How to hang pictures and other decor on the carpeted walls of a Casita? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-16-2019, 01:45 PM   #1

Name: Lisle
Trailer: 2018 Casita Spirit Deiuxe
Massachusetts
Registry
How to hang pictures and other decor on the carpeted walls of a Casita?

Just got mine and want to hang a lightweight picture, but not sure how. Don't want it to shake loose while driving. I'm sure someone has figured this out?
Thanks!
Lisle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 06:57 PM   #2

Name: Dave
Trailer: 2019 Casita SD, former HiLo and Sunline
Florida
Walmart saves the day

Walmart sells packages of drapery hooks for less than $1.00. Bend the pointy part out a little and hook into the carpet, then you can hang lightweight stuff on them. Easy to remove or relocate.
Dave40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 07:25 PM   #3

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
Is the wall covering a glued on carpet / marine headliner, like in a Scamp? If so then office cubical hooks work very well. The pins go into the fabric and the clip part holds the light weight item:

https://www.amazon.com/1InTheOffice-.../dp/B07KFQRXHP

But if it is glued on fabric (like a Scamp) then I would advise against trying to mount anything much heavier than a piece of cardboard. Its like a major earthquake in the trailer when you on are on the road, and anything attached to the wall covering will tend to pull it off the walls.
gordon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 07:38 PM   #4

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
I think that somebody that really wants to hang pictures on the walls of their trailer, no matter the size, is more interested in something other than camping.
Campers spend most of their time camping outside.
Old 07-16-2019, 08:39 PM   #5

Name: J
Isle of Wight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron Kinnaman View Post
I think that somebody that really wants to hang pictures on the walls of their trailer, no matter the size, is more interested in something other than camping.
Campers spend most of their time camping outside.
Nice friendly attitude as usual....
WizWid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 10:21 PM   #6

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
My wife gave me a 4" X 6" picture of something when we got the trailer 11 years ago ( fly fisher, I think ). I never got around to mounting it. I figure there is already enough stuff inside the trailer. I don't need more clutter.
I suggest taking a picture of the picture and propping your iPhone up against a wall, if you must.
Find myself on the same page as Byron for the first time in history.
Old 07-16-2019, 11:00 PM   #7

Trailer: 1998 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe / Red F150 X-Cab
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisle View Post
Just got mine and want to hang a lightweight picture, but not sure how. Don't want it to shake loose while driving. I'm sure someone has figured this out?
Thanks!
Lisle, please ignore Byron and Glenn. Dave gave you good advice. You can hang lots of things with drapery hooks. Not just pictures (which for us women makes our trailer homey and comfy and an extension of ourselves), but homemade paper towel holders and pocket holder divider things and other stuff too. As the trailer gets older, the carpet gets harder to push them through, and it takes a little more work!

In addition, you might consider getting a smaller than two foot shower rod and smushing it at the base of the closet between the doorway and bathroom maybe four inches or so off the ground. You can stick about four pairs of shoes upright behind it. Got my rod at Target.

They also have $5 small pocket dividers for dorm room beds right now that fit perfectly between the back and side windows to hold a water bottle, glasses, cell phone, book and chapstick. Now my husband doesn’t have to pass things back and forth to me all the time.
Lisa M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 12:22 AM   #8

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Quote:
Thanks!
Lisle, I don't have anything on the walls BUT I can tell you of the strength of the Casita's carpet being glued to the walls. I pulled the rear bench to install a deck plate on the fresh tank and took advantage of having access to the wiring to change out the outside lights. The wiring is between the shell and carpet and the carpet was a BEAR to pull it away from the shell. I think I'd be more concerned with having a good connection that won't come loose from whatever you're hanging than the hook shacking/popping out of the carpet.
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 07:14 AM   #9

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
Check at an office supply house or Amazon as there are "cubicle hooks"

As far as hanging pictures, I can see hanging a picture of our very first dog, long gone now. He loved camping and will always be missed. I would still call it camping. I could also see hanging up a before picture on our Trillium I have restored. If someone has a problem with that..... I also never let someone else define camping for me. My definition is mine. And its surely different than others. Does not matter. There is no right or wrong, its whatever works for you. Anything that gets you out more, increases enjoyment, and so on, those are good in my book.

There are a couple of different styles. Not sure picture will remain in place while traveling.

https://www.amazon.com/Advantus-Pane...3368981&sr=1-4.

https://www.amazon.com/1InTheOffice-...368981&sr=1-18
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 07:33 AM   #10

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Curtain hooks or cubicle hooks are both good solutions. You will probably want to take the item down for for towing, leaving the hook in place.

The internet abounds with really cute campers. Realize they have been staged for photography. I dare say most small trailers acquire a more lived-in look after a few days’ actual use. Don’t go overboard with non-essentials on your first trip. You’ll find the right balance between aesthetics and function over time.

