How is your weather - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-01-2006, 09:52 AM   #21
Suz

Trailer: 1989 Casita Spirit Deluxe
Registry
A couple of days ago, it started to rain, then "wintery mix", then frozen rain, then sleet, then light snow. Weather peops said to "let" your pets come in because it's too cold to leave them out. My dog LOVES this stuff. I had to make him come in last night and he was out first thing this morning. He's running around, grabbing his toys, throwing them trying to get us to play and go outside. It's suppose to warm up to 40*F today, but it'll be back in the 20's in a day or two. My dog LIVES for this time of year!
Suz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 10:16 AM   #22

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Quote:
A couple of days ago, it started to rain, then "wintery mix", then frozen rain, then sleet, then light snow. Weather peops said to "let" your pets come in because it's too cold to leave them out. My dog LOVES this stuff. I had to make him come in last night and he was out first thing this morning. He's running around, grabbing his toys, throwing them trying to get us to play and go outside. It's suppose to warm up to 40*F today, but it'll be back in the 20's in a day or two. My dog LIVES for this time of year!
Hi: Here in the Great Lakes Basin it seems like one big "DRAIN OH" I am starting to check E bay for used Pontoons for the Boler Later the water is suposed to turn hard and white... and you know the Weather Guy is never wrong!!! Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 11:06 AM   #23

Trailer: Escape 17 ft 2006 / 2005 Honda Pilot
Registry
Quote:
My dog LIVES for this time of year!
MY two hounds, on the other hand, have to be suited up in doggie coats (which they hate) and dragged outside! Big, whimpy retired greyhounds who take their new 'couch potato' status very seriously!!!

38 F this morning - no ice, no snow, no rain and no wind - pretty perfect from my POV.

Keep warm everyone!
Anne H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 06:40 PM   #24

Trailer: Boler 13 ft 1972
Must be following the right trail -- We left our Bay Area (SF bay, Calif). 75 days, 60 nights for a trip to Hawaii, where the weather was 80s day, 70s night. While we were gone, it rained in CA. But when we got home, it was back to 70s weather again. All this in early Nov.

We left for a trip to Louisiana a couple of weeks ago (just got home). The weather there was mid 70s in the day, 60s at night. Very nice. Apparently another storm made its way through Calif while we were gone. It is just now reaching Louisiana, where the temps are falling to 50s. Back here in east bay, we have sunny days in the 60s and nights approaching freezing. Still teeshirt weather, if you get up late enough.

Moral of story -- there's good weather somewhere.
Lance MacArthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 11:43 AM   #25

Trailer: U-Haul 16 ft Vacationer
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
Here is a shot of our '78 Burro:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Winter_Burro.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	269.2 KB
ID:	5603

Ah, winter in Oak Park, IL. We had our first blast of winter Friday and the Burro looks like a big frosting covered egg! (Yes, that is a blue tarp covering it. I know some of you don't like covering with a tarp, but the leaves and sticks are hard on it under the big silver maple.)
Kevin A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 04:53 PM   #26

Trailer: 2000 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
after promising awful temps and bad storms for the day, our weather here is just fine.

it is surprising how a big storm can miss by just a few miles. there was a lot of heavy rain to the east and south and we did have terrible wind gusts locally. one of the huge trees on the riverbank has gone down into the water. it must be 30 inches in diameter at 6 feet above the ground......wait a minute, it is now lying on its side in the water with it's roots in the air and a 12 foot hole in the riverbank. it is therefore BELOW the ground. and below the water.

i just noticed that someone's rattan porch furniture is washing around in the water and hitting the tree trunk. all three pieces of furniture. strange but not as strange as the floating refrigerator that went by last year.
potteralice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 05:37 PM   #27

Trailer: 1984 U-Haul 13 ft / Dodge V-6 PU
Friday we had about 5 to 6 inches of drifting snow in my driveway, covering a layer of pure ice that fell the night before.

Now, it has all melted, well 85% anyway. The driveway and sidewalks are clear.

