How much should I sell my Casita for? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 01-27-2016, 03:06 AM   #15

Name: Lynn
Trailer: Casita Spirit 16'
Indiana
In Real Estate, I always tell sellers that the best way to price a home is to predict its market value, and list just above that. The best way to predict market value is to look at the sales price of homes like yours, near yours, that have sold in the most recent past. Then adjust up/down for differences in features, quality, and condition. I suspect pricing a portable home-away-from-home is much the same.

In Nov 2015, I drove from Indianapolis to Michigan and paid $6500 for a 1999, 16 ft mint condition Casita Spirit with double bunks, ice box, and no bath. There is no heater/AC/water heater/awning. It does have a fantasic fan, new fresh water tank and lines, 5 new tires, all new vinyl blinds. The original upholstery and carpet inside looks perfect. The exterior was just hand washed and buffed.

Hope that helps.

Old 01-27-2016, 06:22 AM   #16

Name: Roger
Trailer: Y2K6 Born Free 32RQ on the Kodiak chassis, 1995 Coachmen 19' B-van and 1996 Precision 21' Sailboat
Iowa
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellduh326 View Post
Wow Roger, I think your the one that's been texting me for the last 3 days about a Serger I'm selling on Craig's List!!!! The exact same script! They've tried every variation you listed!
But did you send your overnight check to my address and phone # I finally gave you today? ___ Police Dept (substitute false name for me), ___ address and phone number (direct line to the Fraud and Identity Theft Division)? You never called me back????!!!!! Whaz UP?
I'm sorry, Denise, but my phone is broken... oh yeah... and I forgot that I told you... I'm deaf, so I couldn't call... but if you'll just send me a check in any amount, I'll have my shipper come and pick up your item tomorrow too. My nephew who is doing relief work in Siberia really needs it. But you can trust me. My father is a Priest... or a Minister. I forgot what I told you, but anyway you can trust me.

Roger

Old 01-27-2016, 06:26 AM   #17

Name: Roger
Trailer: Y2K6 Born Free 32RQ on the Kodiak chassis, 1995 Coachmen 19' B-van and 1996 Precision 21' Sailboat
Iowa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monte W View Post
Hi Gang, First let me say Happy New Year to everyone! I am in the middle of restoring my 75 Perris Pacer which I plan to keep for camping. I also own a Mint condition 1994 Casita 13 foot trailer that still looks almost new inside and out. My question to everyone is I'm thinking about selling it in the future and was hoping to get about 7200.00 for it. Would love to get some feed back from people. Is this too high or low? I don't think anyone will find a cleaner 94 than this one! Any help would be nice.
All the best, Monte
Back on point, Monte (sorry I hijacked your thread) you've gotten good advice here. I've bought and sold more than my fair share of fiberglass trailers over the years. Find recent comps and adjust your price according to condition. Your trailer is worth exactly what someone will pay for it... if you under-price it you'll have it sold in a couple of days. If it's average, it'll take a week to a month. If you over-price it, but it's pristine it'll take a little longer but it'll still sell.

Good luck with your Perris Pacer. i remember when the factory was going in Orange County... I used to drive past it on the freeway from time to time. They were great little trailers.

Roger
Old 01-27-2016, 07:15 AM   #18

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Casita 13s are relatively uncommon. Is yours a deluxe or a standard? Advice given is correct. Go to the archives here and at fiberglass-rv-4sale and find comps. There probably won't be many. Similarly equipped Scamp 13s usually sell for comparable prices, so that might give you a bit more to go on. Adjust for age, condition, features, location (major urban areas on the East and West Coasts are usually higher), and season. Allow some negotiating room, and up or down depending on whether you want a quick sale or can wait for the right buyer.

In addition to good pictures, you might also want to get the empty trailer weighed. People looking at 13' eggs often have smaller tow vehicles, and they will ask.

Best wishes, Monte!
Old 01-27-2016, 07:36 AM   #19

Name: Monte
Trailer: Perris Pacer
California
Registry
Thanks Jon, Great advice for sure. I just want to get fine value for this trailer! She's very very clean. I was diving at the ocean with a buddy and had several ask me if I wanted to sell it and at the time i didn't. Had one lady ask me if I'd take 8000.00 for it. I thought she was just throwing that out there and I said no.
Old 01-27-2016, 07:26 PM   #20

Name: Bill
Trailer: 2016 Scamp 13 Deluxe Birch w/front dinette
Wisconsin
Registry
Monte

Can you put some pictures up?

(2) Big Green Eggs for cooking..(1) Egg for camping
BillE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 07:47 PM   #21

California
Registry
How much should I sell my Casita for?

Here's one of the pictures! This was on a dive trip to Ocean Cove on highway one in Northern California. If you click on my name and then go to registry , you'll see three pictures of the trailer.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0475.jpg  
Old 01-27-2016, 09:37 PM   #22

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry

Post deleted... see you got your answer on another thread.
Old 01-27-2016, 10:13 PM   #23

California
Registry

Here's some more pictures!
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0477.jpg   IMG_0469.jpg  

IMG_0470.jpg  

Tags
casita