How Many FGRV's are out there - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-04-2015, 12:31 PM   #1

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
How Many FGRV's are out there

I just copied this from ARNOLD's post in another thread so as to not hijack that thread: Quote:
"We have driven my truck over 10,000 miles in the last two months, without a trailer. We look out for and count FB trailers. We have counted 23 in the last two months. That equals 46 big smiles for me and my wife. If you look in the tow vehicles for some strange those people are smiling also. 66 days and counting till we pick up our new Casita, smiling already."

And it helps support showing what a very small segment of the RV community we represent. Considering that they were counting oncoming FGRV's as well, that adds up to a lot more than just 12,000 miles.

Earlier this week, on a 1,250 mile, south to north, drive in the western states, I again, tried to determine some kind of ratio between stickies and FGRV's and, as has been the case in the past, the numbers were so skewed as to be statistically meaningless.

Arnold and his wife saw less that 1 FGRV every 500 miles or about 1 every 2-3 days. My count for 1250 miles in two days was exactly 3 FGRV's, two Casita's and 1 Scamp, and one of the Casita's was on a roll-off truck with what looked like a detached wheel.

But, at the same time I had to give up trying to count other trailers of all sizes as the numbers soon got into the 300's.

What to do??? Easy, as it looks like we are really the 1%ers of the RV world, we should stop by our local Harley-Davidson store and stock up on those 1%er badges, stickers and appropriate dress for that 1% group, SCAMP logo'ed do-rags and all....

This week we all know who the Hells Angels, Banditos, Gypsies and Vago's are, and they get a lot of publicity for being 1%ers, now we can do the same........

And, with that sticker on your coaches door, who would dare to knock with trouble in mind. BUT You might want to cover it while on the road.

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 09:34 AM   #2

Name: Arnold
Trailer: 2015 Casita 17' Spirit Deluxe
California
Counting FGRV's

Bob, 4 of the FGRV's we counted were at Mayport NAS in Jackson, Florida. They rent them out to service members. One we counted was on the road right in front of the Casita factory. We count on the road, storage lots, back yards anywhere we see them except on the Casita property. Bob, we are 1%s are proud of it. See you on the road.
Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 11:24 AM   #3

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
Not including the six in my yard, there are two other Trilliums in my neighborhood. One is this one:
Trillium 13ft | travel trailers, campers | Calgary | Kijiji
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 11:38 AM   #4

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
I was only counting those that were actually in use at the time, both for FGRV's and sticky's. On the west coast the sticky number will head for the moon if you count all those seen in storage yards and driveways along the way.

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 11:44 AM   #5

Name: Arnold
Trailer: 2015 Casita 17' Spirit Deluxe
California
Bob, What town are living in? I'm in Yucca Valley.
Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 03:04 PM   #6

Name: Bob
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA
W. Mass
I've yet to see one this year. Over the last 10 years we've been camping I'd guess we see less then a dozen a year, probably a good deal less. Big difference between the east and west coast.
Old 06-05-2015, 03:13 PM   #7

Name: Adrian
Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA
Manitoba
On our trip from KS to TX saw only one egg, a Casita, but then it was January!

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 03:19 PM   #8

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 16
Michigan
Let me see out in the driveway is one. Covering the US to check for others will take some time. Now nobody move until I count you!

FGRV's are just uncommonly classy.
RogerDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 04:36 PM   #9

Name: Bob
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA
W. Mass
I make it 2 RogerDat.