or 2, I would look there. Many times owners will sell their campers during these gatherings because they're wanting to buy a newer unit. Deals can be found this way!
JBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 12:40 PM   #70

Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBB View Post
Has your neighbor listed this for sale or is he just stating a price because you asked him if he would consider selling it? If he's in no hurry to sell and you can go to a rally or 2, I would look there. Many times owners will sell their campers during these gatherings because they're wanting to buy a newer unit. Deals can be found this way!
He has not listed it yet. We want to get one sooner than later. We dont want to spend all summer shopping and not camping.
Old 06-05-2017, 12:44 PM   #71

Trailer: 1985 13 ft U-Haul
price

Taras Responding to the question "is it worth it" . I think the question could be rephrased as follows .... Are we likely to find a trailer in better condition, with a lower price tag and as conveniently located as this one. You may indeed find a better price but it could be 900 miles away ( I have driven as far as 2000 miles one way to get a trailer that I really, really wanted ). I suggest you weigh all the variables and then proceed as to your judgement. Lee
Lee Senn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 01:03 PM   #72

Name: Jack
Trailer: 2015 Casita 17FD
Rapides Parish La.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon in AZ View Post
Um... Isn't the Taj Mahal a tomb? Why on earth would it require indoor plumbing?
...the Taj Mahal may be a tomb BUT, the tajmahal is simply LARGE....as to why you would want indoor plumbing in a tomb, think about it...if you are dead and having to use the facilities, do you really want to go out where there are possums, coons and vultures??? You might not come back with all the "parts"you started with
madjack
madjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 01:04 PM   #73

Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Senn View Post
Taras Responding to the question "is it worth it" . I think the question could be rephrased as follows .... Are we likely to find a trailer in better condition, with a lower price tag and as conveniently located as this one. You may indeed find a better price but it could be 900 miles away ( I have driven as far as 2000 miles one way to get a trailer that I really, really wanted ). I suggest you weigh all the variables and then proceed as to your judgement. Lee
Lee, good point. I am not willing to drive far to get a trailer that might be crap anyway. At least i can inspect this one and go through it with a fine tooth comb.
Only really worried about the door.
Old 06-05-2017, 01:21 PM   #74
JBB

Name: Jan
Trailer: 2017 Lil Snoozy
South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushin View Post
He has not listed it yet. We want to get one sooner than later. We dont want to spend all summer shopping and not camping.
Sometimes it's better to step back and take a deep breath and really sit down and look at all your options. We bought a type of teardrop 3 years ago new. It wasn't bad but we could see several things that were going to become issues as it aged. The manufacturer was producing these as fast as they could and taking short cuts in production. We sold it last year and ordered a Snoozy. But before ordering it, we did our homework knowing that when we decided what brand/model we were going to buy, there would a period of time when we couldn't camp with convenience! We said that we could always tent camp while we're waiting for our new camper!!!!!
JBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 01:28 PM   #75

Colorado
We have a similar thought. But our thought is get something that we can camp in right away that is not surprised expensive. And either work on ordering a Casita or Scamp. We just want something better than a tent and not a freaking rotten molded pile of a stick camper.
Old 06-05-2017, 02:39 PM   #76

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
We paid $2000 for our Uhaul about 5 years ago, it needed a lot of work. The 5500 price is about in line with what they are going for now for one that is ready to use. You really should join the Uhaul Facebook group and look through the files section. One topic in there is the common problems that most Uhauls may have. We have since bought a Casita 17 so the Uhaul gets less use, but we won't sell it. Taking it out this coming weekend. You'll probably have to cut some access holes to replace the door wood. You won't lose any money at resale if it remains in good condition.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 02:51 PM   #77

Colorado
Yeah we are thinking eventually 17' Casita is what we will get. They are about as much as Scamps but seem to have way more ground clearance and are built quicker.

There is a hole cut in the very bottom of the good already. So should not be too hard.
Old 06-05-2017, 02:59 PM   #78

Colorado
And i did sign up for the facebook page. but i dont think they approved me yet.
Old 06-05-2017, 04:12 PM   #79

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Might also want to consider the $$$ of a LP refer to your total costs.
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 04:23 PM   #80

Colorado
Does Casita do the referral as well?