I am egg less for now. I gave up my dream of a Casita - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 03-24-2012, 10:32 PM   #15

Name: Robert and Laura
Trailer: September 2012: New proud owners of a 2010 Casita SD
California
We just started looking for a Casita and I can understand how it is difficult to find something used but in good condition. There's nothing in the Southern California area and when one pops up, it's gone by the time we call. So we may have to take the trip, when we're ready, to Rice/Texas. Not what we wanted to do! Until then, we're still looking!

Old 03-24-2012, 11:02 PM   #16

Name: Bob
Trailer: 1973 Hunter Compact II
California
RE: Looking
Try using jaxed.com or another global search engine to check all of the c/l's at the same time. You will need to check at least twice every day and as soon as you see a possible rig, ya gotta call immediately.
In SoCal, if it's even close to being a good deal, those that waited even a few hours before calling are "Still Shopping"
BTW: Yes, you will have to kiss a lot of frogs in your search for a Prince of a trailer.

Old 03-25-2012, 12:13 AM   #17

Name: Roger
Trailer: 2009 Trillium 1300 "Homelet"/2014 Subaru Outback "Rosie"
Washington
Registry
Smile Taking the trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert and Laura View Post
We just started looking for a Casita and I can understand how it is difficult to find something used but in good condition. There's nothing in the Southern California area and when one pops up, it's gone by the time we call. So we may have to take the trip, when we're ready, to Rice/Texas. Not what we wanted to do! Until then, we're still looking!
Maybe you could stop in the Phoenix/Florence area. LOL

trilliumrv.com

PS: Tell Tom that Roger sent you. he, he.

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Roger C H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 11:29 AM   #18

Name: Nick
Trailer: 2012 Lance 1885
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert and Laura View Post
Unless you've just got your heart set on a Casita don't give up on the other eggs out there. Much to choose from both new and used. Check with Casita and see if they have anyone in your area who is willing to let you take a look. Usually they do especially in socal I'd think.

If you aren't in a time crunch don't give up the search to quickly. You never know when that perfect (for you) egg will pop up.

Good luck in your search.

Nick
Old 03-25-2012, 12:00 PM   #19

Name: Karalyn
Trailer: Eggless for now but looking. currently own Amerilite 21 ft
Minnesota
I had my heart set on a yr 2005 and up Casita, and yes was kinda particular. I have owned 2 Scamps and 1 Casita, and know what I wanted this time. I really did not want carpet floor this time. I wanted screen door, and all the options I could find in a deluxe model.
Taking a trip to Somerset, Pennsylvania this summer with hubby and the dogs. The camper I ended up with will work for us. It seems to have everything I wanted, but just not fiberglass. Those fiberglass eggs are conversation starters, they are so small, cute, and functional. I will miss going to the fiberglass camp out this summer, but - oh well, part of the trade off for now.
I am waiting to see my new to me Casita for sale for sure now that I bought something else. LOL

Karalyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 12:12 PM   #20

Name: Jan
Trailer: in the market
Ohio
What a comfort to read comments from others who experience the same frustrations I do! Trying to find a decent used FGRV in Ohio in next to near impossible. Hubby and I are taking the advice of many who have recommended attending a rally just to see what is out there, and we've been assured we're welcome even if we're tent camping. I think my dream is to become an Escapee, but BC--like all the other places I see eggs I'd like to check out--is a bit too far from Cincinnati just for a look-see.
Old 03-25-2012, 01:54 PM   #21

Name: Michael
Trailer: Li'l Hauley
Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karalyn View Post
I had my heart set on a yr 2005 and up Casita, and yes was kinda particular. I have owned 2 Scamps and 1 Casita, and know what I wanted this time. I really did not want carpet floor this time. I wanted screen door, and all the options I could find in a deluxe model.
Taking a trip to Somerset, Pennsylvania this summer with hubby and the dogs. The camper I ended up with will work for us. It seems to have everything I wanted, but just not fiberglass. Those fiberglass eggs are conversation starters, they are so small, cute, and functional. I will miss going to the fiberglass camp out this summer, but - oh well, part of the trade off for now.
I am waiting to see my new to me Casita for sale for sure now that I bought something else. LOL
Go to the FG camp anyway. I went to one last fall and not only did I get to hang out with some fun people and see their trailers, several of them wanted to see mine as well. So go and show yours off, and enjoy good times with like-minded campers.

How much time do we have left? 2 Chr. 7:14
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
casita