hot water: options ?? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-19-2003, 03:08 PM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
hot water: options ??

We are first time Scamp campers ( age 70 and 66 ) and excited to get started. We will travel from Florida to Ohio and New York states. We hope to be home in one month.
Question: What are some of the options to make hot water? also what about portable shower at camp sites. ( if the camp site showers are dirty ):) :wave

Legacy Posts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2003, 05:26 PM   #2

Hi Marvin. what an adventure you and Ruth have planned. I'm thinking that you don't have a bath/shower room in your Scamp. There are many options for your want of hot water. mine is an old Tea kettle on top of the three burner. A friend uses an electric water pot. I also have a battery powered shower pump. as you are new to posting here. I'll mention the search button in the upper right hand corner of the screen. we had quite a talk about showers a while back. some even have the water heater included.

Old 07-20-2003, 07:17 AM   #3

I just found a thread with an on demand water heater. you might want to check it out. hot

Old 07-20-2003, 07:26 AM   #4

Coleman now has an on demand water heater

Old 07-20-2003, 08:45 AM   #5

Insinkerator (of food disposal fame) has a line of under the sink instant hot water dispensers and small (2 1/2 & 4 gallon hot water tanks that plug into a standard outlet. www.insinkerator.com/

Old 07-20-2003, 08:55 AM   #6

Oh wow!

That Coleman water heater really, really looks slick!

Built in 5 gallon tank. Runs on disposable propane bottles.

Only thing I don't believe is the claim "in 5 seconds, you'll have hot water." That has to be a typo. Bet they meant 5 minutes.

Still, really, really slick ... not available until Sept 1.

Also says "attach a hose" .... I wonder if it will operate as a stand-alone water heater ... in other words, fill it at home, take it into the woods and heat the water.

Marvin ... like everyone says, a lot has been written about water heaters.

But, as others have already said, you can get a lot of hot water from a coffee pot on the stove ... or an electric tea pot if you have power.

Fill a sink with hot water ... use a wash cloth to take a bath.

Similar to taking a bed bath in the hospital.

Effective ... efficient ... and makes it possible to get squeeky clean with one sink of water.

My wife also can wash her long hair in a couple sink's full of hot water. Well, one sink full ... and then rinse with one pot.