How Many Burro 13's exist? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-18-2011, 08:49 PM   #21

Trailer: Bambi
Bought one today

I stumbled upon a 1982 Burro 2 days ago, looked at it today and about 20 minutes later it was mine. It has the icebox, stove, sink, hand water pump and water tank intact but it does need some work. Got it from someone who bought it 4 years ago and had never moved it since then. It is very green but will get a good cleaning over the weekend.

Have never owned a fiberglass trailer before but the body looks pretty good under that green. Don't know all that much about them or where to get stuff to fix it with but I hope to learn here about how to bring it back into shape. It has a couple cracked windows and I'm guessing that those can be repaired with regular glass. They will get the duct tape treatment before I tow it home to prevent any parts from falling out. It's within 4 miles of my house so hopefully the air will hold in the tires for the short ride.

Sources for parts and general repair stuff info appreciated!
Jane D.
Jane D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 08:58 PM   #22

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane D. View Post
It's within 4 miles of my house so hopefully the air will hold in the tires for the short ride.
Jane D.
Good for you Jane

Owners have traveled miles and miles to find their rollin' home and here you found one just minutes from you.. too cool!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 09:14 PM   #23

Name: charles
Trailer: 1981 Burro
Colorado
Does anyone know where I can get parts for a Cat heater?I have one in my Burro and need a new solenoid.Thanks,Chaz
chazfritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 09:32 PM   #24

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Hey Charles, welcome to FiberglassRV.. we're glad you found us. So... what model of Cat heater and BTW do you have pics of your 1981 Burro you'd like to share?
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 09:06 AM   #25

Name: charles
Trailer: 1981 Burro
Colorado
Thanks for getting back to me.The "Cat" is a 6,000 BTU model which is all the info.I have on it other than it was made by thermal systems Inc. from Tumwater WA..Hooked it up to 110 and pretty sure I fried the solenoid.Can operate it manually but thats a drag when you have a thermostat.Any help would be appreciated.No photos yet.Thanks,Chaz
chazfritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 11:18 AM   #26

Trailer: U-Haul 16 ft Vacationer
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
We had a 1978 13' Burro prior to owning our UHaul VT. I think they were made a few years before 1978, too.
Kevin A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 12:20 PM   #27

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane D. View Post
I stumbled upon a 1982 Burro 2 days ago, looked at it today and about 20 minutes later it was mine.

Congrat's! Welcome to our world!

It is very green but will get a good cleaning over the weekend.
Green? Cute! Nothing wrong with green................

Jane D.

Again, Welcome glad you found us!
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 08:14 PM   #28

Trailer: Tent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Frog View Post
You mentioned that it was a used fridge unit, Mike... do you think that was the problem, since everything else seems to have been well and properly in place? Importantly, when you get your new Burro, will you be using a tri-power fridge in it as well?

Sorry I have been away for quite a while. Yes I would install a three way fridge again. I have always had at least a two way, and have felt safe and comfortable. That said I would probably not purchase used, at least without know where it came from and how long it has been out of a camper. The most plausible explanation is that the fridge itself had a leak of some sort that went undetected.

The short answer to your questions is Yes. The search continues, and to Donna's point I have expanded the brands I would buy well beyond a Burro.

Mike

Tags
burro