How Did You Get Introduced to FG Campers? - Page 4 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-23-2014, 08:10 AM   #61

Name: Ted
Trailer: (Dark side)Crossroads Now
Glade Valley, North Carolina
My wife and I have always loved to camp. Since the two daughters are grown we started to feel a little overwhelmed with the large 5er camper we owned, not to mention what a pain it was to pull around. A few years ago we saw a Scamp 5er at a campground and thought it was the cutest thing ever. Not knowing that in a few years we would go from a 36' 5er to a Scamp 5er. We originally settled for a Scamp 16 because on the East coast their hard to find and purchasing a new one wasn't what we wanted due to the price. A month after I had purchased the 2002 Scamp 16 I found a one owner Scamp 5er two hours from where I live. I purchased it immediately and turned around and resold my 16 in two days. Do I miss the big units......UH NOT AT ALL.
Old 03-23-2014, 08:13 AM   #62

Name: Randy
Trailer: 1980Trillium 1300
Ontario
I had been searching a F.G. camper for almost a year ( Boler/Trillium) then one weekend it popped up a 1300Trillium only 1/2hr drive from home...Running back and forth like a...bozo for 1800cash in hand(banks closed on weekend), I towed it home within 1hour of advertisement. The old man was very friendly(not his wife though). My Trillium was parked in backyard for extensive modification. One day the old man showed up and wanted to take a look into Trillium(after a few rounds he passed by when I wasn't home). With a few beers we drank, power hooked up, door opened. This is what he said after got out. He knew that his camper was in a good hands of mine but he couldn't believe I have so much talent and my Trailer now could light up ...a whole house. Cheer, happily enjoy it very much....
Thinh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 09:00 AM   #63

Name: Steve
Trailer: Scamp 19
Arizona
After 40+ years sailing the world on small sailboats, I decided that it was time to come to shore and explore. We didn't consider anything but a moulded fiberglass trailer after so many miles in moulded fiberglass sailboats. After looking online for over a year we bought our Scamp 5er and have never looked back. Since we have only owned it a little over a year, we have traveled more than some and I'm sure a lot less than others. So far we have about 4,000 miles on it, and by the end of this summer we expect to have another 8,000- 10,000 miles of fun travel.

We are of the age when sleeping on the ground isn't all that inviting, but with the confortable bunk in the Scamp we enjoy our time on the road
captsteve2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 12:01 PM   #64

Name: Trent
Trailer: Burro
Oregon
I remember driving by the Uhaul dealer in Gresham, Oregon with my Grandma in what must have been 1984 or 1985 and seeing a Uhaul camp trailer. To me it looked just like a little spacepod and I wanted to take a trip in it. I would have been 8 or 9 years old at that time and was engrossed with all things having to do with space. I never did convince the folks to rent one as we were a family of 5 and already had a Winnebago. Fast forward a whole bunch of years and the majority of a bottle of Pinot noir and I started waxing nostalgic while surfing the web. First I found the old uhaul camper website and then the fgrv website. Further searches brought me to the Burro website and a failed attempt at ordering a burro kit. :4). Probably thousands of craigslist searches later I came across a listing for a 1981 burro from Bill-H. Bought it that day, thanks again Bill.

On any given weekend you may find me in the camper with a bottle of wine floating through space.
Receo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 12:03 PM   #65

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Receo View Post
I remember driving by the Uhaul dealer in Gresham, Oregon with my Grandma in what must have been 1984 or 1985 and seeing a Uhaul camp trailer. To me it looked just like a little spacepod and I wanted to take a trip in it. I would have been 8 or 9 years old at that time and was engrossed with all things having to do with space. I never did convince the folks to rent one as we were a family of 5 and already had a Winnebago. Fast forward a whole bunch of years and the majority of a bottle of Pinot noir and I started waxing nostalgic while surfing the web. First I found the old uhaul camper website and then the fgrv website. Further searches brought me to the Burro website and a failed attempt at ordering a burro kit. :4). Probably thousands of craigslist searches later I came across a listing for a 1981 burro from Bill-H. Bought it that day, thanks again Bill.

On any given weekend you may find me in the camper with a bottle of wine floating through space.
Happy trails!
2012 ParkLiner #006
2013 4wd 4 door F150 3.5L Ecoboost with 9200# tow package
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 06:10 PM   #66

Name: Chuck
Trailer: tp
Washington
I owned a Airstream and planning a trip to Alaska and didn't want it to get rock chipped up. Bought a 83 Bigfoot 17 in Seattle. Sold the Airstream and that how we started in FG trailers. I have owned almost every model FG.
Chuck
FTTRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 07:37 PM   #67

Name: Eric
Trailer: Scamp 13
Michigan
We were planning a trip to CA from MI and I prefer to drive than fly. We wanted something lightweight for our minivan where we could camp, setup/tear down quickly, and just pull over and sleep in. After several months of research we went into hunting mode (that is what my wife calls the male form of shopping) and bought a 13' scamp.
ericw is offline   Reply With Quote