How do you decorate the outside of your trailer? - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-04-2006, 09:26 PM   #41

Trailer: 1996 16 ft Scamp
OK, where's Gina when I need her!

Looking at the wonderful skies in that area. When we lived in Torrance CA, my then Norwegian husband and I and another couple purchsed two properties at Big Bear -- we had so much fun, clear air, blue skies, great skiing, etc. etc. etc.!
Raunie Aasland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 09:52 PM   #42

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
Doggie yard came from Petsmart. Probably any big chian has them.

Click image for larger version

Name:	beaglejail.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	133.6 KB
ID:	3373

Big Bear.....Betcha wish you still had it. Who needs a mine? Property is worth it's acrage in gold now!
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 12:13 AM   #43

Trailer: Surfside TM14 1974
Registry
Quote:
Miriam, one can buy this same flannel backed tablecloth material off a bolt. You can get just the length you want. I think some hardware stores carry this. I'll keep an eye out for you when I'm shopping. What color and pattern are you seeking? Best width and length?
Cheers!

Gigi
Gigi
Gigi,

What a wonderful offer! Thank-you! My outside colors are black and Ford gold, which is kind of a beige color, frosted. Inside I've picked up the beige, and robin's egg blue (the color of the ensolite), and cream (the color of the original fiberglass). I know the bolt of stuff you're talking about. I'd love to find it in a cream-colored plastic lace. My trailer is decorated in velvets, satins, laces, fur, taffeta, etc., so I'd like to go over-the-top with the outside decorations, too. Most of the stuff they sell here are in 1980's-style floral prints - pastels, garish prints. If you find anything suitable, please let me know. We're coming to the Oregon gathering and can pick up something along the way (if we can find the store), or mail-order it. Length and width? Whatever fits the standard campground nitpic table. Most of the ones they sell (flannel-backed, in the stores) are too short end-to-end.

- Miriam
Miriam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 12:17 AM   #44

Registry
Quote:
OKay, Since hubby has his heart set on an awning.... I DO want to get some patio lights for it! I've looked online and found a couple that would indeed go along with my space theme! AND I have seen the nice tarps, too- to use under the awning. For sure those would be nice.
SPACE THEME: The science stores (you know, the ones for kids) will often have glow-in-the-dark plastic space-themed stick-ons...moon, stars, planets, comets, etc. In his younger days, my son decorated his ceiling with them. Not really noticeable during the day, but pretty cool when the lights were turned off at night.

- Miriam
Old 06-06-2006, 12:22 AM   #45

Registry
Quote:
Dear Miriam,

Two summers ago, on our big long trailer trip, we were greeted at each western province border with a warning not to bring in any fire wood from elsewhere, as various bugs were being quarantined from place to place.

Pine beetles will make it worse these days, I guess.

Think local when recycling. And buy local. (But the wood at one Sask prov campground was SO overpriced and SO wet, we were glad we picked up KFC for supper in Melburn on the way....)
CAMPFIRE WOOD:

I guess I wasn't clear. When I've gone dumpster diving at the construction sites, I've been picking up processed CONSTRUCTION wood - end cuts from 2x6's, studs, etc. I don't take firewood - tree trunks with bark, etc. Often it's the bark that carries the bugs. And often the stuff they sell at campsites is so pithy and old, it burns in seconds - can't even roast a decent marshmallow! The construction wood is often kiln-dried - takes ages to burn. It stacks nicely, being cut into neat little blocks and all. Also, you can't take the stuff that's "preserved," because if you burn it, there's all these carcinogens that are released into the air - not good flavouring for marshmallows!

- Miriam
Old 06-06-2006, 09:46 AM   #46

Trailer: Quantum-5 5th Wheel 1980
My entry in the tacky trailer gear. The Flimingos light up at night. One of the pink lawn chairs is an original aluminum rocking chair. The motor scooter traveles with the trailer and is lots of fun to have.
Attached Thumbnails
Cambria_rallyl_002.jpg  
Ron Wrighton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 09:54 AM   #47

Trailer: 1985 Scamp 13 ft
Send a message via Yahoo to Tirah
Quote:
That's my thought too. I just added some vinyl stick-on letters to a plastic container:
I LOVE that garbage can! I might have to steal that idea.
Tirah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 09:56 AM   #48

Trailer: 1985 Scamp 13 ft
Send a message via Yahoo to Tirah
Quote:
I mounted a towel bar on the inside of my entrance door. When I latch it open it creates an outdoor place to display this dish towel I found on a trip to Bisbee, AZ:

Ha! I love this, too! This should be my motto.
Tirah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 10:17 AM   #49

Trailer: Boler Honey
Karen--What I loved about your decorations is that you don't have TOO much. The flower box is the only thing that isn't functional. You just got it to all coordinate with a theme. I love this site...now I have to start thinking not only about getting a fiberglass trailer, but how to decorate after I get it.

Gina--love the dog pen. I have a pen, but its metal and quite heavy. I'll be looking for a plastic one now.

Thanks all for the great ideas!
lwehrly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 10:00 PM   #50

Registry
Quote:
My entry in the tacky trailer gear. The Flimingos light up at night. One of the pink lawn chairs is an original aluminum rocking chair. The motor scooter traveles with the trailer and is lots of fun to have.
I can't decide what I like more: the chair or the flamingos! Way fun!

- Miriam
Old 02-25-2007, 02:36 AM   #51

Registry
Anyone else have any thoughts on decorating the outside of a trailer?

- Miriam
Old 02-25-2007, 08:28 AM   #52

Trailer: 1978 Boler 13 ft
I find the dollar stores have lots of ideas--flags/wind socks
summer things -drink holders, candler holders,my fav a plastic snake on the propane tanks --I know tacky-- the grandkids like it !!!!
I'm looking for batterie op. string lights( for sale) in Canada -big chain(store) would be good but when I ask they all look at me like I'm crazy( I am)

we also need some good strong/comfortable lawn chairs that will fold to fit in the back of the truck
Ann in Can.
Ann B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 03:38 AM   #53

Registry
A plastic snake on the propane tanks? LOL! Wish I'd thought of that. I'm gonna get me one! What a hoot!

I wish I could find battery powered string lights, too. Or just something to hook my regular lights to.

- Miriam
Old 03-16-2007, 03:48 PM   #54

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
This pic shows the whirlie gigs (motoried) but not the led lites hidden in the awning tracks NOR the 'dancing' rope lights under the trailer that look like a fire at night. Our outdoor kitchen is not shown and our outdoor entertainment center has yet to be deployed, LOL!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Trillium___set_up__.jpg  
Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 04:32 PM   #55

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500 (plus 2 Rhodesian Ridgebacks)
Registry
After dark we set out a bowl of glowing led eggs. Sometimes we skip the bowl and set them out around the campsite. Nice way to meet people in the evening. They can't NOT stop to check them out. They constant change colour -- morphing through red, orange, yellow, green, blue and violet ....

Name:   images_4_.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  2.4 KB
Carol Ann in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 05:02 PM   #56

Trailer: 1999 Scamp 16 ft ('The Pod')
Those must be fiberglass trailers that have not hatched yet!

Vivian
Vivian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 06:46 PM   #57

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
Vivian, TRUST ME.....(LOL)
IT'S a 'Torontoien thing'
Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 07:01 PM   #58

Registry
[quote]After dark we set out a bowl of glowing led eggs. Sometimes we skip the bowl and set them out around the campsite. Nice way to meet people in the evening. They can't NOT stop to check them out. They constant change colour -- morphing through red, orange, yellow, green, blue and violet ....

Attachment 6873

Love 'em! Brand name? Cost? Source?