My previous TT was not molded fiberglass 102 20.40%
I didn't own a travel trailer prior to the current one 264 52.80%
Voters: 500. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-13-2006, 06:47 AM   #43

Name: Gerry
Trailer: Boler 13 ft / 31 ft Holiday Rambler
Maine
Quote:
Ellen, I didn't forget the Amerigo. The poll doesn't have room for all of the brands. Those not listed should vote "other" and post a comment.

Roger was listing his own personal set of choices... He's owned 'em all! (Except for Amerigo and a whole bunch of others.)

Hi Mary F... I just got an 1977 Amerigo and restored it.
See pictures under the improvements forums.
What year is yours.
I do not plan to keep it because I do not have a suitable tow vehicle and besides I got my 13 foot Boler and that is good enough.
Gerry

Old 11-25-2006, 10:02 AM   #44

Name: Jerry
Trailer: 2005 Casita
North Carolina
I raised my two sons camping, they learned to swim, hunt, and explore nature

But sadly there is a time when girls become a more important part of their lives (as it should)

Therefore you get out of camping for a while until you decide that "YOU" are really missing a great part of your life that you enjoyed

SOOOOOOOOO

You are a little older and have a little more money than before, therefore after much research, you buy a CASITA.

My first fiberglass trailer, and I must say, since I retired, I have enjoyed the 27,000 miles I have logged in my Creampuff (17 ft 05 Spirit.)

I think that camping will be in my life from here on

Old 02-05-2007, 01:48 PM   #45

Trailer: Lander (401)
Registry
I have vote "other"...

My first and only caravan is a "Lander 401"

ciao

Rob
Attached Thumbnails
DSCF1317.jpg  
Old 04-17-2007, 10:19 AM   #46

Name: Bobbie
Trailer: 2011 Escape 15A
Washington
Registry
My Campster isn't there.

Prior to this the closest thing I owned is my Montgomery 15 sailboat; it has a cuddy cabin and sleeps two, and I've slept in it on the trailer. And it IS fiberglass! The only trouble with the M15 as a travel trailer is that its kind of hard to climb in when it is up on the trailer and if you have someone sleeping in the back of the TV as well, you feel every move they make!

Bobbie
Old 04-17-2007, 10:12 PM   #47

Washington
Registry
How come this post keeps popping back up like I just submitted it?

Bobbie
Old 04-17-2007, 10:23 PM   #48

Name: Gina D.
Trailer: '77 Leocraft 17 & Former Burro owner and fan!
West Coast USA
Registry
The topic will move up when someone votes, even if they don't do a post.
Old 04-17-2007, 10:49 PM   #49

Name: jim
Trailer: Casita 2000 17ft. Liberty
California
My neighbor has an Ultravan. It is a motorhome, Corvair engine, egg- like fiberglass body, about 22 ft, long. He hasn't gotten around to restoring it for 10 years but the plastic body won't erode away.
I know the East Germans had a hard time getting rid of their worn out Trabbant autos for the same reason. If I get a photo I'll send it to the archives.
Old 04-17-2007, 11:37 PM   #50

Trailer: 2000 19 ft (formerly 17 ft) Casita Freedom Deluxe ('Nuestra Casita') / 2000 4WD V8 Tundra
Send a message via Yahoo to Kurt & Ann K.
We love our 19' "High-Rise" Casita (17' w/stretched tongue & 5" lift) even after using it as our bedroom at home for 13 months. The "charm" is still there even with nightly use.
We previously had a stick built 8' cab-over camper (Camper Corral brand) on a 3/4 ton Chevy pickup which allowed us to tow either our boat or Jeep. We travelled with 3 kids & 2 dogs. Long trips from Calif.-Canada-Mexico-home, and Calif.-Virginia-New York-So. Dakota-home. and innumerable shorter trips around the Southwest. After kids had left home and a different bunch of canine companions, we finally decided to obtain a FGRV. Looked for nearly 2 years before purchasing our Casita.
Talked a neighbor into buying one also, now "Nuestra Casita" has an almost identical sister.

Kurt & Ann K.
Old 04-18-2007, 12:42 AM   #51

Name: Joe
Trailer: Hunter Industries
California
Send a message via AIM to Joseph Domingos Send a message via Yahoo to Joseph Domingos
As a longtime tent camper, I got turned on to FBRV's after exploring what my tow vehicle, 2001 Honda CRV, could actually tow. I'd really explored teardrops for a while, and then someone pointed me toward a FBRV like a Scamp or something. With the power of the Internet I explored, 'lurked' on great sites like this, and realized that I'd MUCH rather have a rig that I could stand up in vs. crawl into at night and only be able to sleep or lay down in! hehe
I found my Compact II on a random search on Craigslist, being sold by a gal who had NO idea what it was she had, and had to make an 8 hr drive one way (Don't a lot of us have marathon drive stories, to retrieve our Eggs?hehe) to pick it up outside of Sacremento. I ended up having to camp in it, dusty and unfamiliar, on the side of the road on the way home cause it got so late and I got so sleepy, and that was my FIRST FBRV experience! hehe I have learned a LOT in the few trips I've taken it on so far, am continuing to learn, and am SO GRATEFUL for the wonderful resource of this website when I'm puzzled/confused/perplexed over something in my rig, thanks guys for all your help!
Do I think this is my last FBRV? Nope, not at all, already my eye is wandering, looking for something bigger and better! hehe But, until I have a bigger tow vehicle, I think the little Compact is going to be my home away from home for a while...
Old 04-18-2007, 07:04 AM   #52

Trailer: 17 ft Escape
Rather than revieve this pole can we do it again. Many of us seem to have either purchased our eggs since that pole was done or even changed to a different one. I know I would like a chance to vote again!

jen
Old 04-18-2007, 08:10 AM   #53

Trailer: 1984 U-Haul 13 ft
Well, I know it won't count, but Al and I also camp in a truck tent! I know the questions we get about that, I can't wait till we take out the 13' Uhaul!!
Old 04-18-2007, 09:09 AM   #54

Washington
Registry
Quote:
Rather than revieve this pole can we do it again. Many of us seem to have either purchased our eggs since that pole was done or even changed to a different one. I know I would like a chance to vote again!

jen
If someone redoes the poll, I like Gina's question of what do you want next!

Bobbie
Old 04-18-2007, 04:54 PM   #55

Trailer: 1974 Beachcomber B15 lo-liner
Hi ...I voted other, recently purchased a 1974 BeachComber B15....
Old 04-18-2007, 07:25 PM   #56

Trailer: Gypsy 1979
I voted other on two counts as I owned a playpac for nearly a year then bought a Gypsy. Before that I have owned about ten small stickies, ex. Shasta 13' Bill