Hobbies on the road? - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-29-2007, 05:27 PM   #41

Trailer: Danzer (Cargo Trailer converted to camper)
I love to discover and photograph the work sites abandoned 120 years ago of the abandoned and never completed South Pennsylvania Railroad along the Pennsylvania Turnpike. I discovered office sites, incomplete fills incomplete cuts, quarries, culverts, letters, maps, and so much more. I give talks at historical societies and even give tours. 11 years I have done this and many more coming. Lord took wife home 02.15.07. I miss her so much!

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d64/spen...85/100_5960.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d64/spen...hott600x450.jpg
Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 05:34 PM   #42

Trailer: Bigfoot 25 ft / Dodge 3500HD 4X4 Jake Brake
Hi Russell,

Glad you found us. Your hobby sounds interesting. My son did his Eagle project creating a memorial to a local narrow gage rail road.

Great Stuff.
Bigfoot Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 07:26 PM   #43

Trailer: 17 ft Casita Liberty Deluxe
Hi,

Nothing like the NAF (Native American Flute). You can learn to play it in the traditional American way by reading music sheets or you can learn to play from the heart...something for everyone...I am in between...learning both ways!

Rand:-)
Rand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 08:45 PM   #44

Trailer: 2002 Casita Freedom Deluxe / 2007 Nissan Frontier King Cab
Our outdoor hobbies are the reason we bought the Casita. We both love to camp, and to go canoeing. I love to hike and backpack, and the campgrounds where we generally take our fiberglass trailer serve as great home bases for my hikes.

When I'm not in the canoe or on a trail or rock scrambling, you can find me reading. I always take plenty of reading material with me.
BOBSMITH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 04:55 PM   #45

Trailer: Scamp 13 ft
Send a message via Yahoo to Candi Woods
I love to crochet. It's something I can usually take with me in my purse and work on while my husband drives. It's great to do at bedtime, too, because it's quiet and the repetitive nature of it help me relax. I've made whole dresses for both my daughters and purses out of nylon cord. I just recently finished a baby blanket a friend of mine comissioned. Don't read directions very well, though. I much rather design my own, which is difficult when someone wants to know the pattern so they can copy it! Everything's a one of a kind.

Candi
Candi Woods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 09:51 AM   #46

Trailer: Boler Honey
I also crochet. Its one of the few things I can do in a car without getting carsick. Im gonna have to be more careful, though. Last summer, I was working on a baby blanket, sipping wine and chatting by the fire. ( Ah, the life!) Unfortunately, I also made a mistake in the baby blanket that I didn't catch till the end. (How much wine did I sip?) I creatively hid it and my neice didn't notice!
We also enjoy hiking, and just plain being lazy. I always end up picking up a few new plants to bring home (at a local nursery of course!) or stop at a yard sale along the way for stuff to use camping. Both are great ways to meet locals and find the really good places to visit in the area! Where do we stow the stuff? Anywhere we can!
lwehrly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 06:59 PM   #47

Trailer: 1978 Boler 13 ft
along with all the regular camping stuff--
hiking /canoeing/swimming/birdwatching/sightseeing/rockhounding/Dutch Ovening/........
I KNIT I cannot go anywhere without my knitting!!!!! camping offers the perfect place to relax & knit & if we are close to a town !!!!! Yarn shopping!!!!!!
this year I have a new spinning wheel DH does not know but I plan on sneaking it in mmmmmmmmmm it's bigger than a bread box do ya think he'll notice?
OH!OH!OH!!! fiber shopping.....wool,llama
Ann B is offline   Reply With Quote