hey, anybody seen an MPG fiberglass trailer for real? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 01-18-2011, 01:01 PM   #15
Name: Herschel AKA BAMA & Pachyderm Posse
Trailer: 2010 Casita LD 17 , tug 2015 Ram Hemi 5.7 395 hp 410 lbs T
there is a dealer here in van buren ,you can see them when you come to RIVER EGG RALLY

BAMA & Pachyderm Posse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 04:41 PM   #16
Name: Herb
Trailer: 2002 Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Looks like it could use a few more windows.

Herb Sutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 10:31 PM   #17
Trailer: 2008 Oliver Legacy Elite
Originally Posted by Cyndi B. View Post
No kidding. When we lived in Montana last winter our landlord owned the RV dealership. By then the Scamp was already on order and ready for pickup. We had no intention of buying one of those big things anyway but we let her gives us a tour. My husband stood in one and said he'd lived in smaller apartments.
In relative terms, I guess the MPG could be "big", (compared to a standard Boler 13 or Scamp 13), but it's also a tiny trailer, not much bigger than my Oliver, and quite likely smaller than your Scamp 19.

I just tried to give the op my first hand impressions from a brief visit to the MPG, in person, in the event that it could be helpful.

SherryNPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 09:20 AM   #18
Name: jim
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape19 Prairie Schooner pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
One of my observation in re: Heartland and the MPG is poor window placement and the use of slides to make the unit larger. A slide is a complicated piece of machinery considering putting a large hole in your wall and then trying to keep the elements out. In addition the slide involves the kitchen which means flexible joints on propane and plumbing hookups. Now we all know what happens inside our trailers while it is being towed, there is always something coming loose or needs tightening from fixed attachments. I would not want to imagine what happens to flexible attachments over time.
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 01:31 PM   #19
Name: Matt
Trailer: U-Haul VT16, Escape 19
I understand what you mean, Jim, but I think if one is buying a stickie with a somewhat limited life relative to our FG trailers, anyway, it might as well have a slide. It really does open up the floorplan.

The MPG I looked at had the slide opposite the kitchen. It pulled a big sofa back from a little buffet bar thing that made it sort of a tailgater's paradise.

It looked a little like the attached but it was a year ago so some stuff probably changed.
Attached Images
Planning our next Escape!
Matt in SV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 08:14 PM   #20
Trailer: 2008 Oliver Legacy Elite
I, too, am a bit dubious about slides, especially in small trailers. They do open up the space, but in some that I've toured at the shows, it's impossible, or extremely difficult,to get to the bathroom or the bed unless the slide is deployed.
One of the many nice things about our "slide-free" eggs is minimal maintenance, and easy setup. I consider the area under the awning to be our "easy maintenance" slide-out area. I slide out there and sit down... and enjoy the outdoors around me.
Of course, when it's inclement weather, a slide has certain appeal.
SherryNPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 08:35 PM   #21
Name: Terry
Trailer: 1996 Casita Freedom Deluxe 17 ft
I looked at most of the small trailers before I bought my used Casita. There's several dealers within a couple miles of me here West of Denver. To me, there's a basic problem with the teardrop shape in that it really cuts down on the amount of cabinet space. Even though we call ours eggs, they're actually quite a bit more rectangular and this opens up the sides and corners for storage. The other problem I seen with most of the R-Pods, MPG's, TAB's, etc. is that they always build in a lot of wood cabinetry that adds unnecessary weight. A fiberglass interior is much smarter. All these little teardrops seem to be heavier but have less space inside.

Terry G is offline   Reply With Quote