I am in Withdrawal.... - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-27-2009, 06:41 PM   #1

Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
Registry
Talking

well, i couldn't take it any longer!! i walk past our trillium in our carport with every trip out of the house..and i feel the pulling of my heartstrings each and every time! today, i decided that i would put it to good use. it now is the temporary home to my 4 homemade christmas cakes----and no! don't anybody give me grief about making christmas cakes!!!!!----and also to a cooler full of carrots and potatoes (on sale 10 lbs for $1.99!!) and also home to my stash of christmas presents. so, now i have very good reasons to go in the trailer...and not just to satisfy my withdrawal symptoms from having to put it away for the season.

ahhhh....springtime and our trip down south can't come soon enough!!
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 07:51 PM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
I doubt you're going to get a bad time from anybody here... those of us that mothball our trailers for the winter probably all go through withdrawals. I think sometime this winter, I'll actually plug in and "camp" in it overnight. Just to get out of the house and away from the phone, etc. I automatically go into "ahhhh" mode when I step inside the Scamp.

Humm place to hide Christmas stuff, hummm hadn't thought about that. Great idea!

BTW: Christmas cake wouldn't be fruit cake would it? Prior to the hack, we actually had a fruit cake topic going... pretty funny stuff.
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 09:48 PM   #3

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: theresa p..."You better watch out, you better not cry, you better not pout, I'm telling you why!!! I know the way to that carport
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 09:59 PM   #4

Registry
Hi: Again... To improve your Christmas cake poke lots of holes into it with a long fork and spoon some rum over it to soak in. Then wrap it in foil and plastic and store in your favorite cool spot!!!
Attached Thumbnails
New_Brunswick_visit.jpg  
Old 11-28-2009, 06:59 PM   #5

Registry
Quote:
Hi: Again... To improve your Christmas cake poke lots of holes into it with a long fork and spoon some rum over it to soak in. Then wrap it in foil and plastic and store in your favorite cool spot!!!

alf---have you and maryann been watching me do exactly that????? hahahah!!! and donna--yes, christmas cake is fruit cake. in this case, it is a white cake....lots of fruit, a recipe that my mother has made since i was a child. yum! but fruit cake has gotten such a bad rap in recent years! i love it. especially with the rum!

today was our santa claus parade. they expected about 100,000 people....based on previous years' attendance. it was an evening parade, and unfortunately, held in a light drizzle.
ho! ho! ho! santa claus is coming to town!

and donna---i think i will do exactly what you do--i will have a winter "camp out" in my carport! sounds like a fabulous idea. thanks!!
Old 11-29-2009, 08:00 AM   #6

Trailer: 2008 Scamp 16 ft
To ease my withdrawal, my Scamp is parked where I can see it from my kitchen window...so, when I'm washing dishes (boring!) I can daydream about where I'm going next, or where I've been. I also like to camp out in my yard a time or two (or three!) in the winter, it just feels right! My husband thinks I'm a little crazy for doing that, so it's good to see that there are other people who do the same thing.

Love the idea about hiding Christmas stuff out there...hmmm...I think I'll have to take my cup of coffee out to the Scamp, and sit and think about that for awhile!!!

Diane G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 03:33 PM   #7

Registry
just came in from adding another dose of rum to the cakes....sooooo tempting to cut off a slice but i resisted!

i walked into the trillium and ohhhh! there is a certain smell, a good one, of course!! that is purely "my trailer" and i sat out there for 20 minutes., with a hot cup of tea, and simply breathed it in.

oh yes...with carrots, potatoes and onions all on this week 10 lbs for 1.99. the cooler in the trailer is now my cold storage room.
Old 11-29-2009, 04:06 PM   #8

Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970
Registry
My Campster stays in the garage, but many times I've been tempted to jump in... and use the Porta Potty! The next closest one is upstairs in the house. But what stops me is knowing I'd have to empty it sometime down the line, lol.

Sometimes I do want to get in and lie down on the little bed and take a nap.
Bobbie Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 05:17 PM   #9

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Question

Quote:
well, i couldn't take it any longer!! i walk past our trillium in our carport with every trip out of the house..and i feel the pulling of my heartstrings each and every time!
We here at the bottom of the left coast have a different reason for our trailer to tug at the heartstrings.

