How many trailers? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 02-26-2012, 10:09 AM   #15
Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
I'm a one trailer (at a time) gal... and have only owned ONE. At this stage in my life, I can no longer afford to make financial mistakes through hit and miss decisions. My 24 year old Scamp currently fits my needs and camping style. BUT, when the time comes I'll have my forever rig. And, I'm actually waffling between an Escape 5.0 and a molded truck camper (did I say that ). Only time (and finances) will tell....

Donna D.
Ten Forward - 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Double Yolk - 1988 16' Scamp Deluxe
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 10:19 AM   #16
Name: Raz
Trailer: Trillium 2010
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
I'm a one trailer (at a time) gal... and have only owned ONE. At this stage in my life, I can no longer afford to make financial mistakes through hit and miss decisions. My 24 year old Scamp currently fits my needs and camping style. BUT, when the time comes I'll have my forever rig. And, I'm actually waffling between an Escape 5.0 and a molded truck camper (did I say that ). Only time (and finances) will tell....
Is there a Bigfoot in your future.

Raz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 10:51 AM   #17
Name: Gina D.
Trailer: '77 Leocraft 17 & Former Burro owner and fan!
West Coast USA
Perfect is as perfect does.

They are only perfect if they meet your needs *at the time*

I have had 2 pop ups, 2 Burros, a motorhome, a 15 ft sticky and now my Leocraft.

Outside of the motorhome, I can say I was happy with ALL of them *At the time* but my needs changed so I moved on to the next.

Is this one perfect? It is for me and my herd right now, but I am sure it isn't my last rig.
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 11:57 AM   #18
Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Have done the motorhome of different sizes and the camper truck but the current is the closest to perfect so far. The others I found a hassle camping with as you had to pack up everything to go sight seeing not to mention the mpg wasn't very good. Scared me too much having to take the camper off the truck... always worried something would go wrong and the whole thing would fall over.

The current trailer isn't perfect for what I foresee needing for longer trips in the future - I want a trailer 1' longer with a front dinette. :-)
Carol H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 12:24 PM   #19
Name: Cathy
Trailer: In the Market
Over the last 26 years, 3 pop-ups (1 new), micro-minnie MH, Class C, 5th wheel and travel trailer (new). None were perfect but truly I loved the pop-ups because they were so much better than a tent but so open and as I thought about this, I wondered how "confining" a fiberglass TT would be although my thought was to get one of the smallest (bedroom) and spend my time outside. I do not like to be inside but if I have a door and window open, I can stand confinement. I totally understand that for anyone doing this over many years, needs and desires change.
Cathy P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 01:26 PM   #20
Name: Laura
Trailer: Winnebago
Good Question, it makes me start counting
1 Old used Hilo, wore it out
2 Used Holiday Rambler, brakes didn't work
3 Used Coachman, too heavy for Tow Vehicle
4 New KZ, Too much outside air infiltration,
5 New Tab, ceiling to low, & kept falling apart
6 Wildcat 5th wheel, too expensive to keep up and tow (now for sale)
7 Aliner Sport, loved it if only one of us was in it. Just sold it
Laura June is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 03:53 PM   #21
Name: Karalyn
Trailer: Eggless for now but looking. currently own Amerilite 21 ft
Lets see now, first Scotty, then a bigger Scotty, then kids arrived, got a starcraft pop up, then an apache hard side pop up, then needed money, sold the Apache, and went back to tent. Finally another pop up, then broke my wrist I got a Scamp (no toilet or shower). Sold the Scamp for a self contained Casita. Then got the Amerilite for more room inside the camper. Sold the Casita, found out Amerilite costs a fortune to haul, so bought another Scamp. Hubby hated the Scamp and the Casita because they are so small, so I sold it.
Am I, I want a camper not hard on gas when towing. Looking now for another Casita.
I think so far about 10 campers/tents.
Money will buy a fine dog, but only kindness will make him wag his tail.

Karalyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 04:26 PM   #22
Name: theresa
Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
New Brunswick
we have had 3 tent trailers over the years--and i think the "newest" one was about 25 years old when we bought it. needless to say, each and every time we set the darn thing up, there i was with my sewing kit to repair or patch some wayward piece of zipper or canvas. got sick of it, but it was so wonderful to be up off of the ground! finally, once the boys were all grown and we were financially able to purchase something newer, we decided to look for a small trailer, something we could slip into for lunch or a cup of tea without having to do a major set-up. with both of us having grown up in the toronto area (ontario), we knew about trillium trailers, since they were manufactured very close to there. and we have had ours for 7 years and absolutely love it. it is our forever-for-now trailer. we cannot see ourselves trading it---but we do not know what the future brings and so we only can plan for now. and for now, it is perfect.
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 06:33 PM   #23
Name: Pam
Trailer: U-Haul 1985
I'm not looking for the 'perfect' trailer for me (actually I don't like that word). I love 'imperfection' because it has so much potential. So I'm not looking for the 'perfect' trailer, I'm just enjoying the one that I have.
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 07:44 PM   #24
Name: George
Trailer: Waiting for the Sprinter van and designing the converion modules.
Still looking

1977 VW Westfalia,
1985 VW Westfalia EU delivery, got too small for our family,
1990 19 Sticky Fleetwood, did not work with the boat,
1997 9.5' Bigfoot Camper,
2008 21 Bigfoot trailer hoped to be the permanent solution, but, it is not,
Later this year or 2013 15-16 Casita, Scamp, Escape or Sprinter or alike van conversion.

GeorgeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 09:20 PM   #25
Name: bob
Trailer: 1984 u-haul ct13; 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
We have had only 4 campers in the last 35 years and still have 3 of them. First one was an Apache popup, kept it a couple years and then sold it and bought a 73 Starcraft popup in 1978, recanvassed it about 8 years ago, still have it. In 2008 bought a 1946 teardrop, restored it, still use it. Last August bought a '84 CT13 Uhaul, use it when not camping in the teardrop. Maybe someday move up to a 16 or 17 foot fiberglass camper, like a Casita if we find a good deal. Bob
mary and bob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 06:16 AM   #26
Name: john
Trailer: scamp 13
i guess five , two different pickup trucks with caps that we camped in a lot early in life. one monster motorhome, where we discovered that all we ever used it for was sleeping. one home built teardrop, it's perfect for me and my dog to go hunting in, but mama wants to be able to stand up and get dressed. and now we pick up our scamp 13 in about three weeks. so we will see how that goes.
john warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 12:18 PM   #27
Trailer: 2001 13 ft Scamp / 1993 Jeep Cherokee
It took just one. My one and only "Little Marshmallow" Puff. On occasions people ask me about purchasing a larger or different trailer and I simply reply: "Why!! I got all I need, which is just about everything, in my little Scamp"

Maybe if I full timed I'd think about something larger but I'm not so sure about that. I love my 13 footer.
Joy A. & Lily
and "Puff", too
No. Ca. Sierra Foothills
Joy A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 05:19 PM   #28
Name: Dan
Trailer: 1976 Scamp 13 ft "Siesta"
I think the perfect trailer changes by different circumstances in life. Our 13 scamp fits perfect for our life right now, but I'm in the process of designing one that will be completely scratch built for full time use, as I couldn't find anything I liked yet. If something comes up that I can restore/ change that meets our needs, that's still an option. When that one is done, it will be perfect for full time use, but if we go back to a permanent home after full timing, it will probably changed back to something smaller, which will then be the perfect trailer at that time.

Dan H

Just for fun Photo Website -
DannyH is offline   Reply With Quote