HELP! What do you call this stuff? - Fiberglass RV

Old 05-22-2009, 02:21 PM   #1

Name: Adrian
Trailer: Lance 1985~'Casita de Campo' ~23' 4"~Dinette Slide Previously: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette, Front Bath
New Mexico
Thumbs up

Help! Water is falling out of the sky! What do you call this stuff?

Yes! We are getting water which falls from the sky. In Southern New Mexico even. We have not seen it here in ages, months upon months. There is even noise in the sky with this stuff. Rumbling noise, over and over again.

Yes, we are happy campers (not even camping), it has been so long since we have had any of this stuff. I can not remember what the stuff was called.

We were in Tucson for a week, we woke up yesterday morning with noise of this water running off the roof and lots of water falling from the sky. We packed-up the car with this same water falling from the sky. We drove most of the way home with water falling from the sky. But after passing Deming, NM the water stopped coming. It had done that from time to time, but it always came back after a short time. I was able to use the windshield wipers to wipe water off the windshield instead of dust and water I'd sprayed onto it. But after a lot of water falling on us in the Deming area it stopped and did not come back.

However, water did start to fall during the night at home and it had noise in the sky with it. The noise came again this morning and water started to fall again. Can you believe that?

We are praying it will not stop for a little while (it has stopped now) and come back again before it goes away to hide. This water falling from the sky is such a treat. It makes the desert come to life and make the air smell so good. Wish I could remember what it is called.

2009 White Ford F-150 Reg. Cab Longbed ARE Topper
Adrian W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 02:34 PM   #2

Trailer: Casita
Quote:
Help! Water is falling out of the sky! What do you call this stuff?

Yes! We are getting water which falls from the sky. In Southern New Mexico even. We have not seen it here in ages, months upon months. There is even noise in the sky with this stuff. Rumbling noise, over and over again.

Yes, we are happy campers (not even camping), it has been so long since we have had any of this stuff. I can not remember what the stuff was called.

We were in Tucson for a week, we woke up yesterday morning with noise of this water running off the roof and lots of water falling from the sky. We packed-up the car with this same water falling from the sky. We drove most of the way home with water falling from the sky. But after passing Deming, NM the water stopped coming. It had done that from time to time, but it always came back after a short time. I was able to use the windshield wipers to wipe water off the windshield instead of dust and water I'd sprayed onto it. But after a lot of water falling on us in the Deming area it stopped and did not come back.

However, water did start to fall during the night at home and it had noise in the sky with it. The noise came again this morning and water started to fall again. Can you believe that?

We are praying it will not stop for a little while (it has stopped now) and come back again before it goes away to hide. This water falling from the sky is such a treat. It makes the desert come to life and make the air smell so good. Wish I could remember what it is called.
We southwesterners sniff too much dust sometimes.

Old 05-22-2009, 02:53 PM   #3

Name: Anne
Trailer: Escape 17 ft 2006 / 2005 Honda Pilot
Oregon
Registry
In Oregon, we call it 'liquid sunshine'
Anne H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 03:24 PM   #4

Trailer: 2008 19 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe 5th Wheel
Funny - when we live in southern Florida, which IS the Sunshine State, we KNEW is was liquid Sunshine.

Quote:
In Oregon, we call it 'liquid sunshine'
Old 05-22-2009, 03:38 PM   #5

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
We are having just the opposite problem up here today. There is a strange glow in the blue sky. Not sure what to call it since it has been so long in the PNW since we have seen it.

Dave
Old 05-22-2009, 06:58 PM   #6

Name: Ruth
Trailer: 2008 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe/'78 Trillium 1300
Arkansas
Registry
Funny! There must be something happening nationally with the weather. Here in Houston we normally have such thick humidity, a local weatherman calls it "Air You Can Wear," but for the past week it has been dry as a bone.

I feel naked.
Old 05-22-2009, 11:03 PM   #7

Name: Gina D.
Trailer: '77 Leocraft 17 & Former Burro owner and fan!
West Coast USA
Registry
Quote:
There is a strange glow in the blue sky. Not sure what to call it since it has been so long in the PNW since we have seen it.
Don't worry... that stuff surrounding the thing is just blue clouds...
Old 05-23-2009, 12:02 AM   #8

Name: Peter
Trailer: 2005 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Oregon
Registry
Life in the NorthWe(s)t

I looked up. The sky was blue. I looked down. The wine was red. I looked around. There must be a pink elephant somewhere, too.