We keep it in the back yard when we are not traveling. I have "Full Hook-ups" and can connect it to water, electric, and sewer. We have family and friends who know this, and we have received emails asking for reservations in the Hotel Fiber Stream! I feel like I have to get in line to use my own trailer!
Old 11-29-2009, 08:27 PM   #10

Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
Quote:
just came in from adding another dose of rum to the cakes....sooooo tempting to cut off a slice but i resisted!
I too, had heard the "bad fruitcake" jokes for years, and had sampled a bad fruitcake or two (usually commercial "gift" fruitcakes). Then, a couple of years ago, a friend sent me a real, homemade fruitcake (with rum, natch), and wow, what a difference. It did NOT last very long. I didn't have Theresa's willpower
Raya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 07:34 AM   #11

Trailer: Boler 1984
Quote:
Hi: Again...
Alf, when did you hatch another egg?
WOW!
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 07:37 AM   #12

Trailer: Boler 1984
Quote:
Hi Alf
When did your Escape hatch another egg?
WOW!
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 07:07 AM   #13

Registry
Hi: James Kent... Jim That happened next to Theresa P's carport in the summer. "Our Escape Hatch" their "Outback"!!! We had a GREAT VISIT.
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie p.s. SAD about "NO" Emily P.Pk. part of Bolerama next July!!!
Old 12-02-2009, 11:11 AM   #14

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel Deluxe ('The White House')
Quote:
**and i sat out there for 20 minutes., with a hot cup of tea, and simply breathed it in.

OK - I will confess to ... I hitched up [b]The White House and took it for a spin down the freeway... just NEEDED to see it in the Rear View Mirror... This was LAST fall (2008) when I resorted to THAT. Just headed down the F'way 5 miles or so, got off and took back roads home. I was like an addict... I **NEEDED** to go. hahahahahaha
Weinel, Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 05:13 PM   #15

Trailer: 1978 Trillium 13 ft
Registry
Alf S. - Could you please explain your post script? I think I missed something.

"p.s. SAD about "NO" Emily P.Pk. part of Bolerama next July!!! "

Will M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 07:05 PM   #16

Registry
Hi: Will M... I sent you a personal msg. about what I know re: Bolerama at Emily P.Pk. 2010 at this time.
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie p.s. This seems like a major case of WITHDRAWAL!!!
Old 12-04-2009, 08:02 PM   #17

Registry
hi alf...i am saddened that there will be no omemee meet this year...as dennis and i were planning on attending!! earlton is way too far north for us to get to. oh well....

have you given thought, alf, to hosting your own meet, down your way????
Old 12-04-2009, 09:32 PM   #18

Trailer: Casita 2000 Spirit Deluxe
I have been reading this post about storing food in the camper. No one mentioned mice getting into that fruit cake. THANK GOODNESS! I was thinking eventually I would see where the little varmets had sampled your fruit cake.
I have read where those critters get into the campers. I am thinking food would be just luring them in.
Where do you safely store it?

Karalyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 06:50 PM   #19

Registry
karalynn.....the fruitcakes are stored in airtight containers and the veggies are in my cooler. i have checked it daily and so far, no problems.
there is no other food in the trailer...and if the little buggers can chew thru the metal tins, and the total thickness of the cooler, then they deserve to have the food!!!!
Old 12-05-2009, 09:21 PM   #20

Trailer: Chalet
Send a message via Yahoo to Lynn Musgrave
Quote:
karalynn.....the fruitcakes are stored in airtight containers and the veggies are in my cooler. i have checked it daily and so far, no problems.
there is no other food in the trailer...and if the little buggers can chew thru the metal tins, and the total thickness of the cooler, then they deserve to have the food!!!!
No they don't they can just work for that Rum cake ...it is hard for me to make and all those veggies have to be chopped. let them make their own cake and chop thier own veggies!

ok I'll go to my room now and drink some more adult beverage. maybe will still come see me.

Lynn
Lynn Musgrave is offline   Reply With Quote