How Customer Service SHOULD Work - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2013, 08:36 PM   #1

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
Smile How Customer Service SHOULD Work

Long Story, Short Punch Line.......

Last Saturday we had horrific winds here in SoCal. So bad that it broke the anchor bases and lifted two 10'X20' tube and canvas canopies we have to cover our trailers, and flew them about 120 feet down the driveway.

On the way out they tore a number of tiles off our tile roof and damaged others along the way.

While covering the damaged area I discovered a manufacturers name and some ID numbers on the back of the damaged tiles. I Goggled them and found that Eagle Roofing Tiles was located about 30 miles away in Rialto, CA.

I emailed a note to the customer service dept. on Sat night and had a reply very early Monday morning as the customer service peeps were responding to wind damage problems asap.

I added a few details about the tiles I thought I had and how many I would need, but was told that they didn't sell direct, only through dealers. But, it was suggested that I take a damaged tile to the factory's "Design Center" in Rialto for positive model and color I.D.

We arrived there this morning and, not only did the person who ran the Design Center know my name and had copies of the emails I had exchanged with them, they had a pile of 20 tiles waiting for me. When I asked for the bill they simply said, "just remind your friends about Eagle Roofing Tiles", and loaded them in my Blazer and wished us a happy day.

It turned out that I was one of many customers that received this excellent example of customer support this week.

WAY TO GO Eagle Roofing Tiles........

Now, if a certain FGRV builder only had this attitude !!!!!

Old 10-09-2013, 09:40 PM   #2

Name: asdf
Trailer: asdf
Alabama
Bob,

Glad you got such great service. I do have to ask, how long eagle has been in business? How many millions / hundreds of millions they gross. How many employees?

Are we comparing apples to apples here?

It is easy to provide a hand full of shingles to a few hundred customers when that is likely just an infinitesimal fraction of the advertising budget for the year.

But hey, why sweat the details eh?
Closed Thread