How long can it last? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-01-2008, 10:42 AM   #1

Trailer: 1989 Bigfoot 17 ft and 1989 Li'l Bigfoot 13 ft
The trade off of the chinook winds of last week is that the weather is still mild here... and going to hold long enough to complete my fence repairs

I took the dog out for her morning walk IN MY SANDALS today, NOVEMBER 1st!! This is not a normal experience here north of 52, I think it would have been a great weekend to go camping!

Dodging the snow and cold weather this far into the year is so great Hope it lasts a lot longer!

Are other people having unseasonably warm weather this fall?
Lainey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 11:02 AM   #2

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
we have had the heat AND the winds.

sigh, I remember the "Chinook" winds.. such a pleasant name. There, they bring fire in the fireplace and soup in the kitchen.

Here it's the Santa Anas (Devil wind).. and with it brings fire.. everywhere...ugh!
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 11:18 AM   #3

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
It's starting to rain here in Portland and expected to rain/shower off and on for the next week. Sigh. It was warm last night; 57 degrees at 7pm. What I dread is the ole Pineapple Express. It sounds lovely doesn't it. It SHOULD mean warm weather and a drink with a pineapple slice.... think Mai Tai. Instead it means torrential downpours and flooding. Wikipedia - Pineapple Express

Now where are those soup recipes ....
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 06:49 PM   #4

Trailer: 1976 Trillium 13 ft
On Vancouver Island we have a wide variety of deciduous trees that turn a variety of yellows and oranges. However, we always have a giant wind and rain storm that blows them all away early in October. This is the first year I can remember where we are getting the full beauty of our fall this late in the year.

... of course, it being Nov. on the Wet Coast we are right into 4 months of solid rain.
Booker B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 07:31 AM   #5

Trailer: 1990 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
So far, so good here in Manitoba. Didn't even freeze last night, and no snow yet. The fall Greenback (walleye/pickerel) run in the Red River has not been up to scratch, probably due to high flows/silt from all the fall rains. Fall has been a continuous run of high winds, so the leaves are long gone. I am reluctantly winterizing the trailer; I had been hoping for one last run to Lake Audi in Riding Mountain National Park, or at least to Otter Falls in the Whiteshell. Time to charge the battery in the snowmobile and hunker down for another winter...
Cam A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 03:28 AM   #6

Trailer: Boler 13 ft
Maine has gotten down to the 20's but the white stuff has just been light.
Let's hope we don't get another winter like it was last year.
I couldn't convince the wife that we could get a bit more camping in but maybe I just had to show her the pictures of last winter and she would want to keep hold of Fall just a bit longer.
Gerry
Attached Thumbnails
Clearing_Banks.JPG  
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote