How traumatic is the switch to a Mac? - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-10-2008, 09:15 PM   #41

Trailer: 1987 13 ft Casita
Love the Mac. Find PCs very difficult to move around in. I started on a Mac in advertising so I'm a bit biased that direction.

I was tired of attempting to help my Dad on his PC laptop over the phone with my limited knowledge of the various Windows editions. My sister had already come over to "the Dark Side" so we just needed to move my Dad over.

We did it and he's 81! Very technologically challenged! The problems he has now is I think the iBook keyboard is smaller than his old PC (that was crashing every other day). He is 6'3" and has big hands to go with that frame. He complains at times that the Mac just erased his entire email he spent forever typing...I think his big fingers got in the way! He really has huge hands!

Anyway, it's all Mac for me. Although I was considering changing an old PowerBook ("Bronze keyboard") over to Linux. I believe I also have an old black and white SE up in the attic, hmmmm, I think I'll go browsing later.

Paula
Paula Bindrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 04:57 PM   #42

Trailer: Scamp
Send a message via Yahoo to Pete Dumbleton
Paula, if his machine is 'anchored' to one place, how about an external keyboard?

http://www.apple.com/keyboard/

Cindy, I sold my TI at a flea market in Germany about 1991. Even had the blueprints and tech specs for it, plus Extended Basic cartridge -- A very happy German walked away with a box full of TI stuf that day!
Pete Dumbleton is offline   Reply With Quote