How Many Units Being Manufactured? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-24-2012, 12:38 PM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
How Many Units Being Manufactured?

Curiosity has gotten the best of me. I have been looking through the internet for used units and found that Casita appears to have the most units available. I looked for Scamp, Escape and Eggcamper. What I was thinking was that with the location of Casita's factory/sales that may very well be why they seem to have so many units out there. You know, "location, location, location". Being in the middle of the US, don't see many units of any kind here - well, don't see anything here period! I am in the debating new/used and might be moving up my purchase date. I do wonder just how many units Scamp manufactures compared to Casita. I think they are all good units and not even sure one is better than another just different. I could write a book on the problems with stick built!
Cathy P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 01:27 PM   #2

Name: Mark
Trailer: 1969 Boler (Flat Top)
British Columbia
Registry
Definitely location, location, location! I can't tell you manufacturing #'s on brands but I can tell you that in BC and the rest of Canada about 90% of the eggs are Bolers They haven't even been manufactured for decades. However, I've only been an addict er.. a FGRV fan for several months. Other trailers I see fore sale up here are trilliums and surfsides. Maybe an odd scamp, carefree or dolphin. From what I've learned here companies like escape are newcomers to the industry and may have lower production levels, combined with high customer "egg retention" levels. You know, "Hands off! get your own egg!"
WildBirder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 01:49 PM   #3

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
As I understand it,...Scamp now has a build capacity of about 750 trailers per year.
Pre-fire(2006) the capacity was closer to 400.
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 02:04 PM   #4
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
Someone suggested about 400/yr for Casita and 100/yr for Escape. Raz
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 03:01 PM   #5

Trailer: Casita Patriot Standard
I have a Casita on order and was told at the factory that they are manufacturing 700 trailers a year.

Karen
Karen M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 05:55 PM   #6
Raz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen M View Post
I have a Casita on order and was told at the factory that they are manufacturing 700 trailers a year.

Karen
Thanks for the correction. When is the hatching? Raz
Old 01-24-2012, 06:01 PM   #7

Trailer: Casita Patriot Standard
February 6

Just sold my Patriot Standard to a sweet 72 year old lady (hope she has as much fun in it as I did) and I'm ready for the trailer I hope to travel all North America in the next 10 years. Got mods planned.. some trips planned...
whoohoo

Karen
Karen M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 06:06 PM   #8
Raz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen M View Post
February 6

Just sold my Patriot Standard to a sweet 72 year old lady (hope she has as much fun in it as I did) and I'm ready for the trailer I hope to travel all North America in the next 10 years. Got mods planned.. some trips planned...
whoohoo

Karen
Very close, good for you. I bet you don't sleep the night of the 5th. I couldn't. Kinda like Christmas eve when you were a kid. Remember, we like pictures. Raz
Old 01-27-2012, 12:25 PM   #9

Name: john
Trailer: scamp 13
Michigan
well, i just ordered my scamp, i think from my research,,,the scarcity is caused by the people that buy them , love them too much to sell them. and when they do come up for sale, a good unit seems to be sold before i can get home and tell my wife about it.
i have noticed that fairly new in good units cost so close to a new one,,,well,,, my egg will hatch march 19th...
john warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 05:11 PM   #10
Raz

Quote:
Originally Posted by john warren View Post
well, i just ordered my scamp, i think from my research,,,the scarcity is caused by the people that buy them , love them too much to sell them. and when they do come up for sale, a good unit seems to be sold before i can get home and tell my wife about it.
i have noticed that fairly new in good units cost so close to a new one,,,well,,, my egg will hatch march 19th...
Congratulations. I couldn't agree more as far as prices of new vs almost new. As I said to Karen, enjoy the excitement and remember, we like pictures. Raz
Old 01-27-2012, 11:51 PM   #11
Commercial Member

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
You may not know that Escape will make a custom trailer for you with almost any option you want. If you don't want the standard Formica all you have to do is give them the number you like and will be in your trailer, for no charge. If you want different fabric you can send your fabric to the factory and they will have it done for you. We ordered a stove with oven, extra tail lights on both sides of rear window and we ordered the front storage box.
Deb & Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote