Help right a wrong!!! - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 03-29-2003, 08:09 PM   #15

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Shame on that dealer for being so stupid

IF the dealer had taken the credit card number and NOT run it, then he might have gotten away with just a bad name for being unethical. However, he ran the card thereby proving that they had a deal. Once those credit card numbers were punched into the machine and the receipt was printed out, it was a deal. At the very least he should have had first right of refusal.

Hummmm. I wonder who closed out their credit card machine that night and reconciled it? They had to have something so that it balanced. I wonder what happend to that sheet of paper that had the word 'deposit' on it. Most certainly, they closed it out the night before....or else they would have voided the sale and not had to refund it.

Not very bright...not very bright at all.

Old 03-29-2003, 08:14 PM   #16

Mr. Eric

My best guess is that Mr. Eric might not have employment at Pat's Camper much longer. However, before he goes, I think that he should find David another Scamp equal to or better than the one that David put a deposit on. The price should be the same, $1999.

Mr. Eric...I think you'd better get real busy real fast.....these are very hard to come by.

Old 03-30-2003, 01:32 PM   #17

I would appreciate it if someone associated with this incident would keep us informed as to the progress, or lack there of, on this.
You never know, the dealer may realize he has a problem and step up to the plate like a gentleman. Or it may go the other way entirely.
Old 03-30-2003, 08:16 PM   #18

I just sent a nasty email to Pat's. Very poor business practices.
Old 04-01-2003, 07:13 PM   #19

right a wrong

I sent an e-mail to the dealer and the BBB this is the reply I got from the BBB:

We cannot accept third party complaints. Only the individual involved can
submit the complaint. Thank you for contacting the Better Business Bureau.

Eulondia Blakeman
Program Coordinator
Better Business Bureau
40 W. Fourth St., Ste. 1250
Dayton, OH 45402
(937) 222-1534, ext. 2012
E-mail: eblakeman@dayton.bbb.org
Web site: www.dayton.bbb.org

I have not as yet heard anything from the dealer.
Old 04-01-2003, 10:11 PM   #20

sorry every body for not responding quicker.my father is in very bad health and im helping my mother get to and from the hospital and work and staighten out my mom and dads cash problems.i appreciate all your responses and support.i called the dealership this morning and asked for the manager and was told he woulden be back to work til next tuesday.i figure talking to anybody else is a waste of my time. i have downloaded complant forms from the b.b.b. in dayton but im suppose to talk to the manager before you file complants.any way thats where im at on working on my problem.

thank you for your support david koertge
Old 04-01-2003, 10:24 PM   #21

Good luck, David. Do you have a friend who is a lawyer and could just call the manager up and say he was your lawyer and was checking out your complaint before anything was filed? This would put the fear of God in the guy and might do more good (and be more satisfying) than you calling the manager yourself. ;)

Again, good luck and I hope your father's health improves.
Nancy
Old 04-02-2003, 02:12 PM   #22

Similar happened to us - from a guy in Ohio. He had his mother call us to tell us he had sold it a couple hours before we would have left to pick it up. It's true, we weren't out any money, but it wasn't very nice or honest. We ended up buying a new one - and I'm glad we did.
Old 04-02-2003, 06:50 PM   #23

I got into a heated bidding war over a 79 Boler a few weeks ago. The dealer could have made 1700 over the asking price but declined because it had already been sold. Sold as in a deposit was placed on the trailer and he accepted it. Now there's integrity. Pat's Campers should be ashamed of themselves...
Old 04-02-2003, 07:05 PM   #24

Hi Eric
I have been following this thread with interest.I see a few folks have expressed there displeasure with Pats Sales.I think this is good.Now you report about about a good Dealer who stood by his principals.I think He should be Congradulated on his good principals and not forgotten about.Life is a two way street.
Its easy to complain and I think harder to say something good about some one.
Thanks for the feed back.:wave
Old 04-05-2003, 06:29 AM   #25

I think this is the same trailer that I had posted awhile back for sale. They claimed it was a 13 ft and I said it was a 16 ft. They were asking $2999 at that time. I'm unable to help right now do to the war and being there, but you should have up to a year to follow through with the court. Upon my return I will help as much as possible. As you can see I live in Dayton. I had posted picture, but it appears that this was deleted because of the time frame.
Old 04-05-2003, 06:55 AM   #26

Hi Steve
As a Ex Canadian Armed forces Guy My thoughts and prayers are with all of you.:wave
Old 04-25-2003, 09:20 AM   #27

Pat's Side

First off, the salesmen that was resposible for the deal was fired and is no longer employed at Pat's Camper Sales. The deposit was to be made on a credit card that was good for the full sale price. The customer was told that the card must be good up to the sale amount. The salesmen took the deposit on a card that was not able to hold the entire amount at that time.
jesse
Old 04-25-2003, 09:35 AM   #28

Jesse ... thanks for posting Pat's Camper's side.

But I have a question for you ... are you saying that if I buy a US$40,000 5th wheel ... or a $165,000 HR Bus ... and put the deposit on my credit card ... Pat's Camper Sales requires that my credit card limit be high enough to cover the entire purchase price?

That can't be true!