Home with the Bigfoot 21' - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-10-2007, 02:32 PM   #1

Trailer: Bigfoot 21 ft
I made it back from the "Frozen North" with the 2005 Bigfoot 21. It is really nice. In fact it was like new. One thing I didn't know about it was the fact it had the bunk bed option. I didn't even know Bigfoot offered a bunk bed option on the 21'. It is much better for me than the standard double bed.

Now the trip from Texas to New York was not the most fun I had ever had. I thought I knew what cold horrible weather was. Was I wrong. The North East is no place to be in the winter for a wimp like me. Cleaning road grime and salt off my windshield at -6 degrees with the wind blowing hard in the middle of the night is not my ideal of fun. Why you ask wasn't I laid up in the Bigfoot nice and warm. Well I am glad you asked. All the campgrounds were closed no matter what "Trailer Life" said. All the roadside parks were completely full of 18 wheelers. Motels up North will not accept someone with a dog. (My dog is better behaved than the drunk college kids they took in Ithaca, New York while turning me away. I was just running cross country on the Penn State Turnpike wanting to find a warm spot.

The Bigfoot towed perfect and the heater is a life saver. Rose my Lab claimed the spot in front of the bathroom vent for her own.

I had thought I would keep the 17' Casita for a while to make sure I really wanted a larger trailer. No longer. The Casita will be sold as soon as I can clean it up, polish it and post it for sale. I am a Bigfoot owner now.

Texas Charles
Charles Richerson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 02:50 PM   #2

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: Can you give me a little background info on your 17' Casita...ie: equipment and price etc I may be interested... Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 03:32 PM   #3

Trailer: Y2K6 Bigfoot 25 ft (25B25RQ) & Y2K3 Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Charles,

Welcome to the world of Bigfoot trailers. Now you know why Bigfoot owners are so satisfied with their trailers.

I didn't know they had bunks either! Show us some photos, please!

Roger
Roger H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 03:47 PM   #4

Trailer: Bigfoot 17 ft (15B17G) / Chevy Astro AWD
Quote:
Charles,

Welcome to the world of Bigfoot trailers. Now you know why Bigfoot owners are so satisfied with their trailers.

I didn't know they had bunks either! Show us some photos, please!

Roger
Yup! (And some even have two)

Yves.
Yves Pelchat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bigfoot