In the end it’s your trailer and you can make it look however you want. “Camping” is a broad term and means different things to different people. Enjoy finding your own style of travel!
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 07:44 AM   #11

Trailer: Escape 21C
New York
Registry
Depending on your refrigerator model, you may be able to replace the front panel(s) with a photo.

Here is what I did with my Escape 17 & 21:
Attached Thumbnails
_DSC6730.jpg   IMG_0046.jpg  

Jon Vermilye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 07:46 AM   #12

Arizona
Registry
Way cool, Jon! Details...?

I’ve also considered turning some of our Scamp cabinet doors into picture frames. Cut out the middle and rout out a place to insert a picture from the back (they’re just cheap MDF slabs).
Old 07-17-2019, 07:58 AM   #13

New York
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon in AZ View Post
Way cool, Jon! Details...?
The 17 photo was printed and matte laminated to my size dimensions by Poster Brain, and dry mounted to 1/8" foam core. It is a photo of a ruin called "House on Fire" in Mule Valley, UT.

The 21 photos were also done by Poster Brain, but they now only do gloss laminations, and the quality is not up to what it was with the previous print. I would not recommend them any more.

As to the prints, the top is Whitehorse Falls along OR 138, and the bottom is Devils Tower & the Milky Way.
Jon Vermilye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 08:06 AM   #14

Arizona
Registry
Thanks! 1/8” foam core. That’s what I was wondering about.
Old 07-17-2019, 10:03 AM   #15

Name: Lisle
Trailer: 2018 Casita Spirit Deiuxe
Massachusetts
Registry
Thanks for the good ideas everyone! Don't think I'll overdecorate and also want a few pretty things to make it my own. The hooks mentioned sound great. And I'll improvise.
Lisle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 04:58 PM   #16

Name: Jann
Trailer: Casita
Colorado
Quote:
Thanks!
We have pictures of people, animals, hanging items like sun catchers, etc on our Casita walls. If it is a picture I made sure the clear front was plastic and not glass, if it is I take it down to prevent it from falling. If it is on a string like my sun catcher I leave it up since it won't pop off. I use the pin type curtain hooks with a sharp end going into the carpet and hang into the other end. They stay up forever. So far after 12 years no problems. Put what you want up to make it your space to your liking.
Jann Todd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 07:29 AM   #17

Name: Fredrick
Tennessee
totes

We found a set of clear plastic totes like these https://www.homedepot.com/p/Sterilit...8606/204724998

and use 2 of them (~ 15" deep ones)atop the rear storage cabinet, jammed between the cushions of our Independence twin beds to hold clothes. They are tightly jammed in and have served for months for handy clothes storage + they become handy "bedside tables" for drinks glasses, phones etc ...plus you can see into them and tell about where to look for a particular item. I am sure you can measure that space and get similar totes from other stores, like WW etc. Make sure the lids snap on w closures at each end. If you do not have the Indy beds, I do not know what to do as I am only familiar w our setup. Sorry.

WE sometimes add shorter totes on top of those two..maybe 6" deep ones, for more storage, but only one bks two interefere w the blinds. Grrr. The short totes go under the bed storage areas, making it easier to retrieve stuff from those infernal spaces in the Cassita under-bed storage areas. Make no mistake..we are glad to HAVE the storage areas, but old age makes accessing the areas "down there" a real pain.
Fred762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 10:06 AM   #18

Name: Sandra
Trailer: 2006 EggCamper #35
Florida
Registry
Thumbs up Going to IKEA

Hi all,

Interesting thread. As a new owner of a Fiberglass RV with hopes of a Rally/ open house in future - I do plan to decorate. I'm excited to have the trailer and decorating is a way to express our (mine and DH) quirky personalities. Plus I'm recovering from surgery - so it gives me an outlet for my RV energy until we can camp in Fall
I have tent camped, canoe camped and backpacked - but RVs provide the chance for creature comforts so I'll take advantage We plan to make this Fiberglass Egg our own not only for enjoyment but also with adaptations to accommodate our physical abilities/needs. What I've seen online of camper renovation is impressive. We look forward to getting out there and meetings others in Fall.
Good luck with wall mounting, in EggCamper the walls are solid fiberglass so I'm looking at Command Hooks, at work I've mounted things in the mobile clinic (carpet walls) with industrial Velcro.

Sandy
Occupational therapist - putting the FUN in Functional
SandyNorthFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 09:07 PM   #19

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
Try and see if the hook side of Velcro will stick well to the carpeting. If so they you can mount your pictures to the wall that way.
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 11:00 PM   #20

Name: Fredrick
Tennessee
Exclamation totes

BTW thre name of the clear totes wh I mentioned above is Sterlte Modular stackers
Fred762 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
casita, eco