How about a Burro! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-27-2013, 09:33 AM   #1

Name: Cricket
Trailer: 2005 Scamp 13'
Minnesota
How about a Burro!

Many of you watched my search for a Scamp. Quick re-cap...after looking at literally dozens of eggs, we brought one home on Easter weekend. Apparently I still had a Craigslist ad out there stating I was looking for a fiberglass camper. I guy contacted me at said that he has a 1989 (he thought...had to double check - might be a 1987) 17' Burro for $2200. While I certainly do not need another camper....my parents might be able to use one for guests to sleep in this summer...so I called him. He said he hasn't offered it for sale yet, he was waiting to hear from me. Anyway....here is what I know about it. It has a clear title in the guy's name. Has three new tires. Has propane tank and a place for a battery, but he isn't including a battery (has one to test with though). He says all the lights work. Three burner stove has some surface rust, but he says it works. Furnace works. Hasn't tested the fridge (I take that as it doesn't work). Toilet and shower are there and complete (but again, he says he hasn't used them. He said it had an A/C and it leaked around it, so he took it out and put in a fantastic fan. He was sure there would be rot in the floor after the leak in the a/c, so he took out the carpet and found the floor was fine and solid as Burro had encased it in fiberglass. He couldn't decide on flooring, so he hasn't replaced it yet. The carpet strip on the ceiling he took down and hasn't replaced. The rock guard is intact and in good shape as are the original decals. He said there were several spots on the roof that looked like the fiberglass was chipping off, so he took some fiberglass resin (no mat) and painted over it. He said he cleaned the cushions and they were fine. It has the bed in back and the bunk up front (that apparently also turns into a dinette). He is about 4 hours from me (real near the one I bought)....but it willing to bring it almost to me (at a minimum, halfway). He bought it from the original owner who was 75 when he bought it....and at that point it had been sitting for 5 years. He is moving, and wants something bigger to live in for a period of time...otherwise he would be keeping it to finish it. Seems like a decent price and he has sent several pictures (although I am WELL aware that pictures can often be misleading). Any thoughts on the price? Any Burro 17' specific issues?
Cricket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 03:46 PM   #2

Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
Sounds like a decent price. Burro doors can tend to let some water in at the top, so check floor near the door. That's the only issue I can recall, but someone else may know more.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
burro