I am now a Scamp 19' Deluxe Owner - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-18-2012, 05:30 PM   #41

Name: Jason
Trailer: soon to be in the market
Nevada
at least you picked up the most important accessories first.. a good coffee mug, and a good backup coffee mug for when you accidentally drive over the first..
Voodoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 08:45 PM   #42

Name: Ken
Trailer: 19' Scamp
Nebraska
I love my 19 deluxe. It pulls like champ with my Ford Sport track..
I am not real concerned about brakes but would for a long haul..
However it took me about a week to engineer and fit a hitch into mine.
Hopefully you'll have someone more experienced that I was,, Or get plans and start now.
Earl E. November is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 09:27 PM   #43

Name: Don
Trailer: Still deciding, but changing my mind from the Casita FD to the Lil Snoozy!
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo View Post
.. a good coffee mug, and a good backup coffee mug for when you accidentally drive over the first..

The Don Pod
CallDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 09:31 PM   #44

Trailer: 2010 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Congratulations Nick. You'll love your new home.
I assume you are having the factory install the hitch, it's part of the deal, & they are very precise.
Backing is a challenge, but take your time & you'll be fine. Many campground hosts are excellent at directing you into a space. Apparently their directions are much clearer than mine, or so I've been told. Like anything, practice makes perfect, it gets easier each time.
Ellen B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 10:21 PM   #45

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Oklahoma
Your trailer will work better than a motel, even if you don't use the water system or plug into shore power. You have a nice new bed, lights that run off the battery, and a furnace to keep you warm enough. Anyway, when traveling in a hurry, it's faster to pull into a Walmart parking lot and go to bed than it is to search up a motel!

I suspect Scamp would have things like a water pressure limiter, a water hose, a sewer hose, and an electric adapter either included or at least available for sale.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 10:27 PM   #46

Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikljones View Post
That's one thing that led me to wanting something with a separate bed. I don't mind sitting at the dinette when I'm working but I know I'll be rigging something up to be a bit more comfortable. I found this really nice chair for outside relaxing and working on my laptop, almost like a recliner.

Cabela's Zero G Padded Chaise Lounger

Found it at Cabela's. I might just have to get it once I arrive in Oregon (no sales tax).

I'll miss my leather recliner for sure.
I have one about the same, from Bass Pro. It fits nicely in the aisle, so I sometimes even use it in the trailer. But since buying mine I've noticed that Walmart has this type of recliner too, for about $45, in their yard/garden section. Best price I've seen anywhere.
Old 03-18-2012, 10:32 PM   #47

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo View Post
... a good coffee mug, and a good backup coffee mug for when you accidentally drive over the first...
I'm on my 4th (or is it the 5th?) good coffee mug.
I keep backing up over my backup one.
Old 03-18-2012, 10:44 PM   #48

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikljones View Post
That's one thing that led me to wanting something with a separate bed. I don't mind sitting at the dinette when I'm working but I know I'll be rigging something up to be a bit more comfortable. I found this really nice chair for outside relaxing and working on my laptop, almost like a recliner.

Cabela's Zero G Padded Chaise Lounger

Found it at Cabela's. I might just have to get it once I arrive in Oregon (no sales tax).

I'll miss my leather recliner for sure.
Nike I always have a list of items to purchase when I hit Oregon for the same reason. Keep in mind that Wally world has a trailer section where you can pick up the electrical adapters etc.... Also if you are thinking of using your computer outside make sure you get an outside electrical plug put on the trailer if it doesnt already have one.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 11:04 AM   #49

Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frederick L. Simson View Post
I'm on my 4th (or is it the 5th?) good coffee mug.
I keep backing up over my backup one.
As long as your partner isn't holding the mug at the time...
Old 03-19-2012, 03:48 PM   #50

Name: Nick
Trailer: OutdoorsRV
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl E. November View Post
I love my 19 deluxe. It pulls like champ with my Ford Sport track..
I am not real concerned about brakes but would for a long haul..
However it took me about a week to engineer and fit a hitch into mine.
Hopefully you'll have someone more experienced that I was,, Or get plans and start now.
Scamp has a new hitch now that they use (though they'll still install the old if you wish). It's a commercial product and they'll be installing for me. Did have a good suggestion from someone though for down the road. Just can't remember who gave it to me or what it was. Hmmm. Do I need to be driving and pulling a camper. You bet. Time for a break from the rat race.
Rvicsvol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 03:50 PM   #51

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellen B View Post
Congratulations Nick. You'll love your new home.
I assume you are having the factory install the hitch, it's part of the deal, & they are very precise.
Backing is a challenge, but take your time & you'll be fine. Many campground hosts are excellent at directing you into a space. Apparently their directions are much clearer than mine, or so I've been told. Like anything, practice makes perfect, it gets easier each time.
Hoho. Thanks. I'll get to test my backing skills the first night as I park it to CAMP. No motel for me. Hehe...
Old 03-19-2012, 03:54 PM   #52

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Magee View Post
Your trailer will work better than a motel, even if you don't use the water system or plug into shore power. You have a nice new bed, lights that run off the battery, and a furnace to keep you warm enough. Anyway, when traveling in a hurry, it's faster to pull into a Walmart parking lot and go to bed than it is to search up a motel!

I suspect Scamp would have things like a water pressure limiter, a water hose, a sewer hose, and an electric adapter either included or at least available for sale.
Yep I'd thought about Walmart as well. Since I am in a bit of a hurry (you know grand daughters) that might be my best bet for the two nights I'd need it. (Hopefully not more).

I also suspect Scamp will have them available but just to make sure I used my old standby Amazon.com and ordered the bare essentials in that line. Will be here on Wednesday.
Old 03-19-2012, 03:55 PM   #53

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Magee View Post
I have one about the same, from Bass Pro. It fits nicely in the aisle, so I sometimes even use it in the trailer. But since buying mine I've noticed that Walmart has this type of recliner too, for about $45, in their yard/garden section. Best price I've seen anywhere.
That's inexpensive. I'll need to check out Walmart when I go to stock on traveling supplies this weekend. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 03-19-2012, 03:59 PM   #54

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
Nike I always have a list of items to purchase when I hit Oregon for the same reason. Keep in mind that Wally world has a trailer section where you can pick up the electrical adapters etc.... Also if you are thinking of using your computer outside make sure you get an outside electrical plug put on the trailer if it doesnt already have one.
Oh yeah. Wally world gets a lot of my business and I'm sure I'll be hitting that section when I go.

One of my first questions was an outside outlet. There was, but there will be. As I told them it should be standard.

Tags
scamp