Home With a Bigger (Golden) Egg - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV

Old 02-14-2014, 06:44 PM   #29

Name: kootenai girl
Trailer: 2004 Casita Liberty 17
British Columbia
Hi Kenneth
I would love the templates, I will pm you as I will be in the area in July so could maybe pick them up.

Old 02-14-2014, 08:27 PM   #30

Name: Kenneth
Trailer: Casita 17 Freedom DeLuxe
British Columbia
Kootenaigirl, you are very welcome, I'll keep the originals for you and you can check out my Casita wardrobe And I'd love to meet you. You can park in the yard also! PM me with an email address so we can talk more easily.

Old 02-15-2014, 09:52 AM   #31

British Columbia
Ian, when you go to " that place" the next day, do you need to take the Casita? If not, you have two options: leave the Casita at my place and drive the TV back up the Freeway, or, tow the rig to the parking lot behind Tim's a km before the border, leave it there and then go back up the Freeway in the TV- the Tim's is only about two or three kms off the Freeway on Sumas Way. Great people at "that place," by the way, and they sell a great product line.
Old 02-16-2014, 11:06 AM   #32

British Columbia
Thanks or your email and all the news and your new web page, Ian. I have yet to digest it. Earlier this past week, I began to feel more healthy and decided to steel myself and peak under the front of the Casita to see what I'd have to do with the "troublesome shower"people complain about, and to figure what I have to order from Larry. It was like winning the Lotto! Well, not quite, but pleasant! I got down on bended knee, like Raleigh looking up his queen's skirt, pulled the Casita skirt up and couldn't see anything to complain about. All I could see was a Hepva valve and a beverage hose vent already installed by a previous owner!!! Thank you, previous owner, whichever one you are. I looked at the grey line also, while I was at it. It looks to be a no fuss, simple mod, though looks can be deceiving, as I well know. With Larry's well -engineered grey kit, which I'll order in the next couple of weeks, it should be even more simple. I'll also order the kitchen sink trap replacement kit at the same time, and as this one is done inside, I'll be able to do it as soon as I pick up the kit from Sumas, without freezing my bum off lying under the trailer. Guess when I do the grey, I'll have to jack up or hook up to the Tacoma and pull up onto some ramps or blocks for the ten minutes needed to do the grey mod. Ten minutes- about how long it takes me to find the trailer keys.
Old 02-17-2014, 12:50 PM   #33

Name: kootenai girl
Trailer: 2004 Casita Liberty 17
British Columbia
Hi Kenneth
Just checking you got my PM's as I hadn't heard anything?
Old 02-18-2014, 03:15 AM   #34

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006
California
Hi Ken, don't know if you've done the vent mod yet but you don't really have to run the trailer up on ramps. I had plenty of room with it in the driveway but you will need an angle drill to drill into the tee so that the new fitting is pointing towards where the main frame and cross frame meet.
Old 02-19-2014, 09:42 AM   #35

British Columbia
Borrego Dave, I looked under the trailer a few days back and discovered I already have the shower mod and the grey tank vent done! I only have to do the grey tank mod now. Thanks for your input. Surely you have to get the trailer up on the drainage side to putin the new larger plumbing line and the new knife valve?
Old 02-19-2014, 01:46 PM   #36

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006
California
Hi Ken, I don't have that mod ...yet. It looks to me that you should have plenty of room to work but you could pull your rig up on a couple 2x6's on that side for extra room. Might be a good idea anyway as it would keep any liquids away from the drain exit .
Old 02-20-2014, 12:09 AM   #37

British Columbia
A VERY wise thought, as I don't intend to wear a SCUBA suit.
Old 05-18-2014, 09:06 AM   #38

British Columbia
I had decided to let this thread die, but today I read my last post and decided it needed one more post to do so! I ordered Larry's kit, put the Casita up on jack stands and did the fast grey mod without incident. Larry's kit is so complete, so well documented that the entire process is made anti-climactic. The only potential upset on pulling out the old plumbing from the tank, which an old man managed with no sweat or swearing, was a threatened upset to my stomach when about half a gallon of the foulest smelling grey "water" ran out into a bucket! Do this mod, but don't try to cobble the parts together, buy the kit from Larry.

The kitchen sink Hepvo kit has been installed also- another simple, well engineered effort from Larry. This one is a piece of cake. With the mod done, I went ahead and added the shelf. What a smashing idea that shelf is. I finished the closet shelving in early spring, so we are rolling in shelving and storage, with no more mods to do Ha Ha. As Kootenai Girls says, silly man. . . .
Old 05-19-2014, 01:36 AM   #39

Name: Marina
Trailer: 1978 Biggar / 2007 Toyota Tundra V8 2wd
British Columbia
Registry
Home With a Bigger (Golden) Egg

Hey Ken, are you going to the fiberglass rally in Ft Langley next week?
Old 05-19-2014, 09:01 AM   #40

British Columbia
I didn't know it was to be on, silly man! Guess it is all booked out by now, but we could come down on our bikes and look! We sometimes ride from Taylor Park to Fort Langley for coffee and a bite.