Hot and Cold and Insulation - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-06-2010, 08:28 AM   #1

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
I went camping with a GF a few weeks back and made the following observation. (I'm not surprised by the outcome but it was interesting to actually experience the difference.)
I have a UHaul, double hull, smooth interior (which I love) and my GF has a scamp with ratfur interior. During the late evening and through the night, my trailer got dampish feeling and chilly, so I had to run my cube heater. My GF, on the other hand, never ran her heater. I was at her trailer for some wine and girl talk during the evening and the temp was just fine. She said in the morning that she never even turned on the heater. Now she is the 'cold' one of us two, and if anyone was goning to get chilled, it would have been her.
So as it has been pointed out before, a lightly insulated 'liner' material on the inside of a fg trailers really works. If there was a way to get my UHaul insulated, I'd jump at it!
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 09:53 AM   #2

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Interesting observation Pam. Owning a Casita with carpet I long for the smoothness of your trailers interior. LOL...........(but I hate carpet!) Glad to know it's useful for something.
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 12:05 PM   #3

Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
I have read where some U-haul owners pushed Reflectix up between the shells. You could potentially do the same with something like Ensolite, Armaflex, or even perhaps a thin extruded polystyrene.

Raya
Raya is offline   Reply With Quote