How to search for a good Egg - Fiberglass RV

Old 01-01-2015, 10:12 AM   #1

Name: Dan
Trailer: Scamp
New York
How to search for a good Egg

Looking to downsize from our 26 ft bunkhouse TT to an egg. Now that the kids are grown and no longer traveling with us do not want the hasle of a bigger TT. Looking for the right fixer upper isn't easy. Stumbled across this site and am very impressed with the depth of knowledge and the fellowship.
Just dodged a bullet yesterday. 16 year old son and I drove 6 hrs to Ohio to purchase a Boler. Price looked right online for a fixer upper (I prefer to do this) but then when we got there we were looking at guy who picked up a 500 beat up egg out of the field and was trying to make a 1500 off of it. I understand these trailers are hard to find and some people maybe willing to pay what he was asking but... after the stink of mouse urine over came me I came to my senses. I don't know if I taught my son or he taught me a valuable lesson - some times you have to know when to walk away and in this case no when to run.... Oh well 12 hrs on the road with my youngest and him getting some quality driving in lake effect snow.
Will find what were looking for, will use this site for ideas and insight. Any thoughts on buying an egg, what to look for what to avoid. I told the seller it would have been helpful if he had told me the mice had infested the trailer (wires nibbled on ensolite soaked in urine) Notice much for sale up in Canada -- anyone know how hard it is to re-title and get back into the states (fees, towing etc). Thanks for any advice or suggestions.

Old 01-01-2015, 10:23 AM   #2

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
I answered your welcome post: Switched thinking from teardrop to Egg

Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 11:12 AM   #3

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
In addition to the suggestions on your welcome post, it couldn't hurt to post in the wanted section here and on fiberglass-rv-4sale.com. Just read the posting guidelines and guard your personal contact information. The more information you give about size, condition, budget, features,... the more likely you are to get helpful leads.

Meantime, browse the forum, learn to use the search feature, and learn as much as you can.

Good luck with your "egg hunt"!
Old 01-01-2015, 11:45 PM   #4

Name: Tom
Trailer: scamp
Michigan
How to find a good egg? First, look for a free-range chicken...
Old 01-02-2015, 12:38 AM   #5

Name: John
Trailer: 2000 16 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomKat View Post
How to find a good egg? First, look for a free-range chicken...
I know you meant the quote as a joke, but I have a hunch that "free-range" is an advertisement gimmick to trick the gullible into paying more for something that really is not "free" at all. Think about it. Does one wander the countryside searching out nests from which to gather eggs from hens and roosters who themselves are wandering the countryside free? And just how "free" are those lip-smacking, succulent, "free-range" chickens served up on our plates?
Old 01-02-2015, 12:54 AM   #6

Name: John
Trailer: 2000 16 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Florida
dbl