How do YOU get rid of Spam - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-25-2007, 06:18 PM   #21

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
The ones that really upset me are the ads for male "enhancement" products that are sent to my teenaged daughter's account.
Sorry i a could not help it. I get the same junk. Its very frusterating. What do we all do. These creeps should be put away.
Old 09-26-2007, 12:09 AM   #22

Trailer: 1981 13 ft Scamp / Nissan Titan
I dunno, I think this stuff works. I bought one of the enhancement lotions and rubbed it all over my 13' Scamp last nite. This morning when I went out I now have a 16...........
2015 Escape 19 & 1997 Scamp 19
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 02:48 PM   #23

Trailer: 2006 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
I see these threads on most every forum I frequent. I don't understand them because I don't get spam. At least not anywhere but from the canned meat department at my local grocery store!
Chris C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 05:36 PM   #24

Quote:
I see these threads on most every forum I frequent. I don't understand them because I don't get spam. At least not anywhere but from the canned meat department at my local grocery store!
Consider your self very lucky.
Old 09-28-2007, 06:08 PM   #25

Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
Quote:
Brian, I wasn't clear -- I do NOT bounce back to the sender for the reason you stated -- I report the spam to Yahoo, using the Spam tool provided for that purpose, and they use the reports to adjust their spam filters.
Pete, you were quite clear in this note:
Quote:
... spam blocking is done quite well with my free email account at Yahoo
...I do help them with it by marking the ones that make it to my mail as spam so they can add to the filter system.

I was actually responding to Roy's comment:
Quote:
...If your ISP allows you to mark thinkgs as spam do so, if not let your online inbox overflow. Then all the spammers will get their messages bounced back...
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 06:42 PM   #26

Trailer: 2008 Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe / 1997 Toyota 4Runner LTD (Draw-Tite WDH
Chester,

If you can cope with notifying everyone from whom you want to receive emails of a change in your address, then there are three things you should do to ensure that you stop receiving spam.

1. Change your email address so that it has numbers in it (e.g. Chester867Taje@somethingorother.com). Spammers generate email addresses by using first and last names from sources such as telephone directories. Introducing numbers into your email address makes it impossible for a spammer to generate it.

Protect this email address. Give it only to your bank, your family, your close friends --- people and organizations from whom it is important that you receive email and whom you trust to protect your address.

2. Create an second, alternative, email address under Yahoo, or Google, or Hotmail and use it ONLY for registering on websites such as this one. Both Yahoo and Google have good spam filters which you can customize.

3. Never provide either of your email addresses to people who want you to register for a "free gift", or a "draw for a valuable prize". The whole point of these schemes is to collect email addresses which can be sold to other organizations, some of whom send spam.

Best of luck,
Petit Lapin.
E. Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 06:50 PM   #27

Thank you E.Graham. I will do that.
Old 09-28-2007, 08:29 PM   #28

Trailer: 2002 17 ft Casita Liberty Deluxe
Speaking of spam.. I got this one today. It came with an email address to repond to which I am not putting on here. I can't believe that someone would actually respond to this. I wish I had an email address or website to forward these to. It's a shame that this goes on.

================

Dearest Trustful

I'm happy to inform you about my success,Prensently I'm in India .Meanwhile I did not forget your past efforts and attempt to assist me despite the fact that it failed us some how. Now contact my secretary in Benin Republic.

Name------ Michael Obi.

Ask him to send you 800,000.00 which I kept in your favour as compensation for all your past efforts and attempts to assit me in that matter.
so feel free and get in touch with my secretary instruct him where to send it to you without delay.
Dr Frank Kelly
CarolnJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 09:16 PM   #29

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Speaking of spam.. I got this one today. It came with an email address to repond to which I am not putting on here. I can't believe that someone would actually respond to this. I wish I had an email address or website to forward these to. It's a shame that this goes on.

================

Dearest Trustful

I'm happy to inform you about my success,Prensently I'm in India .Meanwhile I did not forget your past efforts and attempt to assist me despite the fact that it failed us some how. Now contact my secretary in Benin Republic.

Name------ Michael Obi.
Ask him to send you 800,000.00 which I kept in your favour as compensation for all your past efforts and attempts to assit me in that matter.
so feel free and get in touch with my secretary instruct him where to send it to you without delay.
Dr Frank Kelly
It is amazing isn't it. If you want have some fun reading just do google search on "nigerian 419" . What's even more amazing is the intelligence of these scammers, or should I say lack there of. This place has several stories of scamming the scammer.
Old 09-29-2007, 05:17 PM   #30

Trailer: Scamp
Send a message via Yahoo to Pete Dumbleton
Byron, neat site!! Thanks for posting it!

I've always presumed someone was selling the spam origination to people who thought they could get rich quick.
Pete Dumbleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 08:58 PM   #31

I finnaly got rid of all spam----My ISP i find out can weed it out and not even forward it to my mail box. I only get regular proper e-mail now.