How far is too far .... - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 04-03-2009, 08:49 AM   #15
Name: David
Trailer: Bigfoot 25 ft (25B25RQ)

I drove 4000 miles each way from Anchorage, Alaska to Rice, Texas to pick up a new Casita five years ago. My first used trailer I bought on the same street I was living on. My latest used trailer was 1100 miles from home. So I don't really have a limit, I guess. Those 21 RB's seem to be really scarce right now, so get one if you can wherever it might be.

David and Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 08:56 AM   #16
Trailer: Bigfoot 21 ft Rear Bed
As mentioned in my original post, I really didn't expect an answer to my question. But the comment made by Phil Underwood sort of hit the mark.

Steve Dunkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 02:17 PM   #17
Name: Pete
Trailer: 17 ft 1986 Burro
Doesn't matter, cause you can camp on the way home!!!!!!!!
pjanits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 02:29 PM   #18
Trailer: 2008 19 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe 5th Wheel
I know the question was related to **used** - but I will chime in anyway...

We drove all the way from Sacramento to Backus to adopt our 5er. THEN we continued east to Niagara, VT, NH, ME, MA, and so on - to see the Fall Colors. We took a month off - which is hard to do... unless you are within a year of retiring ANYWAY - then what can they DO to you??? Make me leave early???? And on the way home visited some church friends who moved to Pueblo, Colorado. By-the-way... after seeing OUR lil Scamp, they went to TX and got their new unit - "Cassie".

So, for US we put on around 8,500 miiles,

Alan Weinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 02:38 PM   #19
Name: Adrian
Trailer: Lance 1985~'Casita de Campo' ~23' 4"~Dinette Slide Previously: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette, Front Bath
New Mexico

It is a Travel Trailer, if you can be certain it is in the condition you want at the price you like and is the model/type of trailer you are looking for, especially if this type of trailer is hard to find in your area, why not travel to pick it up? Make a vacation out of it or a holiday as they say in Canada & Britian.
DesertHawk- Las Cruces, NM USA
2015 Lance 1985 ~ Casita de Campo ~23' 4"
~Previously ~ 2005 16' Scamp
2009 White Ford F-150 Reg. Cab Longbed ARE Topper
Adrian W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 09:25 PM   #20
Trailer: 2001 13 ft Scamp / 1993 Jeep Cherokee
Back in 2000 when I was looking I couldn't find a used Fiberglass trailer. I ordered my Scamp and had it delivered.

I only drove about 100 feet up the driveway to the street to get mine and back of course.
Joy A. & Lily
and "Puff", too
No. Ca. Sierra Foothills
Joy A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 08:03 AM   #21
Trailer: Trillium
I'm about to drive 3500 km to pick up a trillium 4500. I decided that if I found a decent one near my wife's family that it might be a good way to get in a long overdue (6 years) visit. Making a purchase at the destination is a neat way to cut down on towing costs

GlenP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 01:53 PM   #22
Trailer: Trillium 4500 and 17 ft Eggcamper
As mentioned in my original post, I really didn't expect an answer to my question. But the comment made by Phil Underwood sort of hit the mark.
Eggs are addictive! For our second one, we went a little over a thousand miles each way. Per mapquest, it is a 15 1/2 hour trip....took 2 1/2 days going and even less coming back, in order to beat a snowstorm in Oklahoma, we only rested 2 hours and drove straight through. I agree, it is all about how much you want the little jewel! We feel they are worth a little inconvenience.

Vi Turner is offline   Reply With Quote