That's one of the nice things about living in Oklahoma. Throw the snow shovel away (haven't owned one in 15 years), sit back a day and let Mother Nature do the work!
drews60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 12:09 AM   #28

Trailer: Boler 17 ft
Sun in November, amazing!

Then snow, fun for the kids -- then rain and rain and rain, just a bit of snow left.

And dark, like this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	christmas_house_06.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	163.5 KB
ID:	5668
CharlynnT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 03:58 AM   #29

Trailer: Boler 13 ft
Quote:
Hi: Here in the Great Lakes Basin it seems like one big "DRAIN OH" I am starting to check E bay for used Pontoons for the Boler Later the water is suposed to turn hard and white... and you know the Weather Guy is never wrong!!! Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie

Hey Alf S, If you get a good deal on the pontoons I am sure you can resell them to me in the spring when we have our melt off.
Weather is not bad actualy
Had 9 inches of snow last week with night temps down in the teens and day temps about 35 F.
Lots of freezing rain and only 2 sunny days this month so far but you don't have to shovel rain so that is a good thing.
Gerry in Western Maine
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 05:20 AM   #30

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Quote:
Hey Alf S, If you get a good deal on the pontoons I am sure you can resell them to me in the spring when we have our melt off.
Weather is not bad actualy
Had 9 inches of snow last week with night temps down in the teens and day temps about 35 F.
Lots of freezing rain and only 2 sunny days this month so far but you don't have to shovel rain so that is a good thing.
Gerry in Western Maine
Hi: Friday was a snow day in London...Avg. snow fall was two feet over night Thur. so they shut down the city...first time since 1977 Our Transit Busses didn't run...so no work!!! where I live though it was two to three inches of snow and very sunny Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie p.s. I always say "Green is a Christmas colour"
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 09:25 AM   #31

Trailer: Y2K6 Bigfoot 25 ft (25B25RQ) & Y2K3 Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Ok, guys... get ready for THIS! It's 9:30 AM in eastern Iowa on December 12th and it's 48*F, fog, a little drizzle, and isolated T-storms forecast for the morning hours. Temps forecast to stay in the high 40s through Monday? Wow! It ain't normal, but I'm LOVIN' it!

Roger
Roger H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 10:14 AM   #32

Trailer: Casita 16 ft 1984 and U-Haul CT13 1985
Registry
Batten down the hatches! A big, wet storm is headed to the northwest coast... In our neck of the woods swells are expected to reach 35 feet by tonight, with 30 foot breaking waves and wind gusts as high as 90 mph at headlands. Be careful out there!
Jeanne and Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 09:48 PM   #33

Trailer: Boler 17 ft
Here's my weather!
Attached Thumbnails
christmas_house_06.jpg  
CharlynnT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 07:50 AM   #34

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
It may not be such a bad thing that I had to cancel my vacation, eh? If I had not had to, I would be leaving tonite for the northwet.
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 08:38 AM   #35

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Make that the windy northwet Gina. It's possible some of the parks you wanted to stay at have been damaged by the high winds
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 09:42 AM   #36

Trailer: 2002 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Gina and all,
There are not a whole lot of places one can go to in the winter and be assured of comfortable temps. The 'snow birds', as we Arizonans call them, flock to our State to hopefully take advantage of warmer weather. Unfortunately, that doesn't always happen as there can be many days of rain and cold.

Here in the eastern mountains, we just resign ourselves to the fact that this time of the year is not the best for traveling. As I type this, we are waiting for a three day snowfall, just natures way of watering the forest here. I am very very glad for those cold snowy days. Not only does the vegetation need moisture, but with each successive snowfall, the risk of an early summer wildfire is reduced. If you have never been through such a thing, believe me, you don't want to. Here, we just kick back, stay in the house and watch the forest morph into a beautiful pure white and dream of the places we will go to this Spring.
Donald Stahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 06:51 PM   #37

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
A little crumby weather bothers me not. I am a native Oregonian. You do expect that this time of year.

Winds that blow the trailer over and drive rain thru the windows.. I had that last year

We are expecting a big dump of snow where I live. I could go home this weekend from where I am "work camping", but don't see the point. Go home to be snowed in..
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote