How much RV anti-freeze to put in G/B tanks while using? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-24-2016, 09:46 PM   #1

Name: K
Trailer: C
Iowa
How much RV anti-freeze to put in G/B tanks while using?

Is the RV/Marine anti-freeze supposed to mixed with water, or replace the water, in the valves and pipes?

I am not "winterizing" the RV, I will still be using the RV.
whoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 06:36 AM   #2

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoot View Post
Is the RV/Marine anti-freeze supposed to mixed with water, or replace the water, in the valves and pipes?

I am not "winterizing" the RV, I will still be using the RV.
Standard " Pink" RV antifreeze is pre diluted and is designed to be used full strength and to displace /replace the water .
The - 50 below rating for RV antifreeze is not its freeze point.
The antifreeze turns to a,slush but does not expand and burst water / plumbing lines / valves.
From the chart I saw , diluted RV antifreeze -- 1:4 ratio (water / antifreeze) has a freeze point just slightly below plain water.

We have used our trailer during the November deer hunting season and have used -35 below F washer fluid in the black tank .It's cheaper and does give better freeze protection. If nighttime lows are only slightly below freezing and go above freezing during the the day ,I would not be overly concerned about your plumbing freezing up.

NOTE ** Windshield washer fluid is toxic, so you need to dispose of it properly and only use it in your black and gray tanks.